Thread: Priest Holmes still a Chief?

Default Priest Holmes still a Chief?

I see Priest Holmes is still on the roster of the Kansas City Chiefs. But he, of course, announced his retirement after his brief comeback during the middle of last season. But since he is still on the roster, does that mean there is an ever so slight chance he may play again?

Well, of course even if he wasn't on the roster anymore he could still always come out of retirement if he and the Chiefs agreed. But just wondering if Priest still technically being a Chief means playing again is a slightly higher possibility than if he wasn't on the list at all. Either way, I bet it is very improbable, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    I see Priest Holmes is still on the roster of the Kansas City Chiefs. But he, of course, announced his retirement after his brief comeback during the middle of last season. But since he is still on the roster, does that mean there is an ever so slight chance he may play again?

Well, of course even if he wasn't on the roster anymore he could still always come out of retirement if he and the Chiefs agreed. But just wondering if Priest still technically being a Chief means playing again is a slightly higher possibility than if he wasn't on the list at all. Either way, I bet it is very improbable, sadly.
    I would place that possibility at well under 1%.

As much as I hate to say it, Priest is probably done man. I don't expect to see him back. I wish him and his family the best and hope he has a happy retirement. I'll never forget Priest and will always enjoy watching highlights of him running the ball for the Chiefs. #31 4eva!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Loved the way he set up the blocking for linemen!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would place that possibility at well under 1%.
    What do you know?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    What do you know?
    I heard Priest say he was done. That's enough for me.

Priest came in to the Best Buy where my bro works and my bro got to talk to him the day after he announced his retirement. Priest told my bro that his body just couldn't take the punishment anymore and he has to think about his future with his family.

I wish Trent would do the same thing...
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

I know it's over for the guy, and I hope he will remain a Chief in some capacity.

Carl and the Hunts have talked about a place for Green in the organization after he retires, so those two are a possibility.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post

No chance at all whatsoever; I would say that they probably haven't bothered updated their web site.