Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Draft

Default Chiefs Draft

This is how I think the Chiefs should use their draft selesctions assuming they do not gain or lose any picks

Round 1 #23- WR
    Dwayne Bowe from LSU would be a perfect fit for the Chiefs and he will probably fall right into the Chiefs' lap at #23.
    Possible others could be Ted Ginn Jr (Ohio State), Robert Meachem (Tennessee), Dwayne Jarrett (USC).

Round 2 #23- OT
    Tony Ugoh from Arkansas could fall to this spot, if not Ryan Harris (Notre Dame). I think the Chiefs hsould get a DT at this spot but there is not a late-second round talent to take at this pick.
    Possible others could be Doug Free (Northern Illinois), Joe Staley (Central Michigan)

Round 3 #23- DT
    There will probably be good third round DT's availible, so the Chiefs should take someone like Turk McBride from Tennessee.
    Others could be Marcus Thomas (Florida) or Ryan McBean (Oklahoma)

Round 4 #23- Chiefs don't have a pick

Round 5 #23- CB
    At this spot we take a corner. Travarious Bain from Hampton might not be there, but if he is this will be an amazing pick for the Chiefs.
    Others could be John Talley (Duke), C.J. Gaddis (Clemson) or Tarell Brown (Texas)

Round 6 #23- FB or CB
    We need a Fullback. It depends who is there or else we will snag another corner. If 1. Le'Ron McClain (Alabama), 2. Cory Snelling (Tennessee), 3. Jason Snelling (Virginia) or 4. Deon Anderson (UConn) is there at this pick, I say grab the best one that is left. If none of them are, the Chiefs should take a corner like Willie Gaston (Houston)

Round 7 #23- CB or QB
    If we got a corner in round 6, take a QB. If we took a Fullback, take a corner. If we are going after a Quarterback, we should take Zac Taylor (Nebraska). Other Quarterbacks could be James Pinkney (East Carolina), Matt Moore (Oregon State) or Luke Getsy (Akron). If we were to take a corner, I say we should take Ryan Smith (Florida) or Michael Coe (Alabama State)

Smile

I'm not sure what is in upper managements mind, but I do know that Hermie wants to bring youth into this team, which is needed, i have no quarrel with that process, as long as quality veterans are there to be examples and leaders. You prognosis is as good as the others I have seen on the board, good job.

:character00269: :character00113: :bananen_smilies096:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    I'm not sure what is in upper managements mind, but I do know that Hermie wants to bring youth into this team, which is needed, i have no quarrel with that process, as long as quality veterans are there to be examples and leaders. You prognosis is as good as the others I have seen on the board, good job.

:character00269: :character00113: :bananen_smilies096:
    Ditto! :)

i've gotta tell ya, i don't think you'll see k.c. take on offensive player unless it's on O-Lineman. . . and you'll only see that if levi brown, joe thomas, or maybe justin blalock fall to them. don't be suprised to see them take a DE, DT, or CB in the first round. i think they see Webb as their upgrade at WR. while everyone sees the chiefs offense as needing a verticle threat to stretch the field, really, a WR in this offense is useless. why waste the pick?

look for the chiefs to get younger on the defensive line, offensive line, or cornerback with their first 2 if not 3 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    i've gotta tell ya, i don't think you'll see k.c. take on offensive player unless it's on O-Lineman. . . and you'll only see that if levi brown, joe thomas, or maybe justin blalock fall to them. don't be suprised to see them take a DE, DT, or CB in the first round. i think they see Webb as their upgrade at WR. while everyone sees the chiefs offense as needing a verticle threat to stretch the field, really, a WR in this offense is useless. why waste the pick?

look for the chiefs to get younger on the defensive line, offensive line, or cornerback with their first 2 if not 3 picks.

We'll need a good WR for those many third and longs we'll have.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    We'll need a good WR for those many third and longs we'll have.
    you know, they've said that for the last couple years. i honestly don't think you'll them take a wr. herm loves defense too much. in his eyes, webb and gonzalez are the only recievers he'll need. plus, we'll still have parker and kennison. i just don't think it's as big of a deal to the management as it is to the pundits on ESPN and the NFL network. like i said, you don't need a RANDY MOSS or T.O. in this offense. would it be nice to have one? sure. just don't count on it.

you know, they've said that for the last couple years. i honestly don't think you'll them take a wr. herm loves defense too much. in his eyes, webb and gonzalez are the only recievers he'll need. plus, we'll still have parker and kennison. i just don't think it's as big of a deal to the management as it is to the pundits on ESPN and the NFL network. like i said, you don't need a RANDY MOSS or T.O. in this offense. would it be nice to have one? sure. just don't count on it.

Yeah I totally agree especially given the bland offense Herm wants to run. My reply was mere commentary of my total disdain for Hermie-ball.

I hate to say this, but I don't see an offensive lineman being picked on the first day. They need to, but I am certain that they believe, all of their O-line problems were solved, when they signed a sub-par T from the Dolphins. I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me, that is where they sit.

Also, I don't want any of those high-risk type recievers that will be left over when we draft at 23rd. I see one or two of them being available in the second round. I say, hope for Anthony Gonzales or Steve Smith to fall that far. Since that is the only offensive position I see the Chiefs drafting on the first day.

I realize that the Chiefs have a history of skipping recievers in the first round, but I think Herms lack of offensive vision will force him to go that route, just so he isn't accused of ignoring that side of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I hate to say this, but I don't see an offensive lineman being picked on the first day. They need to, but I am certain that they believe, all of their O-line problems were solved, when they signed a sub-par T from the Dolphins. I hope I'm wrong, but something tells me, that is where they sit.

Also, I don't want any of those high-risk type recievers that will be left over when we draft at 23rd. I see one or two of them being available in the second round. I say, hope for Anthony Gonzales or Steve Smith to fall that far. Since that is the only offensive position I see the Chiefs drafting on the first day.

I realize that the Chiefs have a history of skipping recievers in the first round, but I think Herms lack of offensive vision will force him to go that route, just so he isn't accused of ignoring that side of the ball.

Agreed, but a bit late for that.

Perhaps I should have phrased that " In an attempt to simmer complaints of his ignoring that side of the ball" Which will not work for me, anyways.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast