Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Just once I would like to see KC........

Default Just once I would like to see KC........

Just once Id like to see KC go after a Marquis player, a big name athlete, a leader. Don't even say Donnie Edwards either, we just brought him back home where he belongs.

Seriously, there are a LOT of Free Agents out there in key positions that could help this team ean respect in the league and confidense in the locker room. Every time I see teams like phill'y and the Brown's picking up great players to booster there roster I wonder to myself, what is KC doing? Who are they looking at? What free Agent are they talking too? But the answer is REALLY noone.

Every High profile free agent in the off-season is surrounded by possibility's and rumors and interest from numorous teams. So far this off-season NONE of these players have seen ANY interest from the chiefs.

Take Chad Johnson for example. Here is an ALL-PRO reciever who is wanting out of cinncinati. We need a top reciever as bad as ANY team in the league. He would be a GREAT complement to bowe, (Who by the way is going to see a TON of double coverage next year if we don't get him another threat.) plus he has said in the past that he loves playin in Arrowhead because of the loud croud and college atmosphere.

Now, I understand that chances are he's gonna go where he can get the biggest $$$$. BUT, so far KC has not lifted ONE finger or shown an ounce of interest in Johnson. Why? Can any of you tell me that he's not worth ATLEAST and interest. I would think we could atleast call his agent and see if there was ANY chance he'd be interested in KC.

Once you do that, ESPN catches wind of it and ALL of a sudden theres a story. Then little guys like us can feel better about our Chiefs in knowing we atleast showed some interest in a guy like Johnson.......BUT NO!!!!

Like Iv'e said before, get used to the Chiefs relying on the little guy. Fine by me, but I bet if you put Johnson on one side, Bowe on the other, Parker in the slot, Johnson in the backfield and Gonzo at tight end, you have a defensive cord. with a bigger cup of coffee in front of him than his usual.

ONE player can make a HUGE difference. We need more help than that but my point is we NEED to go get us a LEADER. ROOKIES don't lead very often, they are ROOKIES. Just a bunch of young, unproven guys who have more money than they had the day before.

Remember the quote, "rookie Mistakes". A leader helps minimize the amout of those a team has. If we don't find us a couple THREATS, leaders, dominate force, BIG NAME players......we are just another Buffalo Bill.

Bigchief
    Last edited by chief31; 03-03-2008 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I've posted a few. the politcal one, i started one about Cloverfield, your crap about me bombing some place, school shootings....they say memory is the first to go.
    I had a memory?

at least i'm not a serial "hijacker." you and canada run off on all kinds of bs in every single one of these threads.

you my friend, are not allowed to talk about posting off topic posts.
    My bad, I'll stop then!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I still wasn't "cherry picking." You didn't specify what defensive category you were referring to. You put out a vague generalization about the Giants being ranked 17th on defense. I figured you were talking about "Total defense" because that's what the league looks at when ranking the teams' defenses.

Scoring defense is misleading. It doesn't account for turnovers deep in their own territory or pick 6's or specail team scoring or any of that crap. It's just "points scored against the team", not necessarily against the defense.
    Defensive yards allowed is also rather mis-leading. It doesn't account for teams that get stout, or weak in the red-zone.

Either way, the Giants were in no way a defensive standout.

at least i'm not a serial "hijacker." you and canada run off on all kinds of bs in every single one of these threads.

you my friend, are not allowed to talk about posting off topic posts.
    WTF did I do?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    WTF did I do?
    Yeah, geez. Is this supposed to be fun? Aren't we all Chiefs fans here?

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    WTF did I do?
    You drank beer.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Yeah, geez. Is this supposed to be fun? Aren't we all Chiefs fans here?

Yes we are all Chiefs fans!

God bless us, everyone!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021