Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The NOT gonna happen list.

Default The NOT gonna happen list.

First off I'd like to say this is for all of us HOPEFULL chief fans who see great free agents that seam as though they would make a good fit for this team go to other teams instead. Infact there is'nt even much talk usually that we show even a little interest in these players, period. So, with that said here is my list of NOT gonna happen....and not even gonna be considered by organization.

1. Donavon Mcnabb. Kc will go into 08 with Brodie as the starter and Damon Huard his back-up. 3rd string will be a late 5-6 rounder who Peterson will say was a "no brainer" choice at that spot. Later cut.

2. Chad Johnson. Unfortionately Jonnie Morton blew any chance of KC taking chances on HIGH profile recievers in Free agency. Draft has been a horrible place for kc when looking for recievers outside of Bowe. Still, that is once again where KC will depend on finding quality help at the positon. Kennison, parker, webb all need to be cut. Webb and Parker have had 3 yr's to prove something...we got nothing. Johnson would be HUGE but he would not agree to come here anyway. EVERYONE in the league know's Brodie is a bust Except KC.

3. OK, I'm gonna just stop calling names out and just put it simple. Any Quality free agent over the age of 24 who could be a possitive, imidiate answer at there respectable position upgrading the roster and improving our team overnight. KC not interested.........

Don't ask me why, ask Carl Paterson.

It is what it is. '08 is going to be a very young football team. The only Vet's are going to be the ones who already exist (if they survive cut's). I do think there is a chance we go after free agent's on the O-line. i think we will draft Long (michigan) and fill spots with young free agents at O-line.

'09 we will have dumped Peterson, there goes Herm.....We go after a new young coach who will take this young team and install some great veteran's who can help lead this team back to the play-offs.

Kc wins it's first playoff game again in 2010.

I'll be there smilin.

Bigchief.....

Johnnie Morton vs Chad Johnson?

No comparison.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Smile

I really don't feel like we need any receivers - I think any team with good coaching can make good receivers. Maybe with one good draft pick on that end and work with what we have will suffice if the coaches know what they are doing. That on the other hand is putting a lot of trust in them. But concentrating on our o line is the biggest issue.

If this team is as young as you think and this team is anywhere close to .500, Herm definitely won't be gone. Peterson, maybe but i doubt it. I think Hunt will give these guys the benifit of the doubt and let the young roster mature.

I've said it before; it's gonna take 4 or 5 years to truly rebuild this team to the point where we're perennial SB contenders. The key thing you should look at is the comments from Hunt that say him and Edwards are on the same page when it comes to philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post
    First off I'd like to say this is for all of us HOPEFULL chief fans who see great free agents that seam as though they would make a good fit for this team go to other teams instead. Infact there is'nt even much talk usually that we show even a little interest in these players, period. So, with that said here is my list of NOT gonna happen....and not even gonna be considered by organization.

1. Donavon Mcnabb. Kc will go into 08 with Brodie as the starter and Damon Huard his back-up. 3rd string will be a late 5-6 rounder who Peterson will say was a "no brainer" choice at that spot. Later cut.

2. Chad Johnson. Unfortionately Jonnie Morton blew any chance of KC taking chances on HIGH profile recievers in Free agency. Draft has been a horrible place for kc when looking for recievers outside of Bowe. Still, that is once again where KC will depend on finding quality help at the positon. Kennison, parker, webb all need to be cut. Webb and Parker have had 3 yr's to prove something...we got nothing. Johnson would be HUGE but he would not agree to come here anyway. EVERYONE in the league know's Brodie is a bust Except KC.

3. OK, I'm gonna just stop calling names out and just put it simple. Any Quality free agent over the age of 24 who could be a possitive, imidiate answer at there respectable position upgrading the roster and improving our team overnight. KC not interested.........

It is what it is. '08 is going to be a very young football team. The only Vet's are going to be the ones who already exist (if they survive cut's). I do think there is a chance we go after free agent's on the O-line. i think we will draft Long (michigan) and fill spots with young free agents at O-line.

'09 we will have dumped Peterson, there goes Herm.....We go after a new young coach who will take this young team and install some great veteran's who can help lead this team back to the play-offs.

I'll be there smilin.

Bigchief.....
    2008 is going to as long a season as 2007 was.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    If this team is as young as you think and this team is anywhere close to .500, Herm definitely won't be gone. Peterson, maybe but i doubt it. I think Hunt will give these guys the benifit of the doubt and let the young roster mature.

I've said it before; it's gonna take 4 or 5 years to truly rebuild this team to the point where we're perennial SB contenders. The key thing you should look at is the comments from Hunt that say him and Edwards are on the same page when it comes to philosophy.
    I hope we don't have to wait THAT long, but as a fan I am willing to withstand the rebuild for as long as it takes.
    (I have been told, that we fans have a extreme tolerance for pain)

Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post

I'll be there smilin.

Bigchief.....
    One minor detail. Jeff Webb has only been here for two years. Still two years without showing anything, but not three years.

Good write-up, but I don't think we need, or can afford, any of the high-profile WRs, or Qbs that might get mentioned.

Croyle might be a bust. But I will need to see him play with an NFL offense before I would be willing to throw him into that catergory.

DT Albert Haynesworth, anybody? The Titans should wind-up tagging him, but if not, then he will be an UFA.

Quote Originally Posted by tammietailgator View Post
    I hope we don't have to wait THAT long, but as a fan I am willing to withstand the rebuild for as long as it takes.
    (I have been told, that we fans have a extreme tolerance for pain)

As fans we all have precious little choice.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

The worst part of this entire situation.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    One minor detail. Jeff Webb has only been here for two years. Still two years without showing anything, but not three years.

Good write-up, but I don't think we need, or can afford, any of the high-profile WRs, or Qbs that might get mentioned.

Croyle might be a bust. But I will need to see him play with an NFL offense before I would be willing to throw him into that catergory.

DT Albert Haynesworth, anybody? The Titans should wind-up tagging him, but if not, then he will be an UFA.
    Haynesworth is awesome, but could we get him cheaper than those other positions you mentioned getting big namer players?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast