Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad move by the front office?

Default Bad move by the front office?

I just don't understand this move picking up Williams at all!

Here we have Jared Allen one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and we won't give him the time of day but we go out and throw money at Bell errrrrrrrr Williams.

I understand Donnie Edwards is getting older and probably won't be here much longer. But we have 10 draft picks. Edwards still has some life in him and we gave him this semi big contract last year. So why not draft a LB in the 3rd round and groom him to take Donnies place in a year or 2?? This move makes sense if we plan on releasing Donnie but won't that leave a big cap hit?

I just think this money could have gone to Allen right now and made him happy. I fear losing Allen is a GIANT step backwards for our defense. Plus we need a CB.... OL help DT help ectectect. The only spots i felt good about going into the off season were the LB's.

This just seems like another pointless move by Carl Peterson.

OK I'm done *****ing. Sigh.

I feel like the defense will be adequate no matter the works now that we have only-defensive herm edwards.

Nonetheless, this free agency is already KILLING me. I read somewhere that we didnt want any old vets.. that makes some sense, BUT we can't get a consistent year without some.
    CB's gone, O-line gone, WR's running out (but dont worry, we'll ignore them too). Dunn and Wilson are on market.. so were really favoring T.Zales here cuz he's upcoming. Man I really hope the draft is magic, cuz this is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
    the chiefs are sure betting alot that are up and coming young lineman will pan out. maybe they should go and try to sign Scott for the guard opening. aleast get somemore experience on the line.
    I am thinking that if herm and queen cp want to get younger, I say what the he77, build the o-line through the draft, but dammit sign Jared Allen to a good deal. Scew what we could get if we trade him! I would rather trade LJ, than let JA get away. If Jared is not happy being a Chief! Make him a fair offer, if he is still not happy! Well then he is not a true Chief!

Quote Originally Posted by DMN View Post
    What do you guys think about the WR spot? Webb surely isnt a #2. And though Tony G is an obvious weapon. Do you think that we need a legit second to avoid the double coverage of Bowe all season.

With our QB situation it seems we need all the options we can get to make a play.

Plus helping out our run game by proving we arent one dimentional by being able to pass. I am sure LJ would love to not look 8 defenders in the face at the start of every play.
    I've thought we needed another WR for two years. Kennison was old last year. What we have will not be sufficient again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytray View Post
    "But if they were linemen we could build our line around. their old team probably wouldn't have let them go"

Could we have built our D around samuel? Yes. But NE let him go. Could we have built our OL with a 26 yr old Jeff Faine or the 26 yr old Justin Smiley?? Absolutely we could. But those guys are gone because we didnt jump on the ball. I do agree there are still some names out there in the OL FA that would fit our team.. My argument is this. Every year we ***** and moan about the weakness of our team and every year Carl doesn't make that big move to improve the team. If you remember when our offense was a joke and we went out and got vermil. What big name did we get? Can you name one? I can't. We took a chance on a busted up RB and a busted up QB. Lucky for us it worked out (for a few years) But our D was a piece of **** and we never did anything to fix it while we had a great offense. So I guess it's back to the drawing board again huh?

When do the royals start losing again? I can't wait:)
    First off, just because we want Samuel or Faine or Smiley doesn't mean they want to be here. Obviously Asante wanted to be in Philly and Faine didn't want to come here. Don't forget, 30 other teams missed out on those two players as well. But you're talking about 3 guys. ONLY 3.

I agree, it would've been nice to bring those guys in. In fact, i bet the organization tried hard to bring those guys in....as did several others around the league.

As for Vermeil, you're right, we didn't bring in too many big names other than Roaf, which was previously mentioned....which means what?....we built that offense primarily thru the draft. Most of the O-line was drafted here, as was LJ and a couple of the WRs.

I had been following Priest since his days at Texas and believe me, he was no "busted up" RB. He had 2 small injuries. The first, he missed some time and while he was out, some guy named Ricky Williams took his spot in the line up at Texas. The second injury came before he lost his job to some other guy named Jamal Lewis. Again, both were small injuries, but he just happened to have a pair of stud RBs behind him when they occured.

Trent Green wasn't "busted up" either. He had one injury and Kurt Warner decided to become the oldest phenom is league history.

Green was hurt when he signed with the chiefs remember? Remember how after the first year he was here and threw like 26 INT's vermeil openly said his knee was not 100% at the time?
    and no we didn't build the OL through the draft when dick was here. Roaf, Wiegmann, Waters, Sampson, Black, Welbourn all FA. We drafted Tait but couldn't keep him because Carl pissed the guy off. Oh and doesn't the Allen Carl situation look a lot like the Tait Carl thing?

Name a WR Carl and Dick drafted that is still here... Please. Or even a WR that put up.... 800 + yards.
    LJ was the best move they made while those 2 were together. AND Dick hated the fact we drafted LJ. I think he wanted to draft Ryan Sims JR.

I'm not saying we should have signed Samuel or any other big name free agent that's not my point. My point is we are not looking into the positions we need the most and OL is the most important area right now.
    I know it's still early and I have my fingers crossed.But judging from past history with Carl.... It's going to be another long off season.

A whole lot of great analysis here guys!

Keep it up and maybe Carl will listen!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

in my opinion the allen situation will happen once the chiefs have to. right now he is on the back burner.
    I agree. Carl will see how much money is left after they sign their draft picks. If there is money, they will sign JA. If not, they have him franchised anyway.

What do you guys think about the WR spot? Webb surely isnt a #2. And though Tony G is an obvious weapon. Do you think that we need a legit second to avoid the double coverage of Bowe all season.
    I think we still need a #2 WR. I know Javon Walker hit the market this week. Do you guys think there is any chance that we take a stab at him? D.Bowe/J.Walker/T.Gonzo. Now that's what I'm talking about!! You give the Qb some protection with that WR corp and suddenly Brodie looks decent. Especially considering the defense still has to stay honest to the run because of LJ. I think they should look at Walker.

FYI, Carl has already said publicly that the Chiefs would not be active in the free agency market. The increase in cap means that many free agents will be getting much bigger deals than they deserve. The Chiefs are focused on drafting 10 people and getting them signed.

"I agree. Carl will see how much money is left after they sign their draft picks. If there is money, they will sign JA. If not, they have him franchised anyway."

You do understand that if we let Allen play 2008 under the franchise tag he will not return right? Then where are we? Back to the drawing board let again! If we don't re sign Allen it will be one of the biggest mistakes in CP term here.

I love the idea of walker coming in! I think it's a great fit on the other side of bowe.

If this happens... Or we do sign a solid number 2 guy then how do we protect Croyle?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytray View Post
    You do understand that if we let Allen play 2008 under the franchise tag he will not return right? Then where are we? Back to the drawing board let again! If we don't re sign Allen it will be one of the biggest mistakes in CP term here.
    Not so fast. Briggs was franchised by the Bears last year. If you notice on the front page of our website, http://www.ChiefsCrowd.com , Briggs just signed a 6-yr deal.

I think the JA franchising tag deal will go down just like the LJ thing did last year. After the Chiefs got D Bowe signed, then they focused their efforts on getting LJ signed. Same thing will happen this year with JA after they get J. Long signed(fingers crossed).

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast