Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boomer Grigsby Update

Default Boomer Grigsby Update

Boomer Grigsby Update

Warpaint Illustrated has confirmed that Fullback Boomer Grigsby was not tendered a contract by the Chiefs. Technically he's a free agent but the team still holds his rights and can match any offer his agent brings to the Chiefs.

Right now we've been told that both the Miami Dolphins and Carolina Panthers are prepared to offer him a new contract. However, I would not rule out his return to the Chiefs.

If he had been tendered Boomer would have received $915,000 and that would put him in the top five paid fullbacks in the NFL. Thus the Chiefs are likely going to offer him the NFL rookie salary for fourth year players at roughly $550,000.

Give Boomer a chance!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I'm not really sold on Boomer. I think he could have done a better job of blocking. On that note T-Rich is a FA again. hmmm.....He did a good job in Min this past year. He is old but still blocking good and clearing the way for the RB.

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    I'm not really sold on Boomer. I think he could have done a better job of blocking. On that note T-Rich is a FA again. hmmm.....He did a good job in Min this past year. He is old but still blocking good and clearing the way for the RB.
    that would not be a bad deal, either Tony or Lorenzo Neal

I would loooooove to see T-Rich in the Red and Gold again!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I would loooooove to see T-Rich in the Red and Gold again!!
    Me too. Wish we had never let him go!

I think T-Rich likes making AP look good. I doubt Carl would swallow his pride and give him what he wants to come back.

Sucks.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    I think T-Rich likes making AP look good. I doubt Carl would swallow his pride and give him what he wants to come back.

Sucks.
    He did with Edwards. Plus the Viks just signed an FA Fullback from Philli. Come on CP, get T-Rich back!!! (If I say it three times in the mirror it will come true right?)

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmith View Post
    He did with Edwards. Plus the Viks just signed an FA Fullback from Philli. Come on CP, get T-Rich back!!! (If I say it three times in the mirror it will come true right?)
    I assume you mean Donnie and not Herm?

I'm still scratching my head over that whole fiasco.

One thing we gotta remember is that boomer never really played that much , other than special teams. He had very little time at fullback and was just starting to light people up coming outa the backfield at the end of the season. I say we give him a chance . Besides he is a stand up guy off the field. That is very rare to come by now days . He is an extremely hard worker and will only get better. he has never played fullback for one thing until last year . I really hope we keep him and give him a full year to let him earn his job. Plus my wife thinks hes hot and who will we get to party with in the parking lot after the game ? That was a highlight for me to be able to tailgate right next to his family and have him come out and hang out with us .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast