Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is LJ's Market Value?

Default What Is LJ's Market Value?

The current hot topic around the NFL isn't about QB Trent Green or David Carr's future NFL homes but rather RFA RB Michael Turner of the San Diego Chargers.

The buzz centers around the Tennessee Titans are their need for a starting RB. As a high tender restricted free agent, the Titans will be required to provide draft compensation equal to a 1st and 3rd round picks for the contract rights to Turner. There has been early speculation that this could be in the form of the two teams flip-flopping 1st round picks [#19 & #30], but the value just isn't there as it relates to the draft interests of the Chargers.

Chances are the Titans will need to decide if parting with picks #1/19, #4/115 and #6/188 is worth the services of RB Michael Turner.

This difficult process could be facing other teams as well, such as Buffalo and Cleveland if another top-rated RB should become available. If the Chiefs were to place RB Larry Johnson on the trading block what would his market value be and what could the Chiefs expect in return?

Smile

I agree Chiefster, but also while a runnig back is a necessity, we need other ingredients as well, remember Barry Sanders, a great running back that never played in a superbowl, LJ needs a good supporting cast, because as already stated he isn't going anywhere, and he will run for the Chiefs on opening day.
    GO CHIEFS!

:invasion: :bazooka: :cut:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

ahhhhh.....the Nigerian Nightmare. I am wearing my #35 today. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    ahhhhh.....the Nigerian Nightmare. I am wearing my #35 today. :)

Yeah, I loved watching that guy run; dude knocked a defender out with his knee cap. Of course that's what the defender gets for hitting him in the knee with his head.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

i just wish LJ COULD BLOCK.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Smile

Grin, Me too Wolfpack, me too!!

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    The current hot topic around the NFL isn't about QB Trent Green or David Carr's future NFL homes but rather RFA RB Michael Turner of the San Diego Chargers.

The buzz centers around the Tennessee Titans are their need for a starting RB. As a high tender restricted free agent, the Titans will be required to provide draft compensation equal to a 1st and 3rd round picks for the contract rights to Turner. There has been early speculation that this could be in the form of the two teams flip-flopping 1st round picks [#19 & #30], but the value just isn't there as it relates to the draft interests of the Chargers.

Chances are the Titans will need to decide if parting with picks #1/19, #4/115 and #6/188 is worth the services of RB Michael Turner.

This difficult process could be facing other teams as well, such as Buffalo and Cleveland if another top-rated RB should become available. If the Chiefs were to place RB Larry Johnson on the trading block what would his market value be and what could the Chiefs expect in return?
    I'd take whatever we did get for him. I find him difficult to root for. Kinda like rooting for Lex Luthor to go ahead and take over the world. I think he is a bad guy. Certainly, not as bad as some others in the league, but not a great person.

Priest holmes, was quick to point out terrific blocking, while I never heard him criticize any blocking mistakes. I have yet to hear L.J. credit any linemen, yet I have heard his, albeit mild, criticism. In Priests years, I heard him say one selfish thing. When asked what he needed to have a great year, he replied "to get payed". He said this in a position where most players would have been sitting out, whereas he was on the field. I haven't heard Larry say anything that didn't translate to...."me, me, me, I'm the man".

I don't hate him, he just rubs me the wrong way.

I agree Chief31, but as long as he puts up the yards...and maybe learns to block he can be an a__hole all he wants. There will be personality conflicts on every team, there is no 53 man roster in the league that gets along all the time. There will always be guys that rub people the wrong way. It would be a lot nicer if LJ had learned something from Priest in his time a backup but he didn't. I say we run him until he can't do it anymore and then he will learn the hard way that team loyalty is a two way street. Priest will always be rememered by Chiefs fans as one of our greatest running backs and LJ will be the guy that played a few years after him.

Smile

I agree Chief31, but as long as he puts up the yards...and maybe learns to block he can be an a__hole all he wants. There will be personality conflicts on every team, there is no 53 man roster in the league that gets along all the time. There will always be guys that rub people the wrong way. It would be a lot nicer if LJ had learned something from Priest in his time a backup but he didn't. I say we run him until he can't do it anymore and then he will learn the hard way that team loyalty is a two way street. Priest will always be rememered by Chiefs fans as one of our greatest running backs and LJ will be the guy that played a few years after him.

Well said my friend, well said!!
    GO CHIEFS!!

:sign0156: :bananen_smilies100: :bananen_smilies100:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    i just wish LJ COULD BLOCK.
    ...And catch.

I have heard the same thing said about Tony G. oddly enough.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast