Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking bans

Been missin' ya 'round these parts guy!

Did you have a good Christmas and New Years?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Been missin' ya 'round these parts guy!

Did you have a good Christmas and New Years?
    Not bad. I was able to provide a good Christmas for my kids, so that makes for a good Christmas for me.

As for New Years, I spent that with my kids as well. I made sure to go out to a restaraunt one last time, before the Soviet-union-like smoking ban went into effect, at the start of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not bad. I was able to provide a good Christmas for my kids, so that makes for a good Christmas for me.

As for New Years, I spent that with my kids as well. I made sure to go out to a restaraunt one last time, before the Soviet-union-like smoking ban went into effect, at the start of the year.
    They started that smoking ban here last year.

The chamber of commerce is pissed off at the city council because it is killing business in Independence.

All the customers are going to Blue Springs and KC bars.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

They started that smoking ban here last year.

The chamber of commerce is pissed off at the city council because it is killing business in Independence.

All the customers are going to Blue Springs and KC bars.
    I wish that I lived near to a border, so I could go into public some.

I wish that I lived near to a border, so I could go into public some.
    How far is Creve from Chicago?

Is there a ban there too?

How far is Creve from Chicago?

Is there a ban there too?
    It is a staewide ban, and I live right in the middle of the state.

It is a staewide ban, and I live right in the middle of the state.
    Wow. Statewide like California, eh?

That completely sucks *** dude.

Trapped in a communist state.

Wow. Statewide like California, eh?

That completely sucks *** dude.

Trapped in a communist state.
    I already hated this state before the smoking ban. I wish I could get out, but I am stuck here.

Illinois... No longer .. Finally back home Blue Springs MO

I Also live here and I agree with the rule on no smoking in Restaurants, but bars come on, people expect to smoke in a bar, I have a couple customers that own bars and they are afraid that the customers will go to their car to smoke and while they are out there drink more so they dont have to spend it inside.

I am a non smoker and very big against smoking, but sometimes government goes a lil too big brother.

The best part of this law for me is that it is everywhere though, because if it is just in one town or another it can hurt businesses that are in one town with a bordering town that allows smoking (bars, I don't think it is as much of a deal with restaurants)

So in the end I love that now I can go to whatever restaurant I want, My kids and I no longer have to smoke just because the restaurant allows it. I know there are smoking sections and non smoking but far far too many restaurants dont have a clue and to get to the non smoking section or from their to the bathroom you have to go through a smoking section.

There is a list of non smoking restaurants in the county I live in, and I have found that a lot of these restaurants have gotten busier because of going non smoking.

Like it or now before long I feel the US will have a public smoking ban.

BTW my father died from stopping breathing, a side effect of his cancer, all caused from smoking his whole life, when they talked about putting him on oxygen my mother said no because then she couldn't smoke in the house because of the tank.

My best friend growing up started smoking when he was 9, at 32 he found out he had cancer. Spent months not being able to work, months in the hospital, and lots of time in Chemo. Funny thing though, even though they told him it was mostly due to smoking,(Partially family background and genes) he still didn't quit, he has been back somewhat recovering for almost a year, he still cant work, and is trying for disability. He will likely never work again at 35, from knowing what he is going through I expect him to die within the next 5 years, he may live longer then that but I just don't think so because cancer is nothing to play with. I dont want my kids to have to go through that simply because we like to eat out in public.

Quote Originally Posted by bryonc View Post
    I Also live here and I agree with the rule on no smoking in Restaurants, but bars come on, people expect to smoke in a bar, I have a couple customers that own bars and they are afraid that the customers will go to their car to smoke and while they are out there drink more so they dont have to spend it inside.

I am a non smoker and very big against smoking, but sometimes government goes a lil too big brother.

The best part of this law for me is that it is everywhere though, because if it is just in one town or another it can hurt businesses that are in one town with a bordering town that allows smoking (bars, I don't think it is as much of a deal with restaurants)

So in the end I love that now I can go to whatever restaurant I want, My kids and I no longer have to smoke just because the restaurant allows it. I know there are smoking sections and non smoking but far far too many restaurants dont have a clue and to get to the non smoking section or from their to the bathroom you have to go through a smoking section.

There is a list of non smoking restaurants in the county I live in, and I have found that a lot of these restaurants have gotten busier because of going non smoking.

Like it or now before long I feel the US will have a public smoking ban.

BTW my father died from stopping breathing, a side effect of his cancer, all caused from smoking his whole life, when they talked about putting him on oxygen my mother said no because then she couldn't smoke in the house because of the tank.

My best friend growing up started smoking when he was 9, at 32 he found out he had cancer. Spent months not being able to work, months in the hospital, and lots of time in Chemo. Funny thing though, even though they told him it was mostly due to smoking,(Partially family background and genes) he still didn't quit, he has been back somewhat recovering for almost a year, he still cant work, and is trying for disability. He will likely never work again at 35, from knowing what he is going through I expect him to die within the next 5 years, he may live longer then that but I just don't think so because cancer is nothing to play with. I dont want my kids to have to go through that simply because we like to eat out in public.
    So, if you don't like the way a restaraunt handles their smoking areas, you are o.k. with the government taking away their rights?

That is where we will disagree. (For starters)

As for the second-hand-smoke subject, there isn't one. You, nor your kids, will get lung cancer from walking through the smoking section of a restaraunt. It is nothing more than a very minor inconvenience.

The very few cases of second-hand-smoke related cancer patients have been people who worked and lived in a smoke-heavy atmosphere. Anything else is drummed-up lies and exaggeration.

As for the smokers that you have known who had complications, they made their own decisions, as I have made mine.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast