Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Carriker

Default Adam Carriker

I think that if adam carriker falls down as far as people expect him to which is around the late teens area, i think we gotta trade up for him, jared allen and a draft pick would probably do it. Carriker is an absolute monster that could really help out the defense. Maybe its just that im a Nebraska fan and i have seen him in alot of games, or maybe its that i remember another DE out of Nebraska that we took in the 1st round named Neil Smith! I understand we drafted DE Tamba Hali last year in the first round, but the last time we drafted DEs in the first round back to back years it was Neil Smith and Derrick Thomas! if they could be half of what those 2 were then we would be in good shape.
    Last edited by diehardkcfan; 03-28-2007 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by diehardkcfan View Post
    if they could be half of what those 2 were then we would be in good shape.
    Agreed. But I don't see a DE with the first round pick. But we do have Herm picking. So conventional wisdom would say a defensive pick.

:skull: :armee_smilies099:

Smile

It would be nice to be able to trade up, and get a decent first round pick, and it is possible, Carriker would be an all right pick. if we were to trade up and get him, As Coach said, Herm is picking and he definitely is defense minded.

:113: :character00247:

Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Come on. Seriously?????

Do we really want to throw two,or more, draft picks at a position that we already have a stud at? Forget that we can't protect a quarterback? Forget that the middle of our defensive line backs up on running plays? And just make a non-impact draft of it? We would be extremely lucky, to have some rookie wind-up being as good as Allen is. And we already have Jared Allen. What would we gain from this? We would (hopefully) secure an already secure position. And we would use two draft picks ( at least) to do so.

I hate to sound like I am attacking you here. I just have a great respect for the way Jared Allen plays the game. Not to mention, he is quite young yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Come on. Seriously?????

Do we really want to throw two,or more, draft picks at a position that we already have a stud at? Forget that we can't protect a quarterback? Forget that the middle of our defensive line backs up on running plays? And just make a non-impact draft of it? We would be extremely lucky, to have some rookie wind-up being as good as Allen is. And we already have Jared Allen. What would we gain from this? We would (hopefully) secure an already secure position. And we would use two draft picks ( at least) to do so.

I hate to sound like I am attacking you here. I just have a great respect for the way Jared Allen plays the game. Not to mention, he is quite young yet.
    I've said this before but it bares repeating; we need to sure up the "O" line. That being said; Kenny1937 and admin are correct when they say that Herm is defensive minded and that conventional thinking does favor a defensive pick in the first round.

if you look around the forum you would see that i am very high on picking up chris houston, dwayne bowe, or joe staley but there are people on here coming up with there own dreams on draft day i just wanted to put it out there and see what would be said about it, and not to mention the problem jared allen isnt how good of a player he is, its that he wants out of KC!

I don't see how Jared can be in a Chiefs uniform on opening day. He has a one year contract or he gets to sit. So he'll take the contract. He would have to have a MONSTER year to get big time $ next year. Guess who else is sitting there, unhappy. Mr. LJ. Franchise is reserved for him in 08. That means Allen is UFA and I doubt the Chiefs pay him the $ to keep him. That said, he is gone for 4 games next year anyway. Maybe it's time to deal him. If he stays, one of two things happen:

1) LJ signs contract extension in the middle of the year and Allen is franchised
    2) LJ is franchised and someone else overpays Allen's DUI legacy.

(or the new commish puts the kabash on off-duty activities and Allen's career is cut short)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

if you look around the forum you would see that i am very high on picking up chris houston, dwayne bowe, or joe staley but there are people on here coming up with there own dreams on draft day i just wanted to put it out there and see what would be said about it, and not to mention the problem jared allen isnt how good of a player he is, its that he wants out of KC!
    I don't believe that Jared really wants out of town. That is, often, a negotiational tactic. I think he is salty, about not recieving an offer, from the Chiefs, for a long-term deal. Therefore, you make a ruckus, to bring some attention to yourself. It definitely doesn't sound like the Lance Briggs situation, yet.

This is fine; you are free and encouraged to do so. Just because someone may present an opposing point of view does not mean that they are trying to disrespect you. We're all good natured Chiefs fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I don't see how Jared can be in a Chiefs uniform on opening day. He has a one year contract or he gets to sit. So he'll take the contract. He would have to have a MONSTER year to get big time $ next year. Guess who else is sitting there, unhappy. Mr. LJ. Franchise is reserved for him in 08. That means Allen is UFA and I doubt the Chiefs pay him the $ to keep him. That said, he is gone for 4 games next year anyway. Maybe it's time to deal him. If he stays, one of two things happen:

1) LJ signs contract extension in the middle of the year and Allen is franchised
    2) LJ is franchised and someone else overpays Allen's DUI legacy.

(or the new commish puts the kabash on off-duty activities and Allen's career is cut short)
    Hopefully the Chiefs stick to their guns on this one. I hope they do franchise LJ and let Jared go at the end of next season. I don't think he is worth the money he is asking.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast