Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: NFL Combine...

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default NFL Combine...


    0 Not allowed!
    Just watched Jake Long run a 5.17 and a 5.27 forty.

  2. #11
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Just watched Jake Long run a 5.17 and a 5.27 forty.
    I understand that he topped all o-linemen with 37 bench-reps too.

  3. #12
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I understand that he topped all o-linemen with 37 bench-reps too.
    You understand correctly!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

  4. #13
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I understand that he topped all o-linemen with 37 bench-reps too.
    Yea, I watched that too. I think there was 225 on the bar.

  5. #14
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I understand that he topped all o-linemen with 37 bench-reps too.
    WOW!


  6. #15
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Herm learning a lesson about offense? Hope with Herm? No comprendo!
    Yep, does not compute.


  7. #16
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,106
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Yea, I watched that too. I think there was 225 on the bar.
    He doesn't look like any of the other o-linemen in this clas, or in the NFL for that matter. They all look like linemen, and Jake looks like a pro wrestler, or a super hero.

    He is just tall, and ripped, and those long-assed arms are just ridiculous.

    But, if he is gone, and we can move down a few spots, I wouldn't mind either a Clady, or an Otah. There are quite a few OTs that seem like they would work well in the NFL.

    We could even pick up a guy like Cherilus in the second round maybe.

    Although, I would much rather see us show that we take the position seriously enough to make it our first round priority... and then some.

  8. #17
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    27,899
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 403

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    He doesn't look like any of the other o-linemen in this clas, or in the NFL for that matter. They all look like linemen, and Jake looks like a pro wrestler, or a super hero.

    He is just tall, and ripped, and those long-assed arms are just ridiculous.

    But, if he is gone, and we can move down a few spots, I wouldn't mind either a Clady, or an Otah. There are quite a few OTs that seem like they would work well in the NFL.

    We could even pick up a guy like Cherilus in the second round maybe.

    Although, I would much rather see us show that we take the position seriously enough to make it our first round priority... and then some.
    You, me and most every other Chiefs fan, but remember we're talking about Carl and Herm here.


  9. #18
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Guys the most important number to you is 4.33...yep that's Darren McFadden's 40-time. Why is that important...because in all likelihood the crazy guy from Chokeland will grab him despite not needing another running back, leaving Mr Jake Long to your team. Jake Long in skills, strength and size is very similar to Larry Allen. Larry Allen has consistently won the NFL strongest man (bench press) at the Pro Bowl with around 38-40 reps on the bench....sounds like Jake will be the new perrennial winner.

    As another indicator of Jake Long's dominance look at the skill players from Michigan. Hart was thought to be a stud running back after running behind Jake Long, but he only put up a 4.67 40-time, and a 28-inch vertical. His dominance was completely created by the line (mostly Long)...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  10. #19
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,246
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    When your O-line makes holes, it's pretty easy for anyone playing RB to get nice yardage eh? Perhaps, even Chiefster!
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

  11. #20
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RIGHT NEXT TO ARROWHEAD!
    Posts
    18,752
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    When your O-line makes holes, it's pretty easy for anyone playing RB to get nice yardage eh? Perhaps, even Chiefster!
    Only if he supercharges his Rascal!

    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •