Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The NOT gonna happen list.

Default The NOT gonna happen list.

First off I'd like to say this is for all of us HOPEFULL chief fans who see great free agents that seam as though they would make a good fit for this team go to other teams instead. Infact there is'nt even much talk usually that we show even a little interest in these players, period. So, with that said here is my list of NOT gonna happen....and not even gonna be considered by organization.

1. Donavon Mcnabb. Kc will go into 08 with Brodie as the starter and Damon Huard his back-up. 3rd string will be a late 5-6 rounder who Peterson will say was a "no brainer" choice at that spot. Later cut.

2. Chad Johnson. Unfortionately Jonnie Morton blew any chance of KC taking chances on HIGH profile recievers in Free agency. Draft has been a horrible place for kc when looking for recievers outside of Bowe. Still, that is once again where KC will depend on finding quality help at the positon. Kennison, parker, webb all need to be cut. Webb and Parker have had 3 yr's to prove something...we got nothing. Johnson would be HUGE but he would not agree to come here anyway. EVERYONE in the league know's Brodie is a bust Except KC.

3. OK, I'm gonna just stop calling names out and just put it simple. Any Quality free agent over the age of 24 who could be a possitive, imidiate answer at there respectable position upgrading the roster and improving our team overnight. KC not interested.........

Don't ask me why, ask Carl Paterson.

It is what it is. '08 is going to be a very young football team. The only Vet's are going to be the ones who already exist (if they survive cut's). I do think there is a chance we go after free agent's on the O-line. i think we will draft Long (michigan) and fill spots with young free agents at O-line.

'09 we will have dumped Peterson, there goes Herm.....We go after a new young coach who will take this young team and install some great veteran's who can help lead this team back to the play-offs.

Kc wins it's first playoff game again in 2010.

I'll be there smilin.

Bigchief.....

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Aren't the Browns' linebacking corps pretty average?
    Wimbley is pretty good...not sure about the other 3 starters, but almost any LB will look pretty good when he only has to worry about the outside run. With 3 DTs playing D-line there won't be much pass rush, but interior runs will be pretty much stuffed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Wimbley is pretty good...not sure about the other 3 starters, but almost any LB will look pretty good when he only has to worry about the outside run. With 3 DTs playing D-line there won't be much pass rush, but interior runs will be pretty much stuffed.
    The reason I love the 3-4 is because you get to blitz one LB, without it being a true blitz. You are still only rushing four, and who knows where that fourth rusher is going to be coming from. There are at least four possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    The reason I love the 3-4 is because you get to blitz one LB, without it being a true blitz. You are still only rushing four, and who knows where that fourth rusher is going to be coming from. There are at least four possibilities.
    Actually by my count there are 6...as usually in a 3-4 your safeties have to be hard hitting types like Rodney Harrison, Polamalu, etc, and those guys make good pass rushers.

I agree on the 3-4, the problem is there aren't enough great DTs to make the 3-4 work for all the teams, additionally the 3-4 can be pretty weak against teams that have a good power running game as the LBs tend to be spread out in formation.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Wait a minute, I messed up. As long as the self-medication keeps your mind off your knees being destroyed. That's what I meant.

I'm going through that right now; taking Aleave and using Aspricream to dull my knee pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I'm going through that right now; taking Aleave and using Aspricream to dull my knee pain.
    What does your doc say?

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Actually by my count there are 6...as usually in a 3-4 your safeties have to be hard hitting types like Rodney Harrison, Polamalu, etc, and those guys make good pass rushers.

I agree on the 3-4, the problem is there aren't enough great DTs to make the 3-4 work for all the teams, additionally the 3-4 can be pretty weak against teams that have a good power running game as the LBs tend to be spread out in formation.
    You guys should be D coordinators!

What does your doc say?
    Fire Carl and Herm and call me in the morning!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

CB blitzes are far from unheard of too. So, that leaves the opponents blocking unit guess at which one of eight different players is gonna be rushing. But, that is only if the 3-4 chooses not to rush a fifth (or more) player.

I think that Cleveland may have assembled such a group of DTs. We will have to wait and see.

I think that Cleveland may have assembled such a group of DTs. We will have to wait and see.
    They might have, but Rogers has proven he only shows up every once in awhile. If he had a motor, he'd be a monster.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

What does your doc say?
    I'll see him Wednesday.

I'll see him Wednesday.
    Are you off work until your knee gets better?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011