Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Croyle in '07

Default Croyle in '07

Anyone see what Herm says about young QB's in the AFC West? Pretty much stating that Croyle is the man unless Huard clearly squashes him in pre-season.

I'm not ready. I want to see Huard in '07 and see if it was a fluke --> I don't think so. Call me crazy, but I think the changes in defense are enough to make the squad better. Huard comes in to the simpler offense (Herm says cutting # of plays), has some young receivers (faster, better hands), the "angry-young-man" Johnson ready to prove with yards and not carries why he will be our franchise player in '08. We play the Raiders and the Broncos twice (and Cutler was 2-3 last year). I think it's a STRONG season. Play-offs for sure. It could be our first play-off win in a long time....

(if someone does something with Tynes -- please bring back Mort for anything under 40, LT can stick around for the long ones....)

Sorry, I digress, the post started as Herm giving the starting spot to Croyle. Don't you think Huard signed to play? Shouldn't he play?

(Should we have a thread to vent on why the !@#$ is LT still a Chief?)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Bills beat us 2 years ago badly. That was probably the most depressing game of the season. It still sticks out in my mind. Maybe because it was the only time that year, that I got to go out with my buddies and watch football.

I dont think they gave Huard that money as an insurance policy. And I thnk if we continue to strengthen our defense throught he draft and such, with his solid play we could win a first round play-off game or maybe more. I have trouble with the idea of putting Croyle in and let him take his licks and possibly struggle through the upcoming season. But how many times do we have to learn our lesson with older QB's and their short oppurtunity for success (DeBerg, Bono, Gannon(who should have gotten more of a shot), Montana (who brought us closer), and Green to name a few. Some other people on here have made the same suggestion but maybe its time we allowed a young QB to develop in the line of fire (I know we tried with Grbac), but if Edwards looks at Croyle and gives him the nod we need to try to stay behind through his learning curve because thats what it takes. I have been a die-hard fan for probably 18 years I am sure there our guys on here that have been fans for much longer, but I know I am sickened by our lack of play-off success- I almost jumped through the T.V. watching Lin Elliot-watching our defense-and then other times watching dissappointing seasons that we didn't even make it. I think I typed to much for my first post- but I promise you guys my heart is in the right place. Why cant we shore up all three facets of the game at the sametime as an organization?

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Bills beat us 2 years ago badly. That was probably the most depressing game of the season. It still sticks out in my mind. Maybe because it was the only time that year, that I got to go out with my buddies and watch football.
    I was at that game and got in a fight in the parking lot. I don't like buffalo. Stinks like Cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I was at that game and got in a fight in the parking lot. I don't like buffalo. Stinks like Cheerios
    Sweet. Now I know you're a diehard!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    I dont think they gave Huard that money as an insurance policy. And I thnk if we continue to strengthen our defense throught he draft and such, with his solid play we could win a first round play-off game or maybe more. I have trouble with the idea of putting Croyle in and let him take his licks and possibly struggle through the upcoming season. But how many times do we have to learn our lesson with older QB's and their short oppurtunity for success (DeBerg, Bono, Gannon(who should have gotten more of a shot), Montana (who brought us closer), and Green to name a few. Some other people on here have made the same suggestion but maybe its time we allowed a young QB to develop in the line of fire (I know we tried with Grbac), but if Edwards looks at Croyle and gives him the nod we need to try to stay behind through his learning curve because thats what it takes. I have been a die-hard fan for probably 18 years I am sure there our guys on here that have been fans for much longer, but I know I am sickened by our lack of play-off success- I almost jumped through the T.V. watching Lin Elliot-watching our defense-and then other times watching dissappointing seasons that we didn't even make it. I think I typed to much for my first post- but I promise you guys my heart is in the right place. Why cant we shore up all three facets of the game at the sametime as an organization?
    My personal preference would be to start Huard. Bring Croyle in if Huard struggles and in blow out situations. Welcome to the board 'LateGreat'!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    2008 Chiefs vs the b_lls. I will be there to get my Vengance!!! Damn B_lls fans. Can I say damn in here? If not I am sorry
    That made me laugh outloud.

Most everyone else does. LOL!

My personal preference would be to start Huard. Bring Croyle in if Huard struggles and in blow out situations. Welcome to the board 'LateGreat'!!!!!

Agreed; bring Croyle along gradually.

Smile

Realistically, hopefully Herm will use his noodle and start Huard, allowing Croyle to learn, espeacially behind the o line that we have, as was already stated Joe Montana could not succeed behind this o line, let alone a green rookie. IMOH.

:character0054: :violent-smiley-066: :group:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Sweet. Now I know you're a diehard!
    He said some stuff about my Chiefs that wasn't nice. And my buddy wrote 38-5 on his forhead with permanent marker after to remind him about the last time they had played. It was just the two of us cause everyone else was already in jail. I was the last one there and I didn't miss any of the game!! GO CHIEFS!!!

Smile

(grin) Cool, Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan, Cool keep up the good work!

:sword: :drums: :bananen_smilies085:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast