Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green to Dolphins trade

Default Green to Dolphins trade

OK. It's pretty clear the Dolphins want Trent Green. It's also pretty clear Trent Green wants to go to the Dolphins. What do you guys expect that we'll get in the trade?
    :character00101:

I have to say, that I don't expect much. Probably, nothing higher than a fifth round selection. The Dolphins realize that the Chiefs want to part with Green, on friendly terms. As does the entire N.F.L. Therefore, there is no need to offer a whole lot, for him. Few teams have a legitimate interest, anyway. being a three party deal, (Green having a say, in where he goes) Drops our leverage, too. So, I look for a sixth round draft pick, in compensation.

I think we could get a 5th round pick for Trent

Do you think there any chance that we get a player instead of a draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Do you think there any chance that we get a player instead of a draft pick?
    I think we could get a player and a 4th pick. Trent still has a couple of good years left. People seem to forget that he was one of the top 2 or 3 QB's for the last 3 or 4 years. Until Herm came along. I think he will do good in the right system. I hope we don't regret letting him leave like we did with Gannon!!!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

they keep talking a 6th or 7th. if we get higher than a 6th this year i think we willbe lucky. maybe real lucky if we get a 5th, but cant see any higher. but stanger things have happened.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

If all we get is a 5th, I'd prefer to find a way to keep him.

Schuab was worth a second and a fifth? Trent Green isn't as young, but he brings a few more starts than 2. He is a fit in Miami and can help a young QB grow. He'll be there, and it will be for more than a 5th (isn't that what TB gave up for Plummer - just at a chance he would come).

Trent should bring a 3rd round. Hopefully he'll be successful there.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i really like trent but he`s nursing home age in the nfl. he`s beat up,the fhins line isnt top of the line and he has the rest of the offense tring to learn the new system. 5th round if we are lucky this year.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Maybe the trade value is rising. I heard that a few other teams were starting to show interest. Maybe they were hearing about what the tender for Green was, and decided that they could afford a little bit more than that. I'm hopin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast