Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Mock drafts.

Default Mock drafts.

Ahhhhh. I like the way this guy drafts for our Chiefs. It is only two rounds, but I love the way that he has things working out.

http://www.draftconnection.com/nfl/mock-draft.php

For the second round, go to picks 33-42, at the bottom of the page.

He has the Chiefs taking two OTs. A bit of exaggeration perhaps, but I would love to see two of our first three picks dedicated to the offensive line. Maybe a guard instead of a tackle, but then many college OTs become OGs in the NFL.

Ideally, I would want an OT, then a CB, and then an OG. (aside from any trade-down scenarios that would bring us extra first day picks, and disregarding any free agents.)

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Flacco has a BIG BIG arm.
    I heard he has two of them!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Umm, I know this won't go over well, but after reading and looking at our current situation, I've decided i want Joe Flacco or Andre Woodson at some point in this draft. I just think either one of these guys would just be a much better option than Croyle.

The biggest problem is that Flacco could go anywhere from the 1st to 4th round. So, it would be a gamble if we decide to take him anywhere in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Same goes for Woodson between the 2nd and 5th rounds.

I DO realize we have other positions of need, but QB, believe it or not, isn't exactly out of that category either. I'm not advocating spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on Flacco, but if he's there at #4 in the 3rd round, I think I'd pull the trigger.....but i think that's a BIG IF!!
    Unless Herm feels comfortable with finding a quality CB on the second day, or we can fill at least one of our o-line needs through free agency, then I can't put QB above either of those positions. (O-line being in need of at least two starters, as we could gamble on one of our younger players to fill the third open position.)

But I am not against the idea of bringing someone in to eventually challenge for the starting QB job.

Unfortunately for Croyle, it is unlikely that he will get a fair shot at being "the man" this season, while playing behind an o-line that would include three new starters.

But, if we do address the offensive line aggressively this offseason, then it should be improved in '08, and should become a well-rounded unit in '09. That would give Croyle, or any QB that we might draft this offseason, a serious opportunity to show what they can do.

I certainly wouldn't mind having Croyle and a second year QB at our disposal when the offense gets comfortable.

Who/what can we trade to grab another 2nd and 3rd rounder? Ultimately, to fill most of the needs/wants that are on this team, getting 5 picks in the first 3 rounds is what we're gonna have to do.

Perhaps if we trade out of that #5 pick we could pick up Otah later in the first while picking up an additional 2nd and 3rd rounder in the process. Supposedly, there's a new point system/draft chart coming out this season so i'm not exactly sure how it would all add up.

But i figure the first 5 picks should be OT, CB, then in no particular order, OG, QB, WR. Getting 5 picks in the first 70-80 of the draft would go a long ways to getting this team back on track.

The more that comes out about Jake Long, the more pessimistic i get about the Chiefs' opportunity to land him. I think he goes #1 or #2 to be honest.

Thanks for educating me on Flowers. I still also like Rogers-Cromartie though. However, Flowers would be a solid pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilamuku View Post
    Thanks for educating me on Flowers. I still also like Rogers-Cromartie though. However, Flowers would be a solid pick.
    We have many knowledgeable fans here. :)

You CAN'T trade out of the #5 unless Jake Long is gone. He is a rare talent. You don't see an OT like him in the draft every year. I'd put him a head and shoulder above Joe Thomas from last year. 5.17 is a better than average 40-time, but he showed up well in the agility drills (he's nimble on his feet) and he showed massive power, which would be huge in a run, run, pass offense...you can skip the punt part!!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    You CAN'T trade out of the #5 unless Jake Long is gone. He is a rare talent. You don't see an OT like him in the draft every year. I'd put him a head and shoulder above Joe Thomas from last year. 5.17 is a better than average 40-time, but he showed up well in the agility drills (he's nimble on his feet) and he showed massive power, which would be huge in a run, run, pass offense...you can skip the punt part!!!!
    If Long is what it takes to make this Herm style offense work, then Carl better do everything in his power to make sure he becomes a Chief this year!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I like Long but I think you just sold Thomas a little short! He had an unbelievable season! Did not allow 1 sack from his side!!!! Very Impressive!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I like Long but I think you just sold Thomas a little short! He had an unbelievable season! Did not allow 1 sack from his side!!!! Very Impressive!!
    Thomas is great...however Long is just as good fundamentally, but slightly larger and stronger. He should be just as good in pass blocking, but a better road grader (run blocker)...which fits the Herm style of (N)Offense...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Thomas is great...however Long is just as good fundamentally, but slightly larger and stronger. He should be just as good in pass blocking, but a better road grader (run blocker)...which fits the Herm style of (N)Offense...

Good one!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png