Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: time for allen to go...

Default time for allen to go...

for real guys, Allen is now saying he won't be at offseason workouts. he doesn't plan on signing the one year contract until just before training camp. which also means he'll miss the mandatory workout in june. so, lets start the wish list for a trade for Allen. apparently, the guy wants a ginormous contract. i read somewhere that he's looking for Manning money. first, he's a defensive player, so he wont get offensive money...second, he's not THAT good of a defensive end. if we were talking about Freeney, Merriman, or Peppers, then i'd say hell yeah, give 'em the money.... But Jarred Allen???!! really now...

so, i would like a first rd pick, or 2 2nds or a combo of 1 2nd and 2 3rds.
    hell, i'd even take a player swap. maybe for a reciever...Moss maybe T.O.? nevermind... lets not open that bag of worms. but seriously, maybe a good WR or young CB that way we fulfill one of our draft needs and we could replace Allen in the draft.

we don't need this cancer on a young team. if he gets what he wants, they'll all start doing it. cut the cancer out now before it spreads.

I'd hate to see our best d-lineman leave, but I certainly don't think he is worth top tier money.

Speculation about what players demands are, are generally exaggerated. The one fact that I have heard, in regards to the dispute between Allen and the Chiefs, is that (last I heard) The Chiefs have not made any offer.

The thing I like most, about Allen, is that he is a football player. He does everything he can (on the field) to help the team succeed. He chases running plays from behind, he always gets his hands in the air, when the ball is thrown. He does the kind of things,on every down, that alot of players never do. He puts fourth a "top-tier" effort. He is willing to scratch and claw his way to the football.

Here......he is a better defensive end than Freeney. Freeney is nothing more than a pass-rusher. Jared Allen is a complete player. (again, on the field)

The Chiefs won't be giving him a big contract, because we have to give his money, Sammy Knights money, Kyle Turleys money and a whole lot more, to Larry " I'm gonna cry, no matter how much I get the ball" Johnson.

The salary cap has been raised by, I think, about 35%. We are slashing salaries, so we can give the world to the baby. So, it's O.K. to listen to L.J. pout and whine, but real football players just need to shut up and accept that the real "cancer" is going to get their money.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i use to like this guy but everytime he or his agent open their collective mouths i like him less. a TO in the making. he wont get the money he wants. i think he just wants to pi$$ off the queen. trouble is it seems its backfiring and only turning the fans against him.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Speculation about what players demands are, are generally exaggerated. The one fact that I have heard, in regards to the dispute between Allen and the Chiefs, is that (last I heard) The Chiefs have not made any offer.

The thing I like most, about Allen, is that he is a football player. He does everything he can (on the field) to help the team succeed. He chases running plays from behind, he always gets his hands in the air, when the ball is thrown. He does the kind of things,on every down, that alot of players never do. He puts fourth a "top-tier" effort. He is willing to scratch and claw his way to the football.

Here......he is a better defensive end than Freeney. Freeney is nothing more than a pass-rusher. Jared Allen is a complete player. (again, on the field)

The Chiefs won't be giving him a big contract, because we have to give his money, Sammy Knights money, Kyle Turleys money and a whole lot more, to Larry " I'm gonna cry, no matter how much I get the ball" Johnson.

The salary cap has been raised by, I think, about 35%. We are slashing salaries, so we can give the world to the baby. So, it's O.K. to listen to L.J. pout and whine, but real football players just need to shut up and accept that the real "cancer" is going to get their money.

Exactly, this is how I have always felt about LJ. He is a very tallented RB who needs to quit whining.

The only real problem I have with Allen is that he needs to either attend AA or get a driver.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i use to like this guy but everytime he or his agent open their collective mouths i like him less. a TO in the making. he wont get the money he wants. i think he just wants to pi$$ off the queen. trouble is it seems its backfiring and only turning the fans against him.
    I agree, and fear that before long he will be nothing more then a highly paid distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I agree, and fear that before long he will be nothing more then a highly paid distraction.
    Well, if he becomes "highly paid", then I believe he will become a much happier guy. If he stays a "distraction", during the season, then he probably, won't be too highly paid.

I hope for the first scenario.

My only concern is what they can do on the field. I don't care what any player is doing on tuesday night and I also don't care what they say in interviews or talk shows as long as it does not affect the team or any other players. If u were Allen wouldn't you want to get paid more? I know I would. We all want to be highly paid and if we aren't we go to work anyway. And so what if LJ whines to get the ball...give it to him. I may not like all the players and I may not like some of the stuff they say off the field but if they are gonna get the job done on Sundays then I say let them do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    My only concern is what they can do on the field. I don't care what any player is doing on tuesday night and I also don't care what they say in interviews or talk shows as long as it does not affect the team or any other players. If u were Allen wouldn't you want to get paid more? I know I would. We all want to be highly paid and if we aren't we go to work anyway. And so what if LJ whines to get the ball...give it to him. I may not like all the players and I may not like some of the stuff they say off the field but if they are gonna get the job done on Sundays then I say let them do their thing.
    Agreed, but Allen's off the field antics have now caused him to be suspended next year. That crosses the line. And LJ's antics, affect the lockerroom chemistry.
    :bananen_smilies035: :woody7:

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I do agree with this statement, for the most part. However, in the Jared Allen case, what he did off the field, has caused him to be missing for four games, this coming season. So, it is understandable to be judgemental. Also, in the L.J. case, he made a racist remark. Something to the effect of...." I could never have that kind of understanding, with a white coach." He has attacked Dick Vermiel, wich isn't a popular decision, with many of his teammates.

Sometimes, "off the field" behavior has an impact "on the field".

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast