Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Mock drafts.

Default Mock drafts.

Ahhhhh. I like the way this guy drafts for our Chiefs. It is only two rounds, but I love the way that he has things working out.

http://www.draftconnection.com/nfl/mock-draft.php

For the second round, go to picks 33-42, at the bottom of the page.

He has the Chiefs taking two OTs. A bit of exaggeration perhaps, but I would love to see two of our first three picks dedicated to the offensive line. Maybe a guard instead of a tackle, but then many college OTs become OGs in the NFL.

Ideally, I would want an OT, then a CB, and then an OG. (aside from any trade-down scenarios that would bring us extra first day picks, and disregarding any free agents.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    If that were to happen, then I would pretty happy with Herm. There would have to be some other o-line help, but I would be glad to get those first two picks made.

I would also be happy if we traded down and picked-up more early draft picks.

You mean get Long and Clady both in the first round?

That would be sweet.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Who would you pick in this worst case scenario? 1. Dolphins - Chris Long 2. Rams - Glenn Dorsey 3. Falcons - Sedrick Ellis 4. Raiders - Jake Long 5. Chiefs - ??? Assume that you cannot trade down. Who would you pick? Would you reach for Ryan Clady? Or pick BAP (Ryan, McFadden)?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperUberBob View Post
    Who would you pick in this worst case scenario? 1. Dolphins - Chris Long 2. Rams - Glenn Dorsey 3. Falcons - Sedrick Ellis 4. Raiders - Jake Long 5. Chiefs - ??? Assume that you cannot trade down. Who would you pick? Would you reach for Ryan Clady? Or pick BAP (Ryan, McFadden)?
    With trading out eliminated, I go for Clady. Ellis, and Dorsey would be two players that I would have taken, had they not been taken already.

But, if McFadden is available, then I bet a trade-down scenario would make itself available.

Default my draft thoughts

Some of my personal thoughts for a hopeful draft,

Hoping for:
    1.Jake Long, need that O-line
    2.Brandon Flowers, CB's are gettin lil old now
    3.Earl Hawkins, WR, good enough support for the reciever front
    4.Owen Schmitt or Peyton Hillis, FB, i personally think the FB schemes worked better for LJ and the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post

Hoping for:
    4.Owen Schmitt or Peyton Hillis, FB, i personally think the FB schemes worked better for LJ and the backfield.
    Who's Brandon Flowers?

I like the the others!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Default from my post before

Brandon Flowers is from main CB from VT (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1)

he's a monster-hitting cornerback.

Quote Originally Posted by leaves View Post

Hoping for:
    I'm gonna need more O-line.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm gonna need more O-line.
    Wow, that sure came out of left field!

Umm, I know this won't go over well, but after reading and looking at our current situation, I've decided i want Joe Flacco or Andre Woodson at some point in this draft. I just think either one of these guys would just be a much better option than Croyle.

The biggest problem is that Flacco could go anywhere from the 1st to 4th round. So, it would be a gamble if we decide to take him anywhere in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Same goes for Woodson between the 2nd and 5th rounds.

I DO realize we have other positions of need, but QB, believe it or not, isn't exactly out of that category either. I'm not advocating spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on Flacco, but if he's there at #4 in the 3rd round, I think I'd pull the trigger.....but i think that's a BIG IF!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Umm, I know this won't go over well, but after reading and looking at our current situation, I've decided i want Joe Flacco or Andre Woodson at some point in this draft. I just think either one of these guys would just be a much better option than Croyle.

The biggest problem is that Flacco could go anywhere from the 1st to 4th round. So, it would be a gamble if we decide to take him anywhere in the first 2 or 3 rounds. Same goes for Woodson between the 2nd and 5th rounds.

I DO realize we have other positions of need, but QB, believe it or not, isn't exactly out of that category either. I'm not advocating spending a 1st or 2nd round pick on Flacco, but if he's there at #4 in the 3rd round, I think I'd pull the trigger.....but i think that's a BIG IF!!
    Flacco has a BIG BIG arm.