Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Croyle in '07

Default Croyle in '07

Anyone see what Herm says about young QB's in the AFC West? Pretty much stating that Croyle is the man unless Huard clearly squashes him in pre-season.

I'm not ready. I want to see Huard in '07 and see if it was a fluke --> I don't think so. Call me crazy, but I think the changes in defense are enough to make the squad better. Huard comes in to the simpler offense (Herm says cutting # of plays), has some young receivers (faster, better hands), the "angry-young-man" Johnson ready to prove with yards and not carries why he will be our franchise player in '08. We play the Raiders and the Broncos twice (and Cutler was 2-3 last year). I think it's a STRONG season. Play-offs for sure. It could be our first play-off win in a long time....

(if someone does something with Tynes -- please bring back Mort for anything under 40, LT can stick around for the long ones....)

Sorry, I digress, the post started as Herm giving the starting spot to Croyle. Don't you think Huard signed to play? Shouldn't he play?

(Should we have a thread to vent on why the !@#$ is LT still a Chief?)
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Huard is the starting QB in my mind. I like this post because it is finally something positive about next season. It's easy to complain about what we don't have. What we do have is a good QB, a good RB, a good TE, hopefully a good WR from the draft. On defense, we have a good defensive end, great LB's, and a good secondary. Every team has holes. Even the colts, have holes. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Huard is the starting QB in my mind. I like this post because it is finally something positive about next season. It's easy to complain about what we don't have. What we do have is a good QB, a good RB, a good TE, hopefully a good WR from the draft. On defense, we have a good defensive end, great LB's, and a good secondary. Every team has holes. Even the colts, have holes. Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!
    Agreed, as much as we like to belly ache, we made the play offs last season, when a whole bunch of teams didn't, and I think that Huard will do a great job as QB, and we may make the play offs again this year. And of course I like the way you ended your post Coach-GO CHIEFS!!

:113: :character0087:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Here is how I work.....

During the off-season, I gripe. About players, about coaches, about management, even about other fans' optimism.

Why? There is nothing worse than having high hopes, and being dissapointed.
    On the other hand, if you expect little, and make the playoffs (fluke) then....
    WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! Like finding out you won a hundred dollars on a lottery ticket, that you never bought.
    I hate buying a hundred lottery tickets, and coming away with four dollars. I like spending squat, and taking a big prize.

That said..... Huard earned the starting job. Herm is the boss. Therefore, I expect( Spending no money on the ticket) Croyle starts, and gets us to 4-6, before the beating, caused by below average OT play, is too much for him. Huard comes in to go 4-2. End result? 8-8 drafting 18th. Lots more complaining from Chief31.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    Anyone see what Herm says about young QB's in the AFC West? Pretty much stating that Croyle is the man unless Huard clearly squashes him in pre-season.

I'm not ready. I want to see Huard in '07 and see if it was a fluke --> I don't think so. Call me crazy, but I think the changes in defense are enough to make the squad better. Huard comes in to the simpler offense (Herm says cutting # of plays), has some young receivers (faster, better hands), the "angry-young-man" Johnson ready to prove with yards and not carries why he will be our franchise player in '08. We play the Raiders and the Broncos twice (and Cutler was 2-3 last year). I think it's a STRONG season. Play-offs for sure. It could be our first play-off win in a long time....

(if someone does something with Tynes -- please bring back Mort for anything under 40, LT can stick around for the long ones....)

Sorry, I digress, the post started as Herm giving the starting spot to Croyle. Don't you think Huard signed to play? Shouldn't he play?

(Should we have a thread to vent on why the !@#$ is LT still a Chief?)

LOL! That made me laugh outloud!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Here is how I work.....

During the off-season, I gripe. About players, about coaches, about management, even about other fans' optimism.

Why? There is nothing worse than having high hopes, and being dissapointed.
    On the other hand, if you expect little, and make the playoffs (fluke) then....
    WOOOO-HOOOO!!!! Like finding out you won a hundred dollars on a lottery ticket, that you never bought.
    I hate buying a hundred lottery tickets, and coming away with four dollars. I like spending squat, and taking a big prize.

That said..... Huard earned the starting job. Herm is the boss. Therefore, I expect( Spending no money on the ticket) Croyle starts, and gets us to 4-6, before the beating, caused by below average OT play, is too much for him. Huard comes in to go 4-2. End result? 8-8 drafting 18th. Lots more complaining from Chief31.
    You and I think an aweful lot alike in this regard. However, optimism is a good thing also if for no other reason then to lighten things up around here and kind of balance things out.

i don't know, our schedule looks REALLY tough next year. it will be hard to make the playoffs no matter who's QB. just give the rookie the ball and look foward to nice first round pick in 08 and a really good season with a much easier schedule considering a poor record in 07. i think we build for a deep run in 08 and a championship in 09. but we have to be willing to go through a poor year. all the champs do it.

Unfortunately, a bad year no longer equals an easy schedule the following one. With the current set-up, whether you go 0 - 16 or 16 - 0, only 2 games are different. You play 6 games against your division (3 home / 3 away), 4 games against a rotating NFC division (every 4 years), 4 games against a rotating AFC division (every 3 years) and TWO games against the AFC teams that finished in the same spot in their division as you finished in yours -- so if you are 0 - 16, you play the last place finishers in the 2 AFC divisions you are not already playing, and so on.

That said, I think you have to win / win / win. Croyle is the future, but let him get his snaps in practice and mop up time this year. If he shines, play him.

BUT - the thread started with Herm doesn't sound like he is leaning that way. Anybody else get that feeling?

Here is the link to our upcoming opponents:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/future/

2008 Chiefs vs the b_lls. I will be there to get my Vengance!!! Damn B_lls fans. Can I say damn in here? If not I am sorry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast