Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: time for allen to go...

Default time for allen to go...

for real guys, Allen is now saying he won't be at offseason workouts. he doesn't plan on signing the one year contract until just before training camp. which also means he'll miss the mandatory workout in june. so, lets start the wish list for a trade for Allen. apparently, the guy wants a ginormous contract. i read somewhere that he's looking for Manning money. first, he's a defensive player, so he wont get offensive money...second, he's not THAT good of a defensive end. if we were talking about Freeney, Merriman, or Peppers, then i'd say hell yeah, give 'em the money.... But Jarred Allen???!! really now...

so, i would like a first rd pick, or 2 2nds or a combo of 1 2nd and 2 3rds.
    hell, i'd even take a player swap. maybe for a reciever...Moss maybe T.O.? nevermind... lets not open that bag of worms. but seriously, maybe a good WR or young CB that way we fulfill one of our draft needs and we could replace Allen in the draft.

we don't need this cancer on a young team. if he gets what he wants, they'll all start doing it. cut the cancer out now before it spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    EXACTLY!! Now you want to put a whole lot of money into someone who can't stay sober in the offseason? Two springs straight, this guy has done something stupid. I'm still waiting for the hat to drop THIS offseason.
    I can only assume you have never screwed up, so you wouldn't believe someone who has before can actually change their behavior.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Almost the same exact song a year later.....great. Is this JA saga ever going to end? I wonder if we'll have this same problem next year after we "franchise" his overrated *** again.
    Way to stick with your story, even when you have been humiliated by it.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Way to stick with your story, even when you have been humiliated by it.
    really? humiliated? uh, no. He's still a cancer on this team that's only going to get worse. How many times does he have to eff up for you to understand this?

I'm all for giving a guy a second chance, but when he's given a THIRD chance, then ****s on the team that gave him that chance because he thinks he isn't getting paid enough and also doesn't try to understand that his past behavior is going to cut into his next contract, then i've got no use for this guy.

I'd say the only person who should be humiliated is the guy who's been caught breaking the law, then *****ing about not getting paid enough to PLAY A GAME.

I STILL don't want him here....obviously.

really? humiliated? uh, no. He's still a cancer on this team that's only going to get worse. How many times does he have to eff up for you to understand this?

I'm all for giving a guy a second chance, but when he's given a THIRD chance, then ****s on the team that gave him that chance because he thinks he isn't getting paid enough and also doesn't try to understand that his past behavior is going to cut into his next contract, then i've got no use for this guy.

I'd say the only person who should be humiliated is the guy who's been caught breaking the law, then *****ing about not getting paid enough to PLAY A GAME.

I STILL don't want him here....obviously.
    I understand what you're saying about chances given.

My issue with this statement is what I have made bold above.

This is not a game, it's a business.

Players have to do more than just run on the field Sundays.

This is a multi-billion dollar industry that the players are a part of.

You are insulting the players value in that industry.

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You're telling me that ANY player in the league is worth what they're getting paid in real life?

I know plenty of people who have worked or work harder than NFL players do and for a MUCH MUCH longer period of time.

The guy needs a reality check.

You're telling me that ANY player in the league is worth what they're getting paid in real life?

I know plenty of people who have worked or work harder than NFL players do and for a MUCH MUCH longer period of time.

I'm telling you that the NFL IS real life.

for real guys, Allen is now saying he won't be at offseason workouts. he doesn't plan on signing the one year contract until just before training camp. which also means he'll miss the mandatory workout in june. so, lets start the wish list for a trade for Allen. apparently, the guy wants a ginormous contract. i read somewhere that he's looking for Manning money. first, he's a defensive player, so he wont get offensive money...second, he's not THAT good of a defensive end. if we were talking about Freeney, Merriman, or Peppers, then i'd say hell yeah, give 'em the money.... But Jarred Allen???!! really now...

so, i would like a first rd pick, or 2 2nds or a combo of 1 2nd and 2 3rds.
    hell, i'd even take a player swap. maybe for a reciever...Moss maybe T.O.? nevermind... lets not open that bag of worms. but seriously, maybe a good WR or young CB that way we fulfill one of our draft needs and we could replace Allen in the draft.

we don't need this cancer on a young team. if he gets what he wants, they'll all start doing it. cut the cancer out now before it spreads.

After researching the guy a bit more, I would have done the Lito Shepard plus a draft pic swap....

Everyone who goes to a game, buts a jersey or pays for NFL Network agrees that these guys are worth what they are getting paid. People at McDonalds work harder than I do, but I get paid more. How hard you work has nothing to do with how much money you make.

I think you might want to get a quick reality check yourself.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Everyone who goes to a game, buts a jersey or pays for NFL Network agrees that these guys are worth what they are getting paid. People at McDonalds work harder than I do, but I get paid more. How hard you work has nothing to do with how much money you make.

I think you might want to get a quick reality check yourself.
    Nicely stated!

Rep.

(As if you needed it rep whore!)

i think i would rather have allen than johnson. allen will do what it takes to win and he is a better teamate. johnson got his big dollars and quit trying. he does not care about his teamates. allen on the other had has no problem playing goaline offense or on special teams they sould get rid of there long snapper and let him eearn that extra money in other ways than a DE. he is willing to do things that the top of the line DEs wont he wants to win and i dont blame him at all for wanting more money.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast