Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Watch out for texaschief!

Default Watch out for texaschief!

If he sees this on the news it might make him go out and do it too!
    Explosion Rocks West Texas Oil Refinery

47 minutes ago

BIG SPRING, Texas (AP) — A sheriff's dispatcher says an explosion rocked an oil refinery in western Texas.
    It's unclear whether there are injuries or whether a fire is burning at the refinery owned by Dallas-based Alon USA, which employs about 170 people and produces about 70,000 barrels a day.

Howard County sheriff's dispatcher, who declined to give her name, said: "All I know is that it blew up."

John Moseley, managing editor of the Big Spring Herald, heard the Monday morning blast and said, "I thought it would knock the walls down."

Blake Lewis, a spokesman for Alon USA, said the company had an unconfirmed report of an incident but did not know any details. He said a plant manager was on the way to the site.

Big Spring is about halfway between Dallas and El Paso.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...y7T6AD8USQ3K83

(Couldn't resist!)
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I'm not saying every school shooting is caused by bullying by peers.

You can be sure those shooters were mentally unstable, but they probably had something in their past to provoke the behavior.
    no doubt, but to blame bullies is juvenile. these people are adults making major decisions. if it were bullies, don't you think these people would be tying to kill certain "bullies" as they go thru their rampages? There is no link to the people who are shooting and their victims.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    no doubt, but to blame bullies is juvenile. these people are adults making major decisions. if it were bullies, don't you think these people would be tying to kill certain "bullies" as they go thru their rampages? There is no link to the people who are shooting and their victims.
    You have made it obviously clear that you have never been bullied, but you have also made it clear that you have no tolerance for people who are not "Normal". Keep on livin' in that bubble brother!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Are you kidding me? Bullying has been around forever...as has guns. But all of a sudden we get this rash of school shootings because of "bullying?????"

Give me a break. These kids need good parenting or someone who will pay them some attention. They see all this attention school shootings get and that's what they crave.

So, it's all the "normal" people's fault for thinking that a person who could potentially shoot up a school is wierd and wouldn't want to be associated with that person? I'm not advocating hazing or anything like that, but if someone wants attention and not to be thought of strangely, they need to get some social skills and become people FRIENDLY, not secluded and deadly.
    Is this the first time that someone has stood up to a bully?? Guns were not as easily accessible to a high school kid 40 years ago. Things got settled with fists. Now guns and drugs are everywhere and that is where the "troubled youth" gravitates to. It levels the bullying field.

And what is NORMAL? The "cool" clothes and the Nike running shoes. To be cast out by your "NORMAL" people and then to turn around and say that they need some social skills and they need to become friendly. Why not learn a little tolerance of people who do not fit into your mold.

These things need to be shown on the news to people whose ignorance blinds them to the glaring problem staring them in the face!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I never said these people need conform to what YOU think is the "cool" crowd, but if they are so "normal" shouldn't they be able to find other people to hang out who have the same interests?....you know, other than shooting up schools.

I never said these people need conform to what YOU think is the "cool" crowd, but if they are so "normal" shouldn't they be able to find other people to hang out who have the same interests?....you know, other than shooting up schools.
    I asked you what "Normal" was? So...what is normal.

And yes tehy should be able to find friends and people to hang out with and if they can't....then what? I don't know if you ever noticed but not everyone fits in. What are the ones who don't fit in supposed to do? Your previous statements have led me to believe that you feel it is their fault for not fitting in and whatever cruel behaviour directed towards them is their own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I asked you what "Normal" was? So...what is normal.

And yes tehy should be able to find friends and people to hang out with and if they can't....then what? I don't know if you ever noticed but not everyone fits in. What are the ones who don't fit in supposed to do? Your previous statements have led me to believe that you feel it is their fault for not fitting in and whatever cruel behaviour directed towards them is their own fault.
    It's all about treating people they way you yourself would like to be treated; a basic rule of human decency.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345