Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knight and Turley released

Default Knight and Turley released

S Sammy Knight and OT Kyle Turley have been released by the Chiefs.

The Sammy Knight release is a bit of a surprise. While I will be pleased to see Pollard starting, next season, I certainly wasn't expecting to see them give Sammy the axe.

Turley, on the other hand, comes as no surprise. While he had, once, been an animal, on the Saints' and Rams' offensive lines, he was aweful with the Chiefs, after returning from a severe back injury.

I think this puts a little bit more emphasis on the need for an OT through the, upcoming draft. With the acquisition of OT Damion Macintosh, i think the Chiefs believe they have filled an immediate need. Clearly, though, there is still a shortage of long term talent. Kevin Sampson is the only other true T on the roster. I hope this means that the Chiefs will be drafting some O-line help, on the first day of the draft.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

a cripple and a nursing home reject. turly was as usful as sims and knight is to old. maybe they willbe able to trade wesley also. let pollard and paige play!
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

The release or Turley was inevitible. Good riddens.

Fella's,

Every day or two it happens. Do you feel it? Another wind of change blows through Arrowhead. This defense was decent last year. But it has gotten younger and better without adding any ego's to the mix. If the other DT signs from the Bears, I hate to say it, but we might be good. As for Turley, he tried, just too old. As for Knight, it's not out of the question he'll be back. Herm loves the db's. I bet he'd take him back at a lighter price. He would be a nice backup after having played in the system. He might start somewhere else if the price comes down, but Herm has his young studs out there now. Last year was throw away - Green hurt, Herm's first year. He now knows the team & coaches. I think this is the first year of the Herm era. Offense will be more open with new faces. Defense will be young and flying around. I'm excited!
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    The release or Turley was inevitible. Good riddens.
    You said it coach, using a cheer leader would have been more sucessful. at least the whole side of the line would have been over there trying to block her, hey that is a brainstorm, put a cheerleader on each side of the line, just think what a hole there would be up the middle, (grin).

:bananen_smilies032: :bananen_smilies032:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

We tried having a cheerleader on the line. I-65(aka Jordan Black). It didn't work.

Smile

Aw, Cmon Coach, Black couldn't even make it as a cheerleader, He refused to wear the short skirt! (grin)

:character00247: I have a Plan!! :sign0095:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    Fella's,

Every day or two it happens. Do you feel it? Another wind of change blows through Arrowhead. This defense was decent last year. But it has gotten younger and better without adding any ego's to the mix. If the other DT signs from the Bears, I hate to say it, but we might be good. As for Turley, he tried, just too old. As for Knight, it's not out of the question he'll be back. Herm loves the db's. I bet he'd take him back at a lighter price. He would be a nice backup after having played in the system. He might start somewhere else if the price comes down, but Herm has his young studs out there now. Last year was throw away - Green hurt, Herm's first year. He now knows the team & coaches. I think this is the first year of the Herm era. Offense will be more open with new faces. Defense will be young and flying around. I'm excited!

With Hermie-ball? This, I will have to see to believe.

Everything and everyone else here I agree with.

Smile

(grin) (here we go again) It could happen!! (grin)

:sign0006: :violent-smiley-032: :AAA: :bananen_smilies070:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    Fella's,

I do think our D will be much improved. I worry about our offense a little though. Wow, it's been a while since that thought crossed my mind. Are we back to the 90's Chiefs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast