Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock drafts.

Default Mock drafts.

Ahhhhh. I like the way this guy drafts for our Chiefs. It is only two rounds, but I love the way that he has things working out.

http://www.draftconnection.com/nfl/mock-draft.php

For the second round, go to picks 33-42, at the bottom of the page.

He has the Chiefs taking two OTs. A bit of exaggeration perhaps, but I would love to see two of our first three picks dedicated to the offensive line. Maybe a guard instead of a tackle, but then many college OTs become OGs in the NFL.

Ideally, I would want an OT, then a CB, and then an OG. (aside from any trade-down scenarios that would bring us extra first day picks, and disregarding any free agents.)

Sounds good to me.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

there's no way Jake Long falls to #4. I really wish someone would make a mock draft that doesn't have the Chiefs taking Long or Ryan, cuz neither are going to happen.

Personally, I think if the Dolphins take Dorsey or Chris Long #1, you're going to see the Chiefs trade their pick to the Dallas Cowboys so they can draft Darrin Mcfadden.

We'll probably be picking at #28, #36, #59 then again at #68.

Unless Dorsey or Chris/Jake Long is still sitting on the board when the #5 pick comes up, I honestly can't see the Chiefs drafting at the #5 pick.

I think it's obvious that the Boys are looking to draft a franchinse RB and will be looking to trade up. Hopefully Peterson can get a big package to give up that #5 pick....but at the same time not ask for the moon and scare everyone off. We all know Peterson prides himself on being a shrewd negotiator. I really think that's why we never make trades and when we do, it takes months for them to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    there's no way Jake Long falls to #4. I really wish someone would make a mock draft that doesn't have the Chiefs taking Long or Ryan, cuz neither are going to happen.

Personally, I think if the Dolphins take Dorsey or Chris Long #1, you're going to see the Chiefs trade their pick to the Dallas Cowboys so they can draft Darrin Mcfadden.

Unless Dorsey or Chris/Jake Long is still sitting on the board when the #5 pick comes up, I honestly can't see the Chiefs drafting at the #5 pick.

I think it's obvious that the Boys are looking to draft a franchinse RB and will be looking to trade up. Hopefully Peterson can get a big package to give up that #5 pick....but at the same time not ask for the moon and scare everyone off. We all know Peterson prides himself on being a shrewd negotiator. I really think that's why we never make trades and when we do, it takes months for them to happen.
    What's wrong with Marion Barber? He will be the Boys starting RB and a good one at that. Dallas will not take McFadden unless he is there when they are on the clock but I doubt that will be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    What's wrong with Marion Barber? He will be the Boys starting RB and a good one at that. Dallas will not take McFadden unless he is there when they are on the clock but I doubt that will be the case.
    Marion Barber is a FA. I don't think Rosenhaus will allow him NOT to test the market.

By the draft pick trade value chart, that would have us givving up 1700 pts, for 970 pts.

I wonder if the Bengals might be interested in moving up. They pick ninth overall. If they were to add their third round pick, and maybe a sixth rounder, then we would be very close to an equal trade.

Then, maybe we could start talks with the Vikings, at seventeen.

Seventeen would be an ideal spot to move to. I believe that Sam Baker, Jeff Otah, and Gosder Cherilus would still be availale. (All are offensive tackles.)

Since I am sold on our dire need for an OT, and I doubt that OT Jake Long falls to us, seventeen is the spot that I would have my eye on. Especially since it one spot ahead of the Houston Texans. Who, rather they know it or not, need an offensive tackle pretty badly too.

In the process of making the two trades to get there, we would accumulate, at least, a couple of extra picks. Which I think we need, considering the rest of the teams needs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    By the draft pick trade value chart, that would have us givving up 1700 pts, for 970 pts.

I wonder if the Bengals might be interested in moving up. They pick ninth overall. If they were to add their third round pick, and maybe a sixth rounder, then we would be very close to an equal trade.

Then, maybe we could start talks with the Vikings, at seventeen.

Seventeen would be an ideal spot to move to. I believe that Sam Baker, Jeff Otah, and Gosder Cherilus would still be availale. (All are offensive tackles.)

Since I am sold on our dire need for an OT, and I doubt that OT Jake Long falls to us, seventeen is the spot that I would have my eye on. Especially since it one spot ahead of the Houston Texans. Who, rather they know it or not, need an offensive tackle pretty badly too.

In the process of making the two trades to get there, we would accumulate, at least, a couple of extra picks. Which I think we need, considering the rest of the teams needs.
    yeah, it would be interesting to see what it's going to take for Dallas to jump that far. I know it would take more than a first and second rounder...but those were just the ones i was talking about.

Perhaps the Chiefs and Cowboys could pull off a 3 way trade that would net the Chiefs a pair of 1st rounders plus other additional picks.

I agree, somewhere in the teens would be ideal for picking an OL or two. It would be nice to see the Chiefs take two OL in the first so they can take a CB or WR with their first 2nd rd. pick.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief;64715[B
    ]there's no way Jake Long falls to #4.[/B] I really wish someone would make a mock draft that doesn't have the Chiefs taking Long or Ryan, cuz neither are going to happen.

Never say never in the NFL draft. Everyone, especially all the draft "experts", were suprised when Quinn fell as far as he did last year. There are huge surprises every year.
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

yeah, it would be interesting to see what it's going to take for Dallas to jump that far. I know it would take more than a first and second rounder...but those were just the ones i was talking about.

Perhaps the Chiefs and Cowboys could pull off a 3 way trade that would net the Chiefs a pair of 1st rounders plus other additional picks.

I agree, somewhere in the teens would be ideal for picking an OL or two. It would be nice to see the Chiefs take two OL in the first so they can take a CB or WR with their first 2nd rd. pick.
    I would be more than willing to use our second pick on a defensive player. (Most likely a CB) Because offensive guards rarely start moving off the board in the first round, Even the early second round, where our current 2nd pick/hypothetical third pick would be. That would allow us to get a first round OT, a first round CB, and an early second round OG. That would definitely make me a happy Chiefs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Never say never in the NFL draft. Everyone, especially all the draft "experts", were suprised when Quinn fell as far as he did last year. There are huge surprises every year.
    I think SOME were suprised that the best QB in the draft fell THAT far, but if he had been in any other draft class, he would've been picked around where he was. IMO

He didn't exactly light it up at Notre Dame

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast