Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Thoughts on Jared Allen Staying

Default My Thoughts on Jared Allen Staying

I just wanted to Post here and Say I know Jared Allen has a bad rap off the field with his Stupid DUI 's . I really hope If he stays he doesnt come on to the field to Boos every game because he wants more money . I think out of everyone on that defense, he was the most productive. Also He played with passion for the game when he was on the field . He probably has a jerkoff agent who is doing most of the speaking on his behalf . Making him look like a schmuck to the Chiefs fans. I think he deserves a pay raise because he brings it to the field every game . His actions on the field warrant the extra cash. Off the Field I would have to say he needs to have a stipulation in his contract that he gets some type of help with his addiction to Alcohol . I call it an addiction because its definately affecting his personal life and his careeer. I really hope we keep him . Somehow I feel more at ease with him in the game . He is definately a huge factor on how well our defense plays . Also I would like to see Tamba Hali have a breakout season this year .... Thanks for listing to my point of view !

Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    I'm in a union myself so I can see where disputes develop over money,bennies or whatever, but when we agree to a contract you have no choice on what else you want until that contract is fufilled and good luck getting it then. But I dont make millions of $ either so it seems selfish to me to holdout, now I understand that a players career could be over at any minute and I agree that they should be compensated fairly but in doing so you better straighten up and fly right. I mean polease,
    you make MILLIONS, HIRE A DAMN DRIVER. There is no excuse for that.I like Allen, he's got potential to be one of the greats I just hope he keeps his nose clean.Just my humble opinion.
    Amen to that. Or why doesn't every NFL team have 5 - 10 cab drivers on weekend-retainer 52 weeks a year? It should cost less than $75,000 a year. Put a clause in your players contracts that states: You get a DUI in our city, you get a one game fine. The bigger player you are, the bigger it hurts. $75,000 a year is nothing when you are talking payroll of $100 million plus a year.

Everyone wins...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    Amen to that. Or why doesn't every NFL team have 5 - 10 cab drivers on weekend-retainer 52 weeks a year? It should cost less than $75,000 a year. Put a clause in your players contracts that states: You get a DUI during the term of your contract, you get a one game fine. The bigger player you are, the bigger it hurts. $75,000 a year is nothing when you are talking payroll of $100 million plus a year.

Everyone wins...
    I fixed your reply
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Just thought I would revive this post I started back in August ( I think ) . I feel very strongly that he is the backbone of our Defense and is making his statements on the field and not off. Bravo Jared ! Your doing great man , KEEP IT UP !

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Just thought I would revive this post I started back in August ( I think ) . I feel very strongly that he is the backbone of our Defense and is making his statements on the field and not off. Bravo Jared ! Your doing great man , KEEP IT UP !
    Yeah we would have been 4-0 right now if he would have hired a driver!!!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by YZILLA View Post
    Agreed. Jared is a beast and a wrecking machine.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I dont see in any way how KC could or would let him go.. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I dont see in any way how KC could or would let him go.. IMO
    I certainly hope not. We need that guy. He brings a new level of intensity to the whole defense.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

I doubt he was sh*t faced drunk when he was pulled over. How many times have some of you (no one in particular, but myself included) gone out for dinner and had a few beers, or glasses of wine and possibly gone over the 0.08 limit. It really dosen't take much. I can be over the legal limit and not even notice. I don't know the circumstances around his particular DUI outside of the fact that he got a couple. But I do not judge as we all make mistakes. Remember that these guys are millionaires in their early 20's. I hate to think what I would have been like. I was an idiot and I was makin minimum wage. Jared kicks ***!!! Keep him on the team, if he has a drinking problem then he should get help and it should be offered to him. But the man is a beast and we should keep him!! It would be a HUGE mistake to let him go!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post

Jared is awsome but to say our 2 losses are because of him being out is ridiculous! They were team losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I doubt he was sh*t faced drunk when he was pulled over. How many times have some of you (no one in particular, but myself included) gone out for dinner and had a few beers, or glasses of wine and possibly gone over the 0.08 limit. It really dosen't take much. I can be over the legal limit and not even notice. I don't know the circumstances around his particular DUI outside of the fact that he got a couple. But I do not judge as we all make mistakes. Remember that these guys are millionaires in their early 20's. I hate to think what I would have been like. I was an idiot and I was makin minimum wage. Jared kicks ***!!! Keep him on the team, if he has a drinking problem then he should get help and it should be offered to him. But the man is a beast and we should keep him!! It would be a HUGE mistake to let him go!!
    He was out at a bar that I used to frequent in Kansas.

He has since stated (on Hard Knocks, and in interviews) that he is glad those things happened to him because it really opened his eyes to what he could accomplish with out the beer!

And I think it has shown this year since he has stopped drinking!

The point about him being a millionaire in his twenties makes my point more valid!

If anyone can afford a driver it is those millionaires!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast