Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Everyone in Illinois OK?

Default Everyone in Illinois OK?

Just checking to make sure none of the Crowders were involved or hurt during the shooting at the Northern Illinois University earlier.

My prayers go out to everyone.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    The press needs to stop covering this BS!! It's giving too many dumbasses ideas.
    There is something far more disturbing than TV that makes people do this crap. I watch TV and have never shot up anything. I doubt anyone saw a school massacre on TV and thought Hey! Maybe I will try that!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    There is something far more disturbing than TV that makes people do this crap. I watch TV and have never shot up anything. I doubt anyone saw a school massacre on TV and thought Hey! Maybe I will try that!!

Also an excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Also an excellent point.
    I don't know that I would agree with this.

I do agree that those that do it are disturbed, but don't deny that the press covering it gives those disturbed folks the idea.

That being said, it is also the press that lets the public know it is happening, and gives them the opportunity to vote for those who will pass legislation to do something about the problem.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I don't know that I would agree with this.

I do agree that those that do it are disturbed, but don't deny that the press covering it gives those disturbed folks the idea.

That being said, it is also the press that lets the public know it is happening, and gives them the opportunity to vote for those who will pass legislation to do something about the problem.
    So, if no one ever saw it on TV it wouldn't happen? How do you explain the first school shooting?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

So, if no one ever saw it on TV it wouldn't happen? How do you explain the first school shooting?
    I'm not saying "only" those people who do it, did it because they saw it on TV, only that it might influence others who are weak, and just want some infamy before they off themselves.

I don't think it should be censored, just saying it may give mentally deranged folks the idea, had they not thought of it before.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

So the problem is TV control, not gun control?

So the problem is TV control, not gun control?
    Nope.

Just as I believe not every single thing should be allowed on TV, I also believe not every single fire arm available should be allowed to the general public.

I believe in the freedom of speech much more than I believe in the right to bear arms.

I just don't buy that people are shooting up school because they saw it on TV. Maybe they got the idea of a school because they saw it on TV, but the fact is, they were gonna kill a lot of people whether it was a school, office building, subway station or any other public place (where you can't smoke) Sorry 31, had to add that!

I just don't buy that people are shooting up school because they saw it on TV. Maybe they got the idea of a school because they saw it on TV, but the fact is, they were gonna kill a lot of people whether it was a school, office building, subway station or any other public place (where you can't smoke) Sorry 31, had to add that!
    On this we are agreed!

Psycho's generally go to a place where those they feel have oppressed them, and that usually involves others in their age range.

guns have been around for a couple hundred years. how come after the first one happened, there have been a rash of school shootings?

I agree that it should be reported. But once is enough. It doesn't need to be over analysed 22 hours a day, 7 days a week until the next Britney Spears episode.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast