Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad move by the front office?

Default Bad move by the front office?

I just don't understand this move picking up Williams at all!

Here we have Jared Allen one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and we won't give him the time of day but we go out and throw money at Bell errrrrrrrr Williams.

I understand Donnie Edwards is getting older and probably won't be here much longer. But we have 10 draft picks. Edwards still has some life in him and we gave him this semi big contract last year. So why not draft a LB in the 3rd round and groom him to take Donnies place in a year or 2?? This move makes sense if we plan on releasing Donnie but won't that leave a big cap hit?

I just think this money could have gone to Allen right now and made him happy. I fear losing Allen is a GIANT step backwards for our defense. Plus we need a CB.... OL help DT help ectectect. The only spots i felt good about going into the off season were the LB's.

This just seems like another pointless move by Carl Peterson.

OK I'm done *****ing. Sigh.

400+ unread posts?

That means you haven't been doing your job!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You and 31 honestly believe we wouldn't have won at least 5 games last season with Tom Brady as our QB???????????????????????????????????????????? You realize there's more to playing the position than just throwing the ball right? Get serious!!!! If you honestly believe this, you are definetly in the minority around the world! I guarrantee it!
    I guess I am in the minority. While all you women swoon over him, I'm looking at Brady for what he is.

Please explain to me how an OG like Brian Waters benefits from Pro Bowl OLinemen like Shield and Roaf around him, but a QB who could absolutely do nothing without good linemen infront of him, could single handedly win more games with the guys we had last year....that just makes no sense what so ever.

Tom Brady is a great QB to be sure. He makes great decisions when he has all the time in the world and targets like Stallworth, Welker and Moss to throw to, but Brady is no "great athlete." Did you see his combine video? Right now, as i am sitting here, i could put up better numbers than what he put up at the combine. Homeboy ran the 40 in the mid 5's. I can't throw 70 yards, but i can hit 61 or 62.

Any QB looks like a super star when they have 7 seconds to sit in the pocket and not have to worry about getting hit.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I guess I am in the minority. While all you women swoon over him, I'm looking at Brady for what he is.

Please explain to me how an OG like Brian Waters benefits from Pro Bowl OLinemen like Shield and Roaf around him, but a QB who could absolutely do nothing without good linemen infront of him, could single handedly win more games with the guys we had last year....that just makes no sense what so ever.

You got me...

Tom Brady is a great QB to be sure. He makes great decisions when he has all the time in the world and targets like Stallworth, Welker and Moss to throw to, but Brady is no "great athlete." Did you see his combine video? Right now, as i am sitting here, i could put up better numbers than what he put up at the combine. Homeboy ran the 40 in the mid 5's. I can't throw 70 yards, but i can hit 61 or 62.

Are you a QB?

Any QB looks like a super star when they have 7 seconds to sit in the pocket and not have to worry about getting hit.
    I disagree. Most NFL starters will look like super stars with 7 seconds in the pocket. Not any QB.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I disagree. Most NFL starters will look like super stars with 7 seconds in the pocket. Not any QB.
    Really? Show me a poor QB with a great line.

Really? Show me a poor QB with a great line.
    Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Tavaris Jackson, Rex Grossman(or whomever the Bears choose to start).

Phillip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Tavaris Jackson, Rex Grossman(or whomever the Bears choose to start).
    Rivers and Cutler...2nd year starters are poor QBs? I keep forgetting Rivers DIDN'T play with a torn ACL in the AFC championship game...my bad.

Tavaris Jackson has been in the league forever!!!! You'd think by now he'd get his crap together....oh wait.

The Bears O-line isn't that good btw.

but keep trying.

Rivers and Cutler...2nd year starters are poor QBs? I keep forgetting Rivers DIDN'T play with a torn ACL in the AFC championship game...my bad.

Tavaris Jackson has been in the league forever!!!! You'd think by now he'd get his crap together....oh wait.

The Bears O-line isn't that good btw.

but keep trying.
    Allright expert.

You would think Rivers would do more with the offensive weapons and line he has wouldn't you? 277 completions in 460 attempts for 3152 yards, 21 TDs and 15 INTs. The fact is he doesn't have the composure to play the position.

Should I really go on even though your argument was that "Any QB looks like a super star when they have 7 seconds to sit in the pocket and not have to worry about getting hit."

Really, any QB?

Or do you want to argue about experience?

Allright expert.

You would think Rivers would do more with the offensive weapons and line he has wouldn't you? 277 completions in 460 attempts for 3152 yards, 21 TDs and 15 INTs. The fact is he doesn't have the composure to play the position.

Should I really go on even though your argument was that "Any QB looks like a super star when they have 7 seconds to sit in the pocket and not have to worry about getting hit."

Really, any QB?

Or do you want to argue about experience?
    Well, let's see, on one hand, you've got the Patriots, who in Brady's second season were coming off a Super Bowl win in which Brady was named MVP. The following season, Brady throws 28 TDs and 14 INT's.

So, we can compare the two if you'd like, considering their numbers are simlar with equally talented teams. Last year, Rivers led the Chargers to the best record in the league while leading them to one fewer game than Brady led the Pats THIS season.

Yeah, Rivers sucks.

Well, let's see, on one hand, you've got the Patriots, who in Brady's second season were coming off a Super Bowl win in which Brady was named MVP. The following season, Brady throws 28 TDs and 14 INT's.

So, we can compare the two if you'd like, considering their numbers are simlar with equally talented teams. Last year, Rivers led the Chargers to the best record in the league while leading them to one fewer game than Brady led the Pats THIS season.

Yeah, Rivers sucks.
    We can argue that Rivers led that team if you like.

I never said Rivers sucks, I said he lacks the composure to play the position. Maybe as he matures, he will get better but you didn't want to argue experience.

IMO, several other QBs in this league could walk into that position with those players and put up better numbers. Even rookies or second year QBs that have shown more maturity than Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Or when HH has a few
    A few...??? Is HH building up a tolerance???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast