Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tren Green

Default Tren Green

Been wondering for some while now, who'll be the replacement for Trent Green...
    I mean, he's turning 36 now and let's face it, is playing on atleast the second last tune.

You think Huard or Collins can fill his place?

Quote Originally Posted by peekaboo224 View Post
    Hopefully the Chiefs can work out a plan with Green and he will stay at least another year or two before he retires. Basically he has not been injury prone, except last year when he took that hit, and he is still good. Give him some receivers this year that can catch and be the go to guy and we will have a great year.

Welcome to the "Crowd"!

I'm a big Trent Green fan and would love to see him back, but I don't think it will happen.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

he must really want to play. i mean a 6th or 7rnd pick,if you beleive the stories. that would tell me i`m not worth ahole lot. clark should offer him a job in the booth with lenny and mitch. i always like trent but he should retire.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    he must really want to play. i mean a 6th or 7rnd pick,if you beleive the stories. that would tell me i`m not worth ahole lot. clark should offer him a job in the booth with lenny and mitch. i always like trent but he should retire.
    For health reasons I agree, but as far as tallent goes I think he still as one or two good seasons left in him. I think the Chiefs should offer him a position of the coaching staff as QB coach.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i think he would make a great QB but he only knows attack offenses, not the boring, score 3 points and its ok offenses of hermie.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i think he would make a great QB but he only knows attack offenses, not the boring, score 3 points and its ok offenses of hermie.

This is true; Green needs to establish a rhythm in the passing game and hermie-ball doesn't allow for that; on the other hand the only redeeming factor of hermie-ball is it's simplicity which places so much of the weight on the running game that it actually takes the pressure off the QB. Problem is that it is incredibly predictable.

who is collins?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    who is collins?

Todd Collins used to be the back up QB.

Smile

I really like Trent, but I have to agree with Chiefster, he doesn't fit in with hermie ball, and I hate to see him humiliated by making him third string, I think that he will probably be playing for some one else, maybe not, but I don't have a feel for how he fits Herm's need at QB.

:character00269: :character00113: :bananen_smilies096:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    I really like Trent, but I have to agree with Chiefster, he doesn't fit in with hermie ball, and I hate to see him humiliated by making him third string, I think that he will probably be playing for some one else, maybe not, but I don't have a feel for how he fits Herm's need at QB.

:character00269: :character00113: :bananen_smilies096:

I wish Trent the best of luck.

While I don't like my loac-most team, The Chicago Bears, I would like them a whole lot more, if Trent were here. The Bears have a very good O-line. (we all remember John Tait, he starts at LT for them.) In my opinion, they would be able to give Trent the time he needs, in the pocket. And, in return, he would throw the ball where recievers can't miss.

The other team, that I consider a good fit for Trent, is the Minnesota Vikings. They are looking for an accomplished veteran to help groom, second year "quarterback of the future" Tavaris. They, also, have a good O-line. And could use some accurate passing, to help their young, inconsistent recievers.

I would love to see him get a chance to start for a team with the O-line talent, to allow him to function properly.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast