Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Late nights were funner when luv was here...

Default Late nights were funner when luv was here...

Sigh...
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

King Solomon, feeling blue, asked his advisors to find him a ring he had once seen in a dream.

"When I feel satisfied I’m afraid that it won’t last. And when I don’t, I am afraid my sorrow will go on forever. Find me the ring that will ease my suffering." he demanded.

Solomon sent out all of his advisors, and eventually one of them met an old jeweler who carved into a simple gold band the inscription, "this too shall pass." When the king received his ring and read the inscription, his sorrows turned to joy and his joy to sorrows, and then both gave way to equanimity.

You see, the great King found himself unable to be content. He felt sorrow when he was happy, and sorrow when he was not, because he was unable to see his way forward. The ring served to cancel out his sorrow. By constantly having something to look forward to, he found himself content. What he previously thought was satisfaction was only a superficial feeling that was brought on by his great wealth, which was only temporary, thus his satisfaction could not last forever. True satisfaction could only be found when he recognized his wealth for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    In the long road we travel in life, there will be bumps, ruts, hills to climb, valleys of wonder to enjoy, mountains to overcome, and a new Season of Kansas City Chiefs to look forward for!
    Well it is the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Exactly my point.

Sometimes (in this complex world) not everyone can handle the things that are thrown at them, and a little distraction changes ones moods to get them a little more even.

You are fine, just talk to people and if necessary use medication.

I'm not a Tom Cruise Scientology guy, I believe in medicine (alternative and traditional) to help people out.

People take medicine for pain and other ailments, why not use substances to balance ones self out?
    My nephew has autism and ADD (I think it's lack of parenting). My sister-in-law believes in pills for everyhing. Whenever she has my nephew on medication, he's completely not himself. I take Tylenol for a fever, Sudafed for nasal congestion, and TheraFlu cough syrup for annoying cough. Other than what my doctor has prescribed me for when my back acts up, I'm not really into being medicated. I appreciate the thought, though.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Well it is the off season.
    There is no such thing as a Chiefs offseason.

As long as we are still here rooting for the Chiefs the season never ends!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    My nephew has autism and ADD (I think it's lack of parenting). My sister-in-law believes in pills for everyhing. Whenever she has my nephew on medication, he's completely not himself. I take Tylenol for a fever, Sudafed for nasal congestion, and TheraFlu cough syrup for annoying cough. Other than what my doctor has prescribed me for when my back acts up, I'm not really into being medicated. I appreciate the thought, though.
    I'm the same way, especially when we're talking about meds whose side effects are wrose then the ailment it's treating.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    I'm not trying to get you hooked on druggies girl, just letting you know that takes the edge off of my GF when she gets panicky.

It is the season that never ends
    It just goes on and on my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    It is the season that never ends
    It just goes on and on my friend...
    Really?

I could post that, but really?

True, we are the Chief Crowd, We are the Chief Nation! But vacation time is needed to? :waterskiing: :character00180: :band23: wish I could be at the Pro Bowl for a vacation!

Really?

I could post that, but really?

Sure, why not?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast