Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carriker

Default Adam Carriker

I think that if adam carriker falls down as far as people expect him to which is around the late teens area, i think we gotta trade up for him, jared allen and a draft pick would probably do it. Carriker is an absolute monster that could really help out the defense. Maybe its just that im a Nebraska fan and i have seen him in alot of games, or maybe its that i remember another DE out of Nebraska that we took in the 1st round named Neil Smith! I understand we drafted DE Tamba Hali last year in the first round, but the last time we drafted DEs in the first round back to back years it was Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas! if they could be half of what those 2 were then we would be in good shape.
    Last edited by diehardkcfan; 03-28-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Smile

From all indications, Allen has a problem that effects his playing time, unless he gets help with his problem, he isn't going to be worth anything to any team, you can't help any team if you are sitting out suspensions for your off the field activities. If you had a 8 to 5 job, you know how long your employer would put up with your particular problem. Bottom line, he has to change some things about his lifestyle, if he must drink, he has to quit driving.

:bananen_smilies054: :shootingsoldier: :FlameMan:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    From all indications, Allen has a problem that effects his playing time, unless he gets help with his problem, he isn't going to be worth anything to any team, you can't help any team if you are sitting out suspensions for your off the field activities. If you had a 8 to 5 job, you know how long your employer would put up with your particular problem. Bottom line, he has to change some things about his lifestyle, if he must drink, he has to quit driving.

:bananen_smilies054: :shootingsoldier: :FlameMan:
    Well said kenny1937!

I'm all for trading both Jared Allen and Larry Johnson, and it doesn't have a great deal to do with their attitudes or even their off field problems but more so with their pure market value at this point in time. With all the Chiefs needs, building through the draft will take forever! Some how Peterson is going to have to find away to stockpile picks for this upcoming draft and that of 2008. Players are replacable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I'm all for trading both Jared Allen and Larry Johnson, and it doesn't have a great deal to do with their attitudes or even their off field problems but more so with their pure market value at this point in time. With all the Chiefs needs, building through the draft will take forever! Some how Peterson is going to have to find away to stockpile picks for this upcoming draft and that of 2008. Players are replacable.
    Why trade them when we know that he can already get the job done? Who are you gonna get for LJ that would improve the RB position? Sure they have great market value...cause they are good and they are on our team. Who's next, Gonzalez?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Why trade them when we know that he can already get the job done? Who are you gonna get for LJ that would improve the RB position? Sure they have great market value...cause they are good and they are on our team. Who's next, Gonzalez?

Agreed, and...

Perish the thought!

I realize that this a VERY uncomfortable topic for most, and yes I'll agree that there is clearly a risk factor involved in trading LJ. But if we can let's set the stage with a few questions:

#1: The parts around LJ that have contributed to his success and the Chiefs are either gone (Roaf/Richardson) or so to be gone (Wiegmann/Shields/Green and Kennison) and not only will this directly translate into less production but also increase LJ's frustration level. There had been remarks made (rumors) that some of LJ's teammates did not much care for him and his attitude. Underpaid, over used and less productive, not a good combo.

#2: Underpaid...but for how long? LJ and his agent are working to cut a new long term mega-buck deal just a notch below that of LT's. What will this do to the Chiefs cap and future ability to sign needed free agent players?

It's nice to have a big screen TV plastered on your wall IF you also have a chair or two, a bed and maybe a few chicken wings but unto itself is it a sound investment?

Replacing LJ could be accomplished in the upcoming draft if draft picks are obtained for this year. It may require more than one RB, but any more a two back system seems to be the way to go: (1) RB Brian Leonard, and (2) Tony Hunt.

Replacing DE Jared Allen is actually a bigger concern and restricts serious consideration of such a move. The only player in the draft that I would feel comfortable with as a replacement is the kid from Nebraska, but he is top 10 material and very likely out of the Chiefs reach. But a trade of LJ could provide the needed picks to meet most of the Chiefs draft needs.

I realize that this a VERY uncomfortable topic for most, and yes I'll agree that there is clearly a risk factor involved in trading LJ. But if we can let's set the stage with a few questions:

#1: The parts around LJ that have contributed to his success and the Chiefs are either gone (Roaf/Richardson) or so to be gone (Wiegmann/Shields/Green and Kennison) and not only will this directly translate into less production but also increase LJ's frustration level. There had been remarks made (rumors) that some of LJ's teammates did not much care for him and his attitude. Underpaid, over used and less productive, not a good combo.

#2: Underpaid...but for how long? LJ and his agent are working to cut a new long term mega-buck deal just a notch below that of LT's. What will this do to the Chiefs cap and future ability to sign needed free agent players?

It's nice to have a big screen TV plastered on your wall IF you also have a chair or two, a bed and maybe a few chicken wings but unto itself is it a sound investment?

Replacing LJ could be accomplished in the upcoming draft if draft picks are obtained for this year. It may require more than one RB, but any more a two back system seems to be the way to go: (1) RB Brian Leonard, and (2) Tony Hunt.

Replacing DE Jared Allen is actually a bigger concern and restricts serious consideration of such a move. The only player in the draft that I would feel comfortable with as a replacement is the kid from Nebraska, but he is top 10 material and very likely out of the Chiefs reach. But a trade of LJ could provide the needed picks to meet most of the Chiefs draft needs.
    A well thought out reply; good job.

I understand what you are saying, but as for the parts that contributed to his success...? I know I did not see Roaf or Richardson last year (unfortunately), I only saw Green for half the season and Kennison...about the same. So I don't agree that these are the guys that made hiim go. Wiegman and Shields yes. As for the "big contract" lets cross that bridge when we come to it. Let him have another big year then talk market value vs keeping him when he wants hi big payday. As for now, I say leave well enough alone. And I also agree about the big screen TV, and especially the chicken wings. :)

Starting Defence...place at the table...WOOOOOOO

Starting Defence...place at the table...WOOOOOOO

Yeah, but your still under you're rookie contract.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast