Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is LJ's Market Value?

Default What Is LJ's Market Value?

The current hot topic around the NFL isn't about QB Trent Green or David Carr's future NFL homes but rather RFA RB Michael Turner of the San Diego Chargers.

The buzz centers around the Tennessee Titans are their need for a starting RB. As a high tender restricted free agent, the Titans will be required to provide draft compensation equal to a 1st and 3rd round picks for the contract rights to Turner. There has been early speculation that this could be in the form of the two teams flip-flopping 1st round picks [#19 & #30], but the value just isn't there as it relates to the draft interests of the Chargers.

Chances are the Titans will need to decide if parting with picks #1/19, #4/115 and #6/188 is worth the services of RB Michael Turner.

This difficult process could be facing other teams as well, such as Buffalo and Cleveland if another top-rated RB should become available. If the Chiefs were to place RB Larry Johnson on the trading block what would his market value be and what could the Chiefs expect in return?

I'm not real sure what the Chiefs could expect in return for LJ, but I have some idea what Chiefs fans might expect in return.

Top 5 draft pick and a frontline starter
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    Top 5 draft pick and a frontline starter

...To say that absolute very least.

i am all for exploring a trade for LJ. But, we need at least 2 top 10 first round picks and a couple more first day picks to go along with them. i just look at what the saints gave up for Ricky Williams. they gave up thier whole draft. so, a couple firsts and a couple later first day picks for a proven RB shouldn't be too much to ask.

Why does everyone want to trade LJ? We have a lot of players that we could get great market value for. One problem...they are really good players and is that not what we are looking for? We have enough holes to fill to make this a Suber Bowl calibur team without making more to fill. Let's not forget that Herm's "offence" only goes when Larry goes. Remember the playoffs agains Indy??

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Why does everyone want to trade LJ? We have a lot of players that we could get great market value for. One problem...they are really good players and is that not what we are looking for? We have enough holes to fill to make this a Suber Bowl calibur team without making more to fill. Let's not forget that Herm's "offence" only goes when Larry goes. Remember the playoffs agains Indy??

LJ ain't goin nowhere.

betwwen lost and nowhere,southcentral ks.

LJ isnt going anywhere this year or next. i would feel alot better if he could catch and BLOCK. the trouble with hermieball is they are going to run LJ in the ground in acouple of years.
    i can remember what a chief super bowl team looks like! ......

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    LJ ain't goin nowhere.
    Yep! LJ is staying put for at least 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    LJ isnt going anywhere this year or next. i would feel alot better if he could catch and BLOCK. the trouble with hermieball is they are going to run LJ in the ground in acouple of years.

True; reminds me of another big strong back the Chiefs had who ran much like LJ - Christian Okoya(sp) was almost thought to be indestructible, but whose career was cut short because of injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast