Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We need a CB ehh?

Default We need a CB ehh?

INDIANAPOLIS -- The chances of star cornerback DeAngelo Hall suiting up for the Atlanta Falcons next season?
    "Slim to none," said the fifth-year player on Friday.

In town for the annual NFL Scouting Combine, Hall spoke with reporters outside the RCA Dome and reiterated his view that he does not have a future with the franchise.

Asked if there was any chance he could reach harmony with the team, he responded: "I don't think so, I mean it's a little bit of a thing of betrayal. I feel like we were all kind of stabbed in the back. Who's to say if I come out and play this year that they won't come out and franchise me the following year. There's no guarantee."

Hall, who made it clear that he did not demand a trade and that it was the team that initiated trade talks, refused to speculate on where he might land.

"I'll go anywhere," he said. "Anywhere that wants me."

As for the time frame of when he expects to get traded, he admitted he was unsure but hoped it was sooner rather than later.

"It's just a mutual respect thing," he said. "If (the Falcons) are gonna move me and don't want to re-do my contract, can we get it done in a timely fashion? I have a family, too. I have kids, they're in school. I have a wife. I would like to get myself situated, get my family situated, figure out what city I'm going to be playing for, what team colors I'm gonna be rocking, and go from there."

"With that being said, I really honestly don't think it could be a situation that waits for the draft, but could it? Sure it could, yeah. Anything could happen."

Hall said he is not demanding a contract extension from whatever team trades for him and that he is willing to play out the last year left on his deal.

The Hall era in Atlanta went well for three years as Hall became one of the best cover cornerbacks in the league and earned successive trips to the Pro Bowl in 2005 and 2006.

The relationship soured in 2007, though. Hall got into a highly publicized rift with then-head coach Bobby Petrino after getting a series of personal foul penalties during a loss to Carolina in Week 3, and then was critical of the team's decision to release DT Grady Jackson following a Week 7 loss to the Saints.

While his attitude has at times been questioned, his skills are immense and he figures to be a hot commodity on the trade market.

Hall was invited to the combine to speak to the prospects about life in the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=...o&confirm=true

no. not unless we are ready to give up LJ. This trade would have to resemble something like the Clinton Portis/Champ Bailey deal. I'd be all for it, but i just don't see Atlanta taking ONLY an injured LJ for their best player. We'd have to throw in a first or second round pick....now THAT i would not be in favor of.

This team is trying to build thru the draft and giving up 1st or 2nd rounders isn't going to help....especially the O-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    no. not unless we are ready to give up LJ. This trade would have to resemble something like the Clinton Portis/Champ Bailey deal. I'd be all for it, but i just don't see Atlanta taking ONLY an injured LJ for their best player. We'd have to throw in a first or second round pick....now THAT i would not be in favor of.

This team is trying to build thru the draft and giving up 1st or 2nd rounders isn't going to help....especially the O-Line.
    Well, I'm sure you will like the sounds of this...

Corner back?
    The Chiefs are expected to release cornerback Ty Law instead of paying him a $6.5 million base salary in 2008, which would put Law back onto the free agent market.

Law, 33, spent the last two seasons in Kansas City and did not miss a game, recording six interceptions over that span.

Some observers felt the Chiefs' desire to play more man coverage was not the best fit for Law, although Law, who believes he has 2-3 solid seasons left in him, might contest that.

The 2008 campaign will mark Law's 14th in the NFL, and considering that the Patriots could be looking for corners, his potential return to Foxborough would add a dash of spice to the offseason.

Assuming Law is released, those close to him say he would be open to the possibility of a return - if the price is right.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...father/?page=4

yeah, i posted that a week ago on some other thread. i forgot which one. ...but you're right, i DO like that.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post

I can promise you there will be no LJ for Hall trade!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    ....Damn.

Not likely that we could dole out the cash for him, but would be nice.

About the best we can do right now is hope Carl and Herm don't screw up this draft.

I would still like to see Hall here.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    About the best we can do right now is hope Carl and Herm don't screw up this draft.

I would still like to see Hall here.
    I second that!

But, I don't see him doing it

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I'm curous how you can make such a promise.....

I think the trade makes sense. I understand it is not likely though. This trade would give atl a bonfide rb and then they could draft Matt Ryan in the 1st rd. I think Carl would be the one that isn't willing to make this trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast