Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock drafts.

Default Mock drafts.

Ahhhhh. I like the way this guy drafts for our Chiefs. It is only two rounds, but I love the way that he has things working out.

http://www.draftconnection.com/nfl/mock-draft.php

For the second round, go to picks 33-42, at the bottom of the page.

He has the Chiefs taking two OTs. A bit of exaggeration perhaps, but I would love to see two of our first three picks dedicated to the offensive line. Maybe a guard instead of a tackle, but then many college OTs become OGs in the NFL.

Ideally, I would want an OT, then a CB, and then an OG. (aside from any trade-down scenarios that would bring us extra first day picks, and disregarding any free agents.)

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnationrepresentarmy View Post
    tickets 170 bucks
    drive from vegas to glendale 300 miles
    beer 1500 on sale
    lienhart 0-1 priceless
    I love going into enemy territory and mocking them. HA! did the same in denver.
    Keep up the fight. You are a model Chiefs fan.

I will. I will be attending a KC game next year in both Charlotte and San Diego. photos will follow. dont worry!!!

I will. I will be attending a KC game next year in both Charlotte and San Diego. photos will follow. dont worry!!!
    Wow! Now I have a reason to get excited about this coming season.

well, i think we can rest assured that Mcfadden won't be there at #5. J. Long and Dorsey probably won't be either. so.....C. Long, Ryan, or CB.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the ‘Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones’ alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the ‘Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it’s clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office. If that’s true it wouldn’t surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.

I think the odds of Jake Long falling to the chiefs at #4/#5 are pretty high.

First of all the only reason I see a team trading up to the top 5 is for either Dorsey or McFadden, or if someone really wants QB Ryan and wants to move in front of Atlanta. So lets look at those scenarios.

#1 Pick...we know Miami would like to trade this pick...lets assume for a minute someone trades up to here...it is ONLY for Dorsey or McFadden. Dallas would be the most likely candidate, and likely for Dorsey. If Miami stays here I say they also pick Dorsey. So #1 Dorsey, most likely. Unless the suitor is NE Patriots, and then I'd say the #1 would be McFadden, but with Maroney surging in the playoffs, they'll likely stand pat with the 49ers pick and grab Jenkins (CB-FL)

#2--St Louis, this is likely the only spot where JLong could go before the Chiefs pick. However I'd say they have bigger needs on the defensive side of the ball, particularly with their pass rush. Enter Chris Long. I don't see them trading down.

#3/#4---Atlanta/Oakland---Atlanta likely takes Ryan with their pick in either spot...Oakland's O-line looked pretty good the last 5-6 games last year, and although they have a lot of depth at RB, McFadden is a rare talent. Fargas is a free agent, Jordan & Rhodes are aging, and Bush is uncertain due to his injuries. I'd say either McFadden or Sedrick Ellis (DT) are the pick for Oakland.

#5---KC---Not even Carla and Herm will pass Jake Long...if he isn't there they'll have to trade down to get value at O-line. Baker, Clady & Otah are all more middle to late 1st round type talents. Good, but not worth the $$$ at #5. If Long is gone, and they can't trade to #10-15 then the next best talent likely is Jenkins. Although they might be able to trade to #7 if they can convince NE that they'll take Jenkins at #5.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    well, i think we can rest assured that Mcfadden won't be there at #5. J. Long and Dorsey probably won't be either. so.....C. Long, Ryan, or CB.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen suggested during a special edition of Sunday NFL Countdown that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is eyeing the possibility of swinging a trade with the Dolphins for the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 draft.

Such a deal would allow the ‘Boys to bag running back Darren McFadden, who played college football at Jones’ alma mater of Arkansas.

Per Mort, any such deal would have to include the rights to Cowboys running back Marion Barber, who is slated to be a restricted free agent. To make it happen, the Cowboys would have to work out a sign-and-trade deal before Barber gets a chance to ink an offer sheet that would force the Cowboys to match the terms or let him go in exchange for compensation. Thus, the safest bet for the ‘Boys would be to tender Barber at the highest possible level, which would force any team that signs him to give up a first-round pick and a third-round pick. Those extra picks then could be used to sweeten the pot for the top spot in the draft.

And it’s clear that the Cowboys are going to have to find a way to enhance the two first-rounders that they can offer up for the No. 1 pick. Under the revised draft order, the Cowboys pick at No. 22 (from Cleveland) and at No. 28. Under the trade chart, the No. 22 overall pick is worth 780 points and the No. 28 selection is worth 660 points. The No. 1 selection has a value of 3,000 points; thus, the Cowboys would be a whopping 1,560 points short.

Though the trade chart arguably needs to be adjusted to reflect the fact that the enormous financial investment that is now required when using the top pick makes the prospects of a move up even more fraught with risk, the Fins could justify the 1,560-point gap by placing that value on Barber, who coupled with Ronnie Brown could give Miami a deadly one-two punch in the backfield.

Some readers think that the framework for a deal is already in place, and was part of the unspoken understanding that allowed the Dolphins to have their way with the Dallas front office. If that’s true it wouldn’t surprise us. Jones surely covets McFadden, and our guess is that he is willing to do whatever is necessary to get him.
    I've got to believe that Bill Parcells will be looking to put the screws to Jerry Jones on any kind of trade for the phins #1 pick. If this deal gets done, Dallas is going to be giving the farm to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I've got to believe that Bill Parcells will be looking to put the screws to Jerry Jones on any kind of trade for the phins #1 pick. If this deal gets done, Dallas is going to be giving the farm to get it.
    Jones is normally pretty shrewd, but I wouldn't put it past him to pay out the wazzoooo if he really wants that number one pick.

I was looking at a mock draft that I liked, and thought I would share what they had for our Chiefs...

1st round - OT Jake Long, Michigan

Long would have been a top 10 pick last year as he is a tremendous OT with the skills and ability to take on the best pass rushers in the NFL. At 6’7 he has the size to engulf a DE, and he also has the power to run block down field. This will come in handy in Kansas City where they like to pound the football. Kansas City’s biggest need is OT where they have struggled to have stability since the retirement of Willie Roaf. Jake Long would start right away and stabilize an Offensive Line that not too long ago was one of the most dominant in the NFL. This is a perfect marriage of value and need for KC.

(I think that we all know that I like this scenario.)

2nd round - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State

This player is catching a lot of buzz as the small school sleeper in this draft. Outside of Patrick Surtain and Ty Law the Chiefs have very little quality depth at CB. Because the previous two are not spring chickens it would be wise to add a quality CB early in this draft. If he is as good as he is billed, Rodgers-Cromartie very well may go higher than this. Because he is rumored to post a sub 4.4 40 to match his size at 6’2, scouts are drooling over this guy. However, we cannot forget that he is a definite work in progress. The major questions will be can he play against top level competition, can he add more strength to play press and does he have the technique to help him succeed with his raw tools. We shall see.

( I may sound pretty negative about Herm at times, but I have faith in his ability to draft and develope DBs. And a 6'2" blazing fast CB would be an excellent tool to give to Herm.)

3rd round - WR Levelle Hawkins, California

Hawkins had a great Senior Bowl week and proved he is one of the better WR's in this class. The Chiefs need more WR's.

(I'm not thrilled to see a WR here. I would rather see another O-lineman. But two out of three ain't bad, and it's not like we are absolutely set at WR.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I was looking at a mock draft that I liked, and thought I would share what they had for our Chiefs...

1st round - OT Jake Long, Michigan

Long would have been a top 10 pick last year as he is a tremendous OT with the skills and ability to take on the best pass rushers in the NFL. At 6’7 he has the size to engulf a DE, and he also has the power to run block down field. This will come in handy in Kansas City where they like to pound the football. Kansas City’s biggest need is OT where they have struggled to have stability since the retirement of Willie Roaf. Jake Long would start right away and stabilize an Offensive Line that not too long ago was one of the most dominant in the NFL. This is a perfect marriage of value and need for KC.

(I think that we all know that I like this scenario.)

2nd round - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State

This player is catching a lot of buzz as the small school sleeper in this draft. Outside of Patrick Surtain and Ty Law the Chiefs have very little quality depth at CB. Because the previous two are not spring chickens it would be wise to add a quality CB early in this draft. If he is as good as he is billed, Rodgers-Cromartie very well may go higher than this. Because he is rumored to post a sub 4.4 40 to match his size at 6’2, scouts are drooling over this guy. However, we cannot forget that he is a definite work in progress. The major questions will be can he play against top level competition, can he add more strength to play press and does he have the technique to help him succeed with his raw tools. We shall see.

( I may sound pretty negative about Herm at times, but I have faith in his ability to draft and develope DBs. And a 6'2" blazing fast CB would be an excellent tool to give to Herm.)

3rd round - WR Levelle Hawkins, California

Hawkins had a great Senior Bowl week and proved he is one of the better WR's in this class. The Chiefs need more WR's.

(I'm not thrilled to see a WR here. I would rather see another O-lineman. But two out of three ain't bad, and it's not like we are absolutely set at WR.)
    So if this dream scenario occurs Herm is a genius?

I am thinking about agreeing, and yet conficted somehow...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    So if this dream scenario occurs Herm is a genius?

I am thinking about agreeing, and yet conficted somehow...
    If that were to happen, then I would pretty happy with Herm. There would have to be some other o-line help, but I would be glad to get those first two picks made.

I would also be happy if we traded down and picked-up more early draft picks.