Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should happen Carl P.?

Default What should happen Carl P.?

I think he has been at it long enough.We need some new blood and thinking in his position. I know a couple folks in the media that would like to see him go.
    Last edited by jgunn1966; 04-01-2007 at 05:14 PM.
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief71 View Post
    I know it's en vogue to make fun of CP and call for his head, but c'mon guys: the Chiefs are winners. There are a LOT of teams that wish they had the Chiefs problems. Consistently fighting for the play-offs, making it just as much as not lately. Not happy with just getting there.

I talk a lot, but you have to hand it to the guy, he puts together a VERY GOOD football team. Take away the Steelers game last year and we were in every game. Could have won more than we did.

I think he put the personnel on the field to be competitive. If Hermie (or Dickie or any of the others) cannot get it done, when does it stop being on CP?

And - btw - those balls are not all the same style. Just to say "dickie" ball and "hermie" ball have a common denominator is a stretch that is laughable because the styles are so inconsistent, there is nothing common to them...
    the buck stops with him. he`s had 17 years to field a playoff team. just winning and not getting to the playoff only teases us fans. we keep thinking they are going to the playoffs so we keep buying tickets and souvenirs.just winning dosnt cut it anymore. playoffs do. i`ve been a fan since they moved to kc and will always be a fan. but the queen has to go.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yup; I've said it once and it bares repeating CP is the one common denominator here.
    Actually, besides Carl Peterson we need to also factor in the late Lamar Hunt. I don't think a change is needed when it comes to Peterson, the change that was needed has taken place with Clark Hunt. This is not meant as a backhanded slap towards Lamar, but he did seem to be running things from a far. Based on what has taken place thus far in the offseason (free agency) it might appear that Clack Hunt is making more of the calls.

Peterson is by no means off the hook, just yet! Until he makes good on his promise to rebuild this team via the draft, he must remain on the hot seat along with Clark Hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Actually, besides Carl Peterson we need to also factor in the late Lamar Hunt. I don't think a change is needed when it comes to Peterson, the change that was needed has taken place with Clark Hunt. This is not meant as a backhanded slap towards Lamar, but he did seem to be running things from a far. Based on what has taken place thus far in the offseason (free agency) it might appear that Clack Hunt is making more of the calls.

Peterson is by no means off the hook, just yet! Until he makes good on his promise to rebuild this team via the draft, he must remain on the hot seat along with Clark Hunt!

True; I had let the late, great previous owner "off the hook" out of respect for his passing, but in the past it was not so. I had never understood Lamar's reasoning for keeping CP around, and really hoped that Clark would take the measures that Lamar did not and showed CP his walking papers.

Good stuff Cisco and Chiefster:iagree:
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    Good stuff Cisco and Chiefster:iagree:
    Well great minds think alike. :invasion:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12