Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Priest

Default Priest

Friday, on N.F.L. Network, Tony Gonzales and Rich Eisen were discussing the return of Priest Holmes, to the Chiefs, this season. T.G. said that if Priest says he is coming back, then he would expect him to return.

My first thought was...:sign0162: ...Go Priest!!!

Then the reallity set in. Herm won't let him have a chance to take the starting job from L.J. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs attempt to unload him through a trade. Likely, for a seventh round pick.

However, the visions of Priest cutting between his blockers for big chunks of yardage, and some touchdowns, does stir-up some emotions.

He won't start. But, he'd be a nice insurance policy. God knows LJ needs some help. Last year he broke the single season carry record.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    He won't start. But, he'd be a nice insurance policy. God knows LJ needs some help. Last year he broke the single season carry record.

I agree, but wouldn't rule out a trade; Herm as made no secret of the fact that he wants this team to get younger.

I say let him play one season . They have been paying him anyways since hes been hurt. Hes the type of guy who always puts out 100 % He really cant do much worse than Bennett at this point ( who is always coming off an injury or getting injured ) . They need a Big back Like Lorenzo Neil to blow holes for larry to follow through if they get rid of Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I say let him play one season . They have been paying him anyways since hes been hurt. Hes the type of guy who always puts out 100 % He really cant do much worse than Bennett at this point ( who is always coming off an injury or getting injured ) . They need a Big back Like Lorenzo Neil to blow holes for larry to follow through if they get rid of Holmes.
    Yep!

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post

I would love to see him in the backfield again, but do wonder about his effectiveness if the "O" Line does not improve.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i would love to see preist play again but its getting harder to see it happening.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

I believe LJ will make 800k this year. He has been nothing but unhappy in KC. Think he'll be a Chief next year? If Priest is coming back, I would trade LJ for a couple of young players and a draft pick or 2. Bring Priest back, let him mentor a new RB and really rebuild. I think you lose LJ after the season anyway. Why not get something for the future for him? I don't think this is the year we make a run anyway. Remeber LJ talking about learning to wait for his blocks from Priest? Let Priest show another talented, gifted runner how to be an NFL back. "# of carries" record should be for the coach. That was his decision. Average # of yrds per carry --> that's the offensive line's stat. Yards after first touch, that is the one the RB owns by himself --> and I don't think LJ is the top there. I love the Chiefs and admire LJ, but if we building for the future, LJ is the biggest building block we have...

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I believe LJ will make 800k this year. He has been nothing but unhappy in KC. Think he'll be a Chief next year? If Priest is coming back, I would trade LJ for a couple of young players and a draft pick or 2. Bring Priest back, let him mentor a new RB and really rebuild. I think you lose LJ after the season anyway. Why not get something for the future for him? I don't think this is the year we make a run anyway. Remeber LJ talking about learning to wait for his blocks from Priest? Let Priest show another talented, gifted runner how to be an NFL back. "# of carries" record should be for the coach. That was his decision. Average # of yrds per carry --> that's the offensive line's stat. Yards after first touch, that is the one the RB owns by himself --> and I don't think LJ is the top there. I love the Chiefs and admire LJ, but if we building for the future, LJ is the biggest building block we have...
    Good post, and welcome to the Crowd! BTW

I'll still be surprised to see Priest back in the Red and gold.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I like the way you think. :character0075: OMG!!!! IT'S AN ERIC CARTMAN SMILEY!!!!!

Oops, sorry about the ADD there.

But, anything that includes dealing L.J. away, makes me smile.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast