Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wes Welker / Dante Hall

Default Wes Welker / Dante Hall

When I was watching the superbowl the other night, I was amazed at how effective Wes Welker was fohe Patriots and the effort he gave on every play. Then I started thinking, why don't more teams use these tiny, super quick WR's. Then I remembered we tried that with Dante Hall. He was quick, why wasn't he successful....

I think the lesson learned is how important it is be to an effective route runner. You hear lip service all of the time about the imprtance of route running as a WR. Wes Welker is living proof that route running is a lost art and is not just hype.

Just my .02

I think Welker has better hands that Dante did, but I agree on the route running. Jerry Rice wasn't the biggest guy and wasn't the fastest guy but he was the best for a reason.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    When I was watching the superbowl the other night, I was amazed at how effective Wes Welker was fohe Patriots and the effort he gave on every play. Then I started thinking, why don't more teams use these tiny, super quick WR's. Then I remembered we tried that with Dante Hall. He was quick, why wasn't he successful....

I think the lesson learned is how important it is be to an effective route runner. You hear lip service all of the time about the imprtance of route running as a WR. Wes Welker is living proof that route running is a lost art and is not just hype.

Just my .02
    Not to mention that Welker is twice the receiver than Dante ever was. Back in the day there was ( sorry Canada ) Don Bebe, Ed McCaffery and more recently was Brandon Stokley.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Not to mention that Welker is twice the receiver than Dante ever was. Back in the day there was ( sorry Canada ) Don Bebe, Ed McCaffery and more recently was Brandon Stokley.
    meh....it happens. they were bound to accidentally get a good player or two!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Just my .02
    I would have to agree that Dantes hands weren't great, and add that he never looked comfortable playing WR.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    And, uhh... are we just going to overlook Marvin Reggie in Indy? Those guys live off of great route-running, and excellent hands.

(I know, you were just pointing out the successful slot-recievers, but I had to slip those names in somehow.)

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would have to agree that Dantes hands weren't great, and add that he never looked comfortable playing WR.

And, uhh... are we just going to overlook Marvin Reggie in Indy? Those guys live off of great route-running, and excellent hands.

(I know, you were just pointing out the successful slot-recievers, but I had to slip those names in somehow.)
    Ur right!! I was speaking of slot guys! I think I may take Wayne over Harrison these days. Eventhough Marvin was and probably still is a great receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I think Welker has better hands that Dante did, but I agree on the route running. Jerry Rice wasn't the biggest guy and wasn't the fastest guy but he was the best for a reason.
    Yeah I wished he would have ended his career in KC like Montana did.

Hall had Very poor hands! welker hardly drops anything.

I'm the only one saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazeye View Post
    woW thank you Friend did not know you cared so much to say such things in a simple football forum. Can you let me know when the people quit noticing me as an ***. But you do StilL like to correct people and then make them out to look like an ***.
    Yer doin a fine job all on your own!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast