Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oline Help

Default Oline Help

So I am wondering where the Oline help is coming from during free agency? You can only do so much in the draft. Jake Long could help alot, but there are five postitions on the oline last time I checked.
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry68 View Post
    So I am wondering where the Oline help is coming from during free agency? You can only do so much in the draft. Jake Long could help alot, but there are five postitions on the oline last time I checked.
    But you only have to fill 3, maybe even 2 spots depending on how the organization feels about the guys they already have. Brian Waters is still here and McIntosh wil probably be moved to the interior on/or right side. Tre Stallings has excited some people as has Herb Taylor while they were on the practice squads. Will Svitek just needs to stay healthy and he could be servicable as well. I don't know much about Anthony Alabi from Miami.

All the Chiefs really need to do is find a pair of Guards and an OT or a pair of OTs and a guard depending on how they use McIntosh. The first guard taken probably wont come off the board till late in the 2nd or early 3rd. Where the Chiefs are selecting in the draft, if they choose, they could take a pair of OTs with their first 2 selections and both would probably be immediate starters.

Personally, i think if J. Long is gone by #5, you'll see the Chiefs take Gholston if they don't trade out. The question will be who will still be available at the OT position at #35.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    But you only have to fill 3, maybe even 2 spots depending on how the organization feels about the guys they already have. Brian Waters is still here and McIntosh wil probably be moved to the interior on/or right side. Tre Stallings has excited some people as has Herb Taylor while they were on the practice squads. Will Svitek just needs to stay healthy and he could be servicable as well. I don't know much about Anthony Alabi from Miami.

All the Chiefs really need to do is find a pair of Guards and an OT or a pair of OTs and a guard depending on how they use McIntosh. The first guard taken probably wont come off the board till late in the 2nd or early 3rd. Where the Chiefs are selecting in the draft, if they choose, they could take a pair of OTs with their first 2 selections and both would probably be immediate starters.

Personally, i think if J. Long is gone by #5, you'll see the Chiefs take Gholston if they don't trade out. The question will be who will still be available at the OT position at #35.
    Maybe Otah from Pitt or Cherilus from BC. I think the guy from Vandy(can't think of his name) will be gone by then.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I agree with the gholston assumption. This guy is a scary athlete and the versatility of position options while developing him is huge. I like him a lot.

Not to mention it would definately throw some water on this current JA fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    I agree with the gholston assumption. This guy is a scary athlete and the versatility of position options while developing him is huge. I like him a lot.

Not to mention it would definately throw some water on this current JA fire.
    Really? I think it would fan the flames. Bringing in a guy who could turn into the next Shawn Merriman would seem to me that the Chiefs would be preparing for life AFTER JA.

Did we sign anyone today?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

No one from the Oline to my knowledge.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Crap.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Really? I think it would fan the flames. Bringing in a guy who could turn into the next Shawn Merriman would seem to me that the Chiefs would be preparing for life AFTER JA.
    Yeah. I mean for after JA. I am just afraid that is sooner than later. If he really doesn't want to be here i just dont think the chiefs are gonna compensate monitarily to get him to stay. I hope I am wrong. So gholston just seems like the perfect solution to him leaving or being traded. I would hate it if we reached to far at pick five just for the sake of taking an o line.

Don't forget it is important for depth on the oline it is rare that all five starters start every game all year. It is to easy to blow a knee or ankle, I know from experience playing oline.
    Damn it, now go out there and hurt someone!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast