Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jared Allen is gonna get paid!!!

Default Jared Allen is gonna get paid!!!

Chiefs place franchise tag on DE Allen

NFL.com

The Chiefs have placed its franchise tag on defensive end Jared Allen, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter. The move could keep Allen in Kansas City for one more year, but it will likely be the last one for Allen.
    Defensive endsPlayerTotal
    Julius Peppers
    $12,437,500
    Jason Taylor
    $9,519,625
    Justin Smith
    $8,644,000
    Jevon Kearse
    $7,063,890
    Michael Strahan
    $6,728,285
    Franchise: $8.879 millionTransition: $7.679 million

"If I play under the franchise tag, this will be my last year with the Chiefs," Allen told NFL.com at the Pro Bowl. "I would like to be a part of (the team) but there is a business aspect of this, too."
    Allen was suspended for the first four games of the 2007 and later had it trimmed to only two games. Allen responded by having one of the best seasons of his career. Allen registered a career-high 15.5 sacks in only 14 games and almost single-handedly won a few games for the Chiefs with his defense, to earn his first Pro Bowl invitation -- the first for a Chiefs defensive player in five years.
    The franchise designation will guarantee that Allen is paid $8.88 million next season, the average salary of the five highest-paid defensive ends. Teams can name a player an exclusive franchise tag, committing to a minimum offer of the average of the top five salaries at a player's position, a 20 percent raise from his 2007 salary or the average of the top five salaries at his position -- whichever is highest. That keeps other clubs from talking to the player.

Saw this coming a mile away. I hope they can find a way to ink him so this doesn't get ugly.

Yea, me too. I was just hoping they could come to some agreement but I guess it's official now!! At a boy CP!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Yea, me too. I was just hoping they could come to some agreement but I guess it's official now!! At a boy CP!!
    Well, the Colts tagged Freeney, then wound-up getting a deal done with him anyway. Hopefully, the Chiefs can do that with J.A.

Although, seein' as how they haven't made him one single offer, I doubt that they are concerned with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Saw this coming a mile away. I hope they can find a way to ink him so this doesn't get ugly.
    I thought this would happen. Did not want it, I would rather we signed him with out using the tag!
    cp at his at his best! :character00270: Dragging us down the S hole! Why can't cp sign a great player to a fair deal with out causing turmoil. You have a great player, he needs a fair contract, at least give a offer, and start the negotiations!

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, the Colts tagged Freeney, then wound-up getting a deal done with him anyway. Hopefully, the Chiefs can do that with J.A.
    Although, seein' as how they haven't made him one single offer, I doubt that they are concerned with it.
    Hopefully this is just BS to get a deal done!

This is bad news. Allen seems like the kind of guy that will stick to his guns. If he says this is his last year, I would tend to believe it is his last year. Good job Peterson you freaking moron.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I feel sick.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

More of CP's short sighted idiocy. Watch Jared play like crap now just for spite.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

Exactly what I was thinkin!! Not ONE fricken offer!!! Not even a low ball offer. Nothin!! If this deal doesn't get done, will you still feel that CP is doing a good or ok job?

Exactly what I was thinkin!! Not ONE fricken offer!!! Not even a low ball offer. Nothin!! If this deal doesn't get done, will you still feel that CP is doing a good or ok job?
    I don't know anybody who thinks that!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast