Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ..So now what...?

Default ..So now what...?

Hey guys,
    So we were all hyped up about our new O. Coaches. But now that we got out new coaches figured out, what is next?

When will we start to see changed in the roster? I am not familiar with the timeline of free agency and all that crap...when will we start to cut people and pick guys up? Just Feels like not much has been going on in the past week...

The Super Bowl trumps all NFL news this time of year!

I'm still holding out hope the Chiefs can pull out a win somehow!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by jerhart View Post
    Hey guys,
    So we were all hyped up about our new O. Coaches. But now that we got out new coaches figured out, what is next?

When will we start to see changed in the roster? I am not familiar with the timeline of free agency and all that crap...when will we start to cut people and pick guys up? Just Feels like not much has been going on in the past week...
    I amnot certain when the free agency period begins. I will try to find out.

And I'd like to add a couple of potential free agents that draw some interest.

OG Ruben Brown (Chicago Bears) and OG Jason Fabini (Washington Redskins.

Either of these guys could fill a void on our O-line, and may come at a discount, considering that there are bigger names on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    And I'd like to add a couple of potential free agents that draw some interest.

OG Ruben Brown (Chicago Bears) and OG Jason Fabini (Washington Redskins.

Either of these guys could fill a void on our O-line, and may come at a discount, considering that there are bigger names on the market.
    What year are they?

What year are they?
    Neither is young. Fabini will be 34 by the start of the season, and Brown will be 36. But either of them could delay the need for a starter, for a year or two, and help to educate a young backup to be a starter.

we don't need free agents we need young players to build the team. We have nothing but free agents now and look at out line.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    we don't need free agents we need young players to build the team. We have nothing but free agents now and look at out line.

So you are willing to leave the starting positions to a few long-shots and guys who have been unable to crack into our starting lineup, despite the low level of talent above them?

Even if you decide to sink or swim with a fourth/fifth round pick starting, how about some depth? And when do you start complaining about having a terrible O-line... again?

Our O-line is so depleted, that without three first round picks, we are highly unlikely to draft three immediate starters.

But aside from the three starting spots that I feel need to be filled, we could also use some older freeagents to at least back up the starters.

Hey guys,

When we get rid of Carl and Herm.

They know whats up, well maybe not Herm - but carl knows whats up with his job!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast