Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Thoughts on Jared Allen Staying

Default My Thoughts on Jared Allen Staying

I just wanted to Post here and Say I know Jared Allen has a bad rap off the field with his Stupid DUI 's . I really hope If he stays he doesnt come on to the field to Boos every game because he wants more money . I think out of everyone on that defense, he was the most productive. Also He played with passion for the game when he was on the field . He probably has a jerkoff agent who is doing most of the speaking on his behalf . Making him look like a schmuck to the Chiefs fans. I think he deserves a pay raise because he brings it to the field every game . His actions on the field warrant the extra cash. Off the Field I would have to say he needs to have a stipulation in his contract that he gets some type of help with his addiction to Alcohol . I call it an addiction because its definately affecting his personal life and his careeer. I really hope we keep him . Somehow I feel more at ease with him in the game . He is definately a huge factor on how well our defense plays . Also I would like to see Tamba Hali have a breakout season this year .... Thanks for listing to my point of view !

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    By the way, have I mentioned how sick and tired I am of players signing contracts and not honoring them. Jared Allen you need to finish your contract and if you have a good season next year, you will get your money. Until then, quit being a baby you pansy ***.

Well said Coach, in fact that says it all, that is exactly what he needs to do, love him or hate him, he still needs to do what he said he would do, play football, and stay out of the tank with dui's.
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    By the way, have I mentioned how sick and tired I am of players signing contracts and not honoring them. Jared Allen you need to finish your contract and if you have a good season next year, you will get your money. Until then, quit being a baby you pansy ***.

Ditto man!

It's just the like movie Jerry McGuire he plays like he should and keeps his past in check and he will be the "show me the money" guy and all will be forgotten. Now will he be chief next year is another question.I think he is going to be around this year and doesn't he had a court order to fill out is DUI convictions in KC?:character00285:
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    I just wanted to Post here and Say I know Jared Allen has a bad rap off the field with his Stupid DUI 's . I really hope If he stays he doesnt come on to the field to Boos every game because he wants more money . I think out of everyone on that defense, he was the most productive. Also He played with passion for the game when he was on the field . He probably has a jerkoff agent who is doing most of the speaking on his behalf . Making him look like a schmuck to the Chiefs fans. I think he deserves a pay raise because he brings it to the field every game . His actions on the field warrant the extra cash. Off the Field I would have to say he needs to have a stipulation in his contract that he gets some type of help with his addiction to Alcohol . I call it an addiction because its definately affecting his personal life and his careeer. I really hope we keep him . Somehow I feel more at ease with him in the game . He is definately a huge factor on how well our defense plays . Also I would like to see Tamba Hali have a breakout season this year .... Thanks for listing to my point of view !
    My biggest concern with Allen is his lack of discipline and maturity shown off the field. That same lack of maturity and disrespect for his own talent and God given abilities is alarming. Could these same character issues surface on the field in a game changing situation? It's a shame all around. GM Carl Peterson and the Chiefs would love nothing more than to reward Jared for his outstanding play but simply cannot at this point in time. Today's NFL Superstars are roll models whether they want to be or not-they carry the city's banner and are a reflection of that community's work ethics and at times, moral standards.

Trading DE Jared Allen maybe a difficult pill to stomach, but it might just be the direction of change required by new owner, Clark Hunt. If this should be the case, there will be takers willing and able to provide draft picks as compensation for Allen. Whether or not a 1st and a 3rd will materialize, well that is a matter best left with Carl Peterson.

Allen would be pushing for more money, because he was still under his rookie contract. Low figures there. I agree, that when you sign a contract, you should honor it. However, it has become commonplace, in the league, to threaten sitting out, when you are exceding expectations.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Allen sitting out games becuase of money on top of his 4 gamer will do him no good. sometimes the players are just stupid. all their crying usually dosnt work. the problem is the agents filling their heads with this B.S. that they are the best players ever to play ball.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Allen should play out his and the Chief roll the dice on him and see where he is on the open market or franchise him. If he has been caught with two dui's
    he has driven drunk atleast 50 or more times without getting nailed.He rolls the dice every other Friday Night.
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    My biggest concern with Allen is his lack of discipline and maturity shown off the field. That same lack of maturity and disrespect for his own talent and God given abilities is alarming. Could these same character issues surface on the field in a game changing situation? It's a shame all around. GM Carl Peterson and the Chiefs would love nothing more than to reward Jared for his outstanding play but simply cannot at this point in time. Today's NFL Superstars are roll models whether they want to be or not-they carry the city's banner and are a reflection of that community's work ethics and at times, moral standards.

Trading DE Jared Allen maybe a difficult pill to stomach, but it might just be the direction of change required by new owner, Clark Hunt. If this should be the case, there will be takers willing and able to provide draft picks as compensation for Allen. Whether or not a 1st and a 3rd will materialize, well that is a matter best left with Carl Peterson.

This is a concern shared by most here; good post and welcome aboard the "Crowd" Cisco Kid!! Make yourself at home! :)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Allen would be pushing for more money, because he was still under his rookie contract. Low figures there. I agree, that when you sign a contract, you should honor it. However, it has become commonplace, in the league, to threaten sitting out, when you are exceding expectations.
    Agreed, and believe that a "commonplace" trend reversal is in order.

Hopefully Jared will become alot more disciplined this year, I mean wouldn't be great if he could learn to control the outside and not let the bootleg kill us!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast