Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency....what to do, what to do...

Default Free Agency....what to do, what to do...

Well its here whats everyone licking their chops for. It seems to me the Chiefs could take some of their money and go after what we all know was a problem in 07. Offensive Line, Faneca (however you spell his name out of Pit) is mulling over where to go. He would be a definate upgrade.

If the Chiefs are banking on getting Jake Long in the draft they, might get surprised by the Raiders. It wouldn't surprise me if that idiot in Oakland drafted Long just to be an a-hole knowing the Chiefs want Long.

Anyways what else you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Well its here whats everyone licking their chops for. It seems to me the Chiefs could take some of their money and go after what we all know was a problem in 07. Offensive Line, Faneca (however you spell his name out of Pit) is mulling over where to go. He would be a definate upgrade.

If the Chiefs are banking on getting Jake Long in the draft they, might get surprised by the Raiders. It wouldn't surprise me if that idiot in Oakland drafted Long just to be an a-hole knowing the Chiefs want Long.

Anyways what else you guys think?
    Right now Jacque Reeves is the more interesting name in the media as far as a free agent the Chiefs are interested in. Maybe Bernard Berian? I've already tried to talk about Faneca on another post. It doesn't look like that will happen anyway.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Fanecca isn't even being mentioned in relation with KC...and rightfully so. Fanecca is the type of player to put a contending team over the top; not for a rebuilding team to use as a cornerstone. You're gonna see FAs younger than 28 being signed.

Word is Faneca might be going to my Niners...not sure how to feel about that...he's been an incredible talent, but we'll then have a bunch of money invested in 2 aging offensive linemen (Faneca & Larry Allen). Better get really good, really quick.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

yeah, i'm not sure i like either of those signings for the 49ers either. In some areas they are ahead of the Chiefs, but overall, i think they're further behind in rebuilding than the Chiefs are. IMO

Well at least we've got out kickers all lined up!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Faneca just signed a 4 year deal totaling 32 million with 23 guaranteed to play for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Faneca just signed a 4 year deal totaling 32 million with 23 guaranteed to play for the Jets.
    Well there goes that. I guess my thinking was the Chiefs know that thier line is no good. If they picked up a good FA on the line such as Faneca (which it looks like everyone here spells differently, lol), then draft a talented OL like Jake Long. They could bouce back a lot quicker, IMO.

To go after Berrian is no better than what the Chiefs have. Berrian might be a little faster than Samie Parker, but neither one can catch the damn ball. I'm liking a possible 1-2 punch with LJ and Kolby Smith so investing in some offensive line to keep the pressure off the QB, whoever it will be, and RBs will go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    Well there goes that. I guess my thinking was the Chiefs know that thier line is no good. If they picked up a good FA on the line such as Faneca (which it looks like everyone here spells differently, lol), then draft a talented OL like Jake Long. They could bouce back a lot quicker, IMO.

To go after Berrian is no better than what the Chiefs have. Berrian might be a little faster than Samie Parker, but neither one can catch the damn ball. I'm liking a possible 1-2 punch with LJ and Kolby Smith so investing in some offensive line to keep the pressure off the QB, whoever it will be, and RBs will go a long way.
    I am still interested (unless I missed his signing) in OT J. Fabini from Washington. Although that would make less sense to many if we do wind-up drafting Long. But I want to see MacIntosh get forced to the interior of the o-line. Or at least to the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I am still interested (unless I missed his signing) in OT J. Fabini from Washington. Although that would make less sense to many if we do wind-up drafting Long. But I want to see MacIntosh get forced to the interior of the o-line. Or at least to the right side.
    I'm all for getting the O line built up through FA and the draft!

Sign Fabini if he's any good!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast