Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad move by the front office?

Default Bad move by the front office?

I just don't understand this move picking up Williams at all!

Here we have Jared Allen one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and we won't give him the time of day but we go out and throw money at Bell errrrrrrrr Williams.

I understand Donnie Edwards is getting older and probably won't be here much longer. But we have 10 draft picks. Edwards still has some life in him and we gave him this semi big contract last year. So why not draft a LB in the 3rd round and groom him to take Donnies place in a year or 2?? This move makes sense if we plan on releasing Donnie but won't that leave a big cap hit?

I just think this money could have gone to Allen right now and made him happy. I fear losing Allen is a GIANT step backwards for our defense. Plus we need a CB.... OL help DT help ectectect. The only spots i felt good about going into the off season were the LB's.

This just seems like another pointless move by Carl Peterson.

OK I'm done *****ing. Sigh.

You may be right in your opinion about this guy but I think we should see him play first. Maybe a different team will motivate him. He is coming from a much worse situation in ATL.

I HATE that JA got franchised. It seems that CP just doesn't like the guy. Hopefully this backfires in his face and he eventually loses his job for choices like this.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by jaytray View Post
    I just don't understand this move picking up Williams at all!

Here we have Jared Allen one of the best pass rushers in the NFL and we won't give him the time of day but we go out and throw money at Bell errrrrrrrr Williams.

I understand Donnie Edwards is getting older and probably won't be here much longer. But we have 10 draft picks. Edwards still has some life in him and we gave him this semi big contract last year. So why not draft a LB in the 3rd round and groom him to take Donnies place in a year or 2?? This move makes sense if we plan on releasing Donnie but won't that leave a big cap hit?

I just think this money could have gone to Allen right now and made him happy. I fear losing Allen is a GIANT step backwards for our defense. Plus we need a CB.... OL help DT help ectectect. The only spots i felt good about going into the off season were the LB's.

This just seems like another pointless move by Carl Peterson.

OK I'm done *****ing. Sigh.
    Easy killer. This was a move to replace Harris more than anything. They're probably gonna move Edwards to the middle and put this guy on the outside if/when he signs.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Easy killer. This was a move to replace Harris more than anything. They're probably gonna move Edwards to the middle and put this guy on the outside if/when he signs.
    I hope you're right. IMO, Donnie is a better fit in the middle.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

I'm gonna give this guy a chance for sure. But for the first time I'm reallllllly thinking it's time for a new GM. This s*** is just getting old. I've been re living the same off season for 19 years now. urg.
    Last edited by chief31; 03-03-2008 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Language.

I definately like the idea of moving edwards to the middle. not that harris was bad. he just had to perform next to DJ and Edwards all year. edwards is just so smart.

in my opinion the allen situation will happen once the chiefs have to. right now he is on the back burner.

But one thing that I worry about is our lack of attempt at free agency. I know that i dont know **** about building a team. But I do know we have more needs than the draft can realistically solve. I know we are rebuilding but at least make an attempt to be competitive.

Agreed. We should have spent this money on a solid OL player and not a LB. If we continue to add players from the FA market over the next few days I can understand this move a whole lot better. But I have a feeling we won't see much more movement from CP.

I think we need to send all the cap money and draft picks on offense and then cross our fingers and see if the defense can hold!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

i'm curious what they saw in Williams that made them think he was worth starting over the guys we already have. i'm looking at the numbers from Williams, Harris and Edwards.

Harris- 116TKLS 1.5SCK 1FF 1INT
    Edwards- 104TKLS 2.0SCK 1FF 1INT
    Williams- 78TKLS 0.0SCK 0FF 2INT

the more i look at this, the more i think this signing was more for backup than anything. I think we need to be comparing this guy to the LBs we lost. surely Williams will be an upgrade over Bell and Fox.

What do you guys think about the WR spot? Webb surely isnt a #2. And though Tony G is an obvious weapon. Do you think that we need a legit second to avoid the double coverage of Bowe all season.

With our QB situation it seems we need all the options we can get to make a play.

Plus helping out our run game by proving we arent one dimentional by being able to pass. I am sure LJ would love to not look 8 defenders in the face at the start of every play.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast