Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article on Jared Allen

If they Fanchise him hes said hes out after the end of the season. Carl better pay attention and get this man a contract ready. They cant use the DWI as an excuse every year. Regardless of what he did during the 06 season , he showed he can pull himself together and completely live his life for his team and his gameplay. Get him before we watch him from the other side ! hell he scored about as much as LJ last year on offense and hes on defense. GO CHIEFS ! GO Jared !

Looks like we will have him for one more season then.

Dude, if queen carl drives one of the only good things we have away from this team, I will break his legs (at the minimum). I may even snipe the dude. Write it down. I'm serious. I'm tired of that ******* screwing with people's lives and emotions with his shoddy management and decision-making. The guy has to hire bodyguards because he is such a f**k-up!
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

What about this? ...

C.P. tags Jared this year, (I think he will do this anyway.) but then, after C.P. gets the axe next year, Jared deals with new management, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    What about this? ...

C.P. tags Jared this year, (I think he will do this anyway.) but then, after C.P. gets the axe next year, Jared deals with new management, maybe?
    I hope so.

It would save the life of one really not worth saving but, more importantly, would save me from going to jail for homicide.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

No happy...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Hind-sight is always 20/20, but I remember seeing this with forsight, and wishing that we had given the big contract to Jared over L.J. In fact, there were many people who fealt that way. I think that was with me on that topic.

Jared plays football with the passion and enjoyment of a kid playing football at the park with his friends. If he doesn't get to the QB in time, the pass rarely gets past him, without his hands in the air, trying to get a piece of it. Often he does. Jared Allen has always been a play-maker on defense. (And two recieving TDs too.)

That is something that just can't be easily replaced. Often, it can't be replaced at all.

DE, in my opinion, is the absolute top spot, in regards to pass defense. If you can get regular pressure on a QB without blitzing, then you have a strong pass defense, Period.

If you have to blitz to get pressure, then you are leaving the defensive backfield under-manned for the coverage. And as Chiefs fans we can tell you, (Remeber '04, '05, etc. )that if you blitz and the pressure doesn't happen, then your pass defense is proverbial toast.

Jared is proven commodity as a pass defending DE, and he gives you the extra element that you would want from that position. He has become tough against the run.

Opposition chooses to run his direction at their own risk. Jared has become very well known to Chiefs fans, and opposing coaches, as a play-maker in run defense. Run at him, and hope that he doesn't get to the RB and cause a fumble, or run somewhere else.

As for L.J., I think that he is a good RB, but has seen the highs and lows of how offensive line impacts the performance of a RB. I think L.J. can make big plays, (I have seen it happen) but that he isn't going to be able to give you those big plays on a regular basis.

I think that the Chiefs are going to be forced to inject some talent to the O-line this offseason. I believe that we will get at least one free-agent, and possibly two first-day draft picks.

But it seems to be an unwritten rule, that a new group on the offensive line, takes about one year to assimilate as a group.

Hopefully, we will see some significant improvements to that unit, immediately, and will get a glimpse of what Brodie Croyle, and Larry Johnson will look like behind our new O-line. I think that we will be able to see more from L.J. than from Brodie, as run-blocking tends to come easier to newly-formed offenslive lines, and we all know that Herm prefers to run the ball anyway.

Kinda runnin' off-track there, but...

I just think that we paid L.J. without knowing what we had, (Looked really good behind a great O-line.) and we ignored a proven commodity in Jared Allen.

Nice analysis there chief31, and I agree!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

In a new article on yahoo sports called "10 bold predictions for the NFL offseason", prediction #2 says:

Jared Allen will remain a Chief
    Given that the market for quality defensive linemen just went through the roof, there is no way the Kansas City Chiefs will let one of the NFL's top defensive linemen get away. Chiefs GM Carl Peterson undoubtedly will use the "franchise tag" to hold on to defensive end Jared Allen if no long-term contract can be ironed out before the start of free agency.
    In fact, the Chiefs likely will use the "exclusive" version of the franchise tag, which will prevent any other team from even looking at Allen. The Colts did that last year with defensive end Dwight Feeney, who ultimately signed a six-year, $72 million deal that will keep him in Indianapolis. Allen might huff and puff about being slapped with the franchise tag, but in the end he'll have two options: 1. Play for the one-year franchise tender; 2. or don't play at all (and get paid nothing).
    -----------

Prediction #4 is funny: "Eagles could trade McNabb". COULD? And it goes on to say: "There's too much smoke not to believe McNabb is available for the right price. That doesn't mean a trade definitely will happen, but it means a trade definitely could happen." Again, he COULD be traded? And yet the title of the article is ten BOLD predictions for the NFL. Yeah that's a real bold prediction for Donovan's status, he MIGHT be traded! Way to go out on a limb!

But yes, Jared better stay in KC!
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 02-09-2008 at 08:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast