Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Best and Worst Moments as Chiefs Fans

Default Best and Worst Moments as Chiefs Fans

One of my worst moments was watching Lin Elliot in the playoffs verse the Colts- I dont think I have ever yelled at the T.V. so much in my life, the defense we came to the playoffs with I felt real confident in. Great moments to name a couple- (well for everyone's FYI I am from Atlanta) I was at a bar down here called SideLines I came in with my Priest Holmes jersey on the only Chief fan in the place- I got to listen to all the Falcon fans during the pregame then our Chiefs reeled off a 52-7 beating that left me the only won talking **** (especially b/c I had a few pitchers of Bud Light) another was watching our Chiefs get in the playoffs this year, my girl bought me tickets to the Jaguars game for x-mas and we drove up to watch us win and then get in

Worst Chiefs moment...Had to be the Christmas Day overtime loss to the Dolphins, 1970? Anyway, the excitement leading up to the game was like an extra gift all wrapped in beautiful Christmas paper and ribbon. The game wasn't on the TV, so Dad and my brother and I were gathered together in the front room with a radio and the surroundings of Christmas. As the game pressed into the fourth quarter, it became just too dramatic of an event to experience with each other. So, the trio of Chiefs fans quietly parted company to endure the unknown in private. At the bitter conclusion, father and sons spent the remainder of that Christmas day in silent sorrow.

Best Chiefs moment...Aside from my first game at old Munciple stadium and first at Arrowhead, I would have to say attending the Pro Bowl at Arrowhead. It was such a cold day, but it paid off...my brother and I made our way to just above the players' tunnel and hit pay-dirt!! We came away with Minnesota Vikings great Alan Page's chin strap and Viking RB Chuck Foreman's wrist band...BTW-Foreman was the Rookie of the Year that season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Worst Chiefs moment...Had to be the Christmas Day overtime loss to the Dolphins, 1970? Anyway, the excitement leading up to the game was like an extra gift all wrapped in beautiful Christmas paper and ribbon. The game wasn't on the TV, so Dad and my brother and I were gathered together in the front room with a radio and the surroundings of Christmas. As the game pressed into the fourth quarter, it became just too dramatic of an event to experience with each other. So, the trio of Chiefs fans quietly parted company to endure the unknown in private. At the bitter conclusion, father and sons spent the remainder of that Christmas day in silent sorrow.

Best Chiefs moment...Aside from my first game at old Munciple stadium and first at Arrowhead, I would have to say attending the Pro Bowl at Arrowhead. It was such a cold day, but it paid off...my brother and I made our way to just above the players' tunnel and hit pay-dirt!! We came away with Minnesota Vikings great Alan Page's chin strap and Viking RB Chuck Foreman's wrist band...BTW-Foreman was the Rookie of the Year that season as well.

Ya know it's too bad that you don't have more chiefs experiences. LOL!
    j/k

when did thy hold the probowl at arrowhead-
    you have the chiefs in your blood

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    I wondered the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    Hey, I remember that game, I also remember that on one of the TD's (I don't remember who made it) the player run over to the poster on the fence with a picture of Buddy Ryan on it, and spit in Ryan's face. I ROIFL. Never will forget that one. (GRIN).

:Sports Car: :armee_smilies108:
    That was Keith Cash(TE) catching a late touchdown in Houston during the playoffs from Joe M. after beating the Steelers and before the losing to the Bills. Houston was on a roll winning 8or9 games and were atleast 10 point favorites and we kicked their butts. Also(if my memory is correct) Cash didn't spit on Ryan he just threw the ball at the old fart's picture on a banner in the endzone and didn't spit on it. I could be wrong but it's one of the only good playoff memory in recent past.Was that our last playoff win??

:character0091:
    jgunn1966
    Morgantown,WV
    Willie L. and D.T.
    Were the BEST!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post
    That was Keith Cash(TE) catching a late touchdown in Houston during the playoffs from Joe M. after beating the Steelers and before the losing to the Bills. Houston was on a roll winning 8or9 games and were atleast 10 point favorites and we kicked their butts. Also(if my memory is correct) Cash didn't spit on Ryan he just threw the ball at the old fart's picture on a banner in the endzone and didn't spit on it. I could be wrong but it's one of the only good playoff memory in recent past.Was that our last playoff win??

I wanna say no, but I can't think of a more recent playoff win. :(

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jgunn1966 View Post

You could be right j, my 70 year old memory may be a bit hazy, I remember one of the players doing something to the picture. Was that the game where our QB ran the ball for a TD when Buddy Ryans defense was so sure that the Chiefs were going to run the ball?

:H2: :violent-smiley-080:
    Go Chiefs Eleven, win
    in 2007!!:fighting0068:

Quote Originally Posted by kenny1937 View Post
    You could be right j, my 70 year old memory may be a bit hazy, I remember one of the players doing something to the picture. Was that the game where our QB ran the ball for a TD when Buddy Ryans defense was so sure that the Chiefs were going to run the ball?

:H2: :violent-smiley-080:

Nope two different games. The one where cash spit on Buddy Ryans picture was in the "93" season playoffs. The one your talking about was in "95", I think, against the Arizona Cardinals when Buddy Ryan was head coach; you know the "winner".

Quote Originally Posted by TheLateGreat#58Fan View Post
    The 1974 AFC-NFC Pro Bowl was played on January 20, 1974 at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri. The final Score was AFC 15, NFC 13. Kicker Garo Yepremian of the Miami Dolphins was the game's MVP. The attendance for the game was 66,918. In the game Garo Yepremian set a Pro Bowl record with 5 field goals in the game, that still stands today

Worst moment: Leaving the dinner after my grandfather's funeral to check the Chiefs / Colts game this year.

Best moment: Raiders at home on Sunday night six or seven years back, riding a brew bus to the game, tailgating for an hour, sitting in the endzone, drinking too much with my cousin, Chiefs score 3 first quarter TD's in our end-zone, ball doesn't leave our end of the field for the entire first quarter. It was something like TD, blocked punt, TD, turn-over, TD or something like that. The rest of the game / night is a little fuzzy...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast