Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tren Green

Default Tren Green

Been wondering for some while now, who'll be the replacement for Trent Green...
    I mean, he's turning 36 now and let's face it, is playing on atleast the second last tune.

You think Huard or Collins can fill his place?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i think trent will take a pay cut and play one to two more years. just in time to train brodie or who ever. we saw brodie throw alot at the mini-camp and he hada cannon for a arm,but,,,,,, he seemed in college to get hurt alot and that bothers me. but it dosnt matter if they dont get a LT and shore up the rest of the line, any QB is doomed.
    Exactly! Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Well put wolfpack, Joe Montana could not perform behind our present Ofennsive line, in fact offensive is a complimnet to this bunch!! (grin)

Oh, I don't know; I found them to be quite "offensive".

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh, I don't know; I found them to be quite "offensive".

Yep, they are about as offensive as any bunch could get, Grin!!
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i thought Sheilds play last year showed his age. but it was still better than most guards in the nfl. Waters play seemed to be hurting also but he was playing both guard and LT. i say that because I-65 needed all the help he could get.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i thought Sheilds play last year showed his age. but it was still better than most guards in the nfl. Waters play seemed to be hurting also but he was playing both guard and LT. i say that because I-65 needed all the help he could get.
    Yup; thanks a heap Big Willie!

Smile

Let's look at it realistically, our offensive line has age on it, and we need some folks that know how to play their positions with the talent to go with it. Had we been reloading with the right talent, we would not be in this pickle.
    You have to think complete team, not just offense or defense, this is managements downfall for eighteen years, with no prospects of getting any better.
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Let's look at it realistically, our offensive line has age on it, and we need some folks that know how to play their positions with the talent to go with it. Had we been reloading with the right talent, we would not be in this pickle.
    You have to think complete team, not just offense or defense, this is managements downfall for eighteen years, with no prospects of getting any better.

Unfortunately.

Hasn't anyone been hearing the rumors? N.F.L. Netwoerks' Adam Schefter was reporting the Chiefs as "shopping around" both; Jared Allen and Trent Green. I think that we are going to rest the fate of our offense on the arm of Damon Huard.

While the idea scares the he77 out of me, and I'd hate to see Trent go, I think it is a good idea, to see if there is anything we could get for him, at this late stage in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Hasn't anyone been hearing the rumors? N.F.L. Netwoerks' Adam Schefter was reporting the Chiefs as "shopping around" both; Jared Allen and Trent Green. I think that we are going to rest the fate of our offense on the arm of Damon Huard.

While the idea scares the he77 out of me, and I'd hate to see Trent go, I think it is a good idea, to see if there is anything we could get for him, at this late stage in his career.
    Yep; the boards have been buzzing. Where ya been? :)

Smile

This management makes me ill, Trent Green would have taken the team further in the playoffs behind a "decent" o line, it is not a QB problem, it is a O line problem, but the present management are so tunneled visioned that all they can see is the QB, as for Allen, any half decent Management would be able to take care of his "problem", but I think that would be asking to much from this eneffective bunch.

:1374: :character00249: (guess who, grin)
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast