Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schaub over Carr?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Default Schaub over Carr?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF are the Houston Texans thinking?!?!?!?!?!

They traded away two second round draft pickS, and dropped themselves two places, from eighth to tenth, in the first round. They did this to pick up a backup quarterback, Matt Schaub. (who they will, likely, start)

The baffling part of this transaction is the fact that David Carr was their starter last season. He led the N.F.L. in completion percentage, by three full percentage points. He threw only twelve interceptions.

Here is a list of quarterbacks who had, at least as many.

Tom Brady 12 No comment
    Carson Palmer 13 Stud quarterback
    Michael Vick 13 N.F.L. golden child, and starter ahead of Matt Schaub
    Tony Romo 13 Half season, and pro-bowl
    Matt Hasselbeck 15 playoffs
    Chad Pennington 16 Playoffs

There are a whole lot of others, I could have added to this list. A list of guys who threw fewer would have been alot easier. In fact......Starters for the entire season.....

Marc Bulger 8
    Peyton Manning 9
    Phillip Rivers 9
    Drew Brees 11

PERIOD!

All of this after being the most sacked quarterback in the N.F.L., the previous season. Meaning, he he was a very good quarterback without the benefit of a good O-line.

THE HOUSTON TEXANS ARE S....T....U.....P.....I.....D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree. i dont understand why the texans would go with a QB that has only started 2 nfl games, he has played in more games than that of course but his career QB rating 69.2! i hope he enjoys the turf at relient stadium because he will be laying on it quit often!

Releasing Carr was stupid. And it does muddy the waters for trent green. No way does Carr come to KC though.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Releasing Carr was stupid. And it does muddy the waters for trent green. No way does Carr come to KC though.
    Yes I agree, I don't think we will see Carr in a Chief Uniform, we will have to see how it may affect Trent.

:character00247: Duh, I don't need a car, I just bought one!

Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    chiefs are not going after any young QB. Brodie will be the starter, if not by the end of '07, then by opening day of '08. The only way it doesn't happen is if Huard gets that elusive win in the playoffs next year.

Not to be disagreeable, but I think this statement assumes a great deal. If Huard has a good season then Croyle continues to warm the bench, but agree that all Huard has to do is have one off season and it's :sign0097: .

Smile

Yes, all it takes is getting hit hard, and suffering a concussion, a situation that could happen to anyone at anytime with our present o line.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :shootingsoldier:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Yes, all it takes is getting hit hard, and suffering a concussion, a situation that could happen to anyone at anytime with our present o line.

:bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :bananen_smilies091: :shootingsoldier:

Yuppers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12