Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GMC Defensie Player of the year

Default GMC Defensie Player of the year

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Most of those other guys belong on the list...but KERNEY...seriously. He wasn't the best defensive player on his own team. That would go to either Tatupu, or Peterson.
    I'm not saying he should have won but did you see Kearney play at all this year? He was a monster. 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks!!!! Definetly deserved some votes.
    Last edited by DrunkHillbilly; 01-22-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm not saying he should have won but did you see Kearney play at all this year? He was a monster. 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks!!!! Definetly deserved some votes.
    Ummm...Jared Allen had 56 tackles and 15.5 sacks...

As for the other guys, no way can Bob Sanders not be on the list. He single handedly changes the Indy defense. In fact I'd argue he should be the winner.

Cromartie led the leage in INTs and is a very impressive up and coming player, Vrabel is the best player on the NE defense, and had some monster games getting sacks, forced fumbles, and yeah he doubles as a TE...oh wait so does Allen.

Finally, Mario Williams, he had very similar numbers to Allen as a 2nd year player, and doesn't have anyone to take the heat off him, but much like Kerney he isn't even the best defender on his own team. Check DeMeco Ryans.

I'd argue the voting should be in this order

1) Bob Sander (winner)
    2) Mike Vrabel
    3) Jared Allen (wasn't nominated, but should've been)
    4) Antonio Cromartie
    5) Nick Barnett (wasn't nominated, but best defender on one of the best defenses...)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Ummm...Jared Allen had 56 tackles and 15.5 sacks...

As for the other guys, no way can Bob Sanders not be on the list. He single handedly changes the Indy defense. In fact I'd argue he should be the winner.

Cromartie led the leage in INTs and is a very impressive up and coming player, Vrabel is the best player on the NE defense, and had some monster games getting sacks, forced fumbles, and yeah he doubles as a TE...oh wait so does Allen.

Finally, Mario Williams, he had very similar numbers to Allen as a 2nd year player, and doesn't have anyone to take the heat off him, but much like Kerney he isn't even the best defender on his own team. Check DeMeco Ryans.

I'd argue the voting should be in this order

1) Bob Sander (winner)
    2) Mike Vrabel
    3) Jared Allen (wasn't nominated, but should've been)
    4) Antonio Cromartie
    5) Nick Barnett (wasn't nominated, but best defender on one of the best defenses...)
    Ummmmmmm, did you read my post? I said I didn't say he should have won but deserved votes!!! Besides, you make it sound like Allen dwarfs him in the season he had! 1 sack and 6 tackles more??? Sounds like the same season to me. I don't care either way about Kearney but if your going to critisize about Allen not getting the nod, you better include Kearney in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Ummmmmmm, did you read my post? I said I didn't say he should have won but deserved votes!!! Besides, you make it sound like Allen dwarfs him in the season he had! 1 sack and 6 tackles more??? Sounds like the same season to me. I don't care either way about Kearney but if your going to critisize about Allen not getting the nod, you better include Kearney in the same sentence.
    Kerney did get the nod, Allen did not.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Jared also played in 14 games. Did Kerney start all 16?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    His post was talking about being on the list. Not sure what list this is but what I am saying is that I think they both had similar seasons so they should both be spoke of in the same breath. Don't think either one should have won the award though.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I would guess yes. I might have a bit of an advantage over some being as I am in Az and the Seahawks are in the Cards division so I saw all of Allens games as well as most of Kearney's. They both had outstanding seasons on all accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    As far as the statistics are concerned, if you were to pro-rate Allens numbers to a sixteen game season, Allen would have 64 tackles, and 16.5 sacks, which gives a decisive advantage to Allen, over Kerneys 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks.

But that is only by the statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As far as the statistics are concerned, if you were to pro-rate Allens numbers to a sixteen game season, Allen would have 64 tackles, and 16.5 sacks, which gives a decisive advantage to Allen, over Kerneys 50 tackles and 14.5 sacks.

But that is only by the statistics.
    Do you know who actually does the nominating for defensive player of the year? Is it the other players, fans, coaches or whatever?
    "If you need braggin' on, let someone else do it"-my dad

Quote Originally Posted by prough91 View Post
    Do you know who actually does the nominating for defensive player of the year? Is it the other players, fans, coaches or whatever?
    According to the page that has the voting, the NFL made the decision. I am not sure if that would include players, coaches, or what.

They are supposed to take the DPOTW awards that fans oted on into account.

That's all I know aout it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast