Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ..So now what...?

Default ..So now what...?

Hey guys,
    So we were all hyped up about our new O. Coaches. But now that we got out new coaches figured out, what is next?

When will we start to see changed in the roster? I am not familiar with the timeline of free agency and all that crap...when will we start to cut people and pick guys up? Just Feels like not much has been going on in the past week...

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Hey guys,
    So we were all hyped up about our new O. Coaches. But now that we got out new coaches figured out, what is next?

When will we start to see changed in the roster? I am not familiar with the timeline of free agency and all that crap...when will we start to cut people and pick guys up? Just Feels like not much has been going on in the past week...
    Well, it appears that the end of this month will start the free-agency period. I'm not positive of the exact time/day, but I believe that it is on March 1st.

Free Agency means Ocho-Cinco...

I can just see Carl doing some crappy thing like that to boost attendance, and then having him throw a fit when he never gets the ball because Brodie is lying on his back!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Free Agency means Ocho-Cinco...

I can just see Carl doing some crappy thing like that to boost attendance, and then having him throw a fit when he never gets the ball because Brodie is lying on his back!
    We should think up a funny nickname for Chad....any ideas??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We should think up a funny nickname for Chad....any ideas??
    Funnier than Ocho-Cinco?

He needs to take a Spanish 101 class!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Default free agents

here is a link that lists all the free agents in the nfl 2008

http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=9&c...nid=83&yr=2008

there is plenty of talent out there we could use

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnationrepresentarmy View Post
    here is a link that lists all the free agents in the nfl 2008

http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=9&c...nid=83&yr=2008

there is plenty of talent out there we could use
    I counted 8 O linemen in that list, and want to get Lilja back in KC!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I counted 8 O linemen in that list, and want to get Lilja back in KC!
    I'm not sure that I trust Lilja. I think the system and Peyton have made the offensive linemen look good. And that system revolves around the passing game, whereas he would have to become a dominant run-blocker under Herm.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I'm not sure that I trust Lilja. I think the system and Peyton have made the offensive linemen look good. And that system revolves around the passing game, whereas he would have to become a dominant run-blocker under Herm.
    Good point.

I keep dreaming of the offense I want, and that which Herm is trying to stuff down my throat.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    So you are willing to leave the starting positions to a few long-shots and guys who have been unable to crack into our starting lineup, despite the low level of talent above them?

Even if you decide to sink or swim with a fourth/fifth round pick starting, how about some depth? And when do you start complaining about having a terrible O-line... again?

Our O-line is so depleted, that without three first round picks, we are highly unlikely to draft three immediate starters.

But aside from the three starting spots that I feel need to be filled, we could also use some older freeagents to at least back up the starters.
    This team needs some depth at O-line as well. Injuries happen. As it stands now, most of our o-line would be decent backups at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This team needs some depth at O-line as well. Injuries happen. As it stands now, most of our o-line would be decent backups at best.
    At the very best; the o-line must be addressed in the off season.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast