Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Just once I would like to see KC........

Default Just once I would like to see KC........

Just once Id like to see KC go after a Marquis player, a big name athlete, a leader. Don't even say Donnie Edwards either, we just brought him back home where he belongs.

Seriously, there are a LOT of Free Agents out there in key positions that could help this team ean respect in the league and confidense in the locker room. Every time I see teams like phill'y and the Brown's picking up great players to booster there roster I wonder to myself, what is KC doing? Who are they looking at? What free Agent are they talking too? But the answer is REALLY noone.

Every High profile free agent in the off-season is surrounded by possibility's and rumors and interest from numorous teams. So far this off-season NONE of these players have seen ANY interest from the chiefs.

Take Chad Johnson for example. Here is an ALL-PRO reciever who is wanting out of cinncinati. We need a top reciever as bad as ANY team in the league. He would be a GREAT complement to bowe, (Who by the way is going to see a TON of double coverage next year if we don't get him another threat.) plus he has said in the past that he loves playin in Arrowhead because of the loud croud and college atmosphere.

Now, I understand that chances are he's gonna go where he can get the biggest $$$$. BUT, so far KC has not lifted ONE finger or shown an ounce of interest in Johnson. Why? Can any of you tell me that he's not worth ATLEAST and interest. I would think we could atleast call his agent and see if there was ANY chance he'd be interested in KC.

Once you do that, ESPN catches wind of it and ALL of a sudden theres a story. Then little guys like us can feel better about our Chiefs in knowing we atleast showed some interest in a guy like Johnson.......BUT NO!!!!

Like Iv'e said before, get used to the Chiefs relying on the little guy. Fine by me, but I bet if you put Johnson on one side, Bowe on the other, Parker in the slot, Johnson in the backfield and Gonzo at tight end, you have a defensive cord. with a bigger cup of coffee in front of him than his usual.

ONE player can make a HUGE difference. We need more help than that but my point is we NEED to go get us a LEADER. ROOKIES don't lead very often, they are ROOKIES. Just a bunch of young, unproven guys who have more money than they had the day before.

Remember the quote, "rookie Mistakes". A leader helps minimize the amout of those a team has. If we don't find us a couple THREATS, leaders, dominate force, BIG NAME players......we are just another Buffalo Bill.

Bigchief
    Last edited by chief31; 03-03-2008 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KcBigChief View Post
    Just once Id like to see KC go after a Marquis player, a big name athlete, a leader. Don't even say Donnie Edwards either, we just brought him back home where he belongs. Seriously, there are a LOT of Free Agents out there in key positions that could help this team ean respect in the league and confidense in the locker room. Every time I see teams like phill'y and the Brown's picking up great players to booster there roster I wonder to myself, what is KC doing? Who are they looking at? What free Agent are they talking too? But the answer is REALLY noone. Every High profile free agent in the off-season is surrounded by possibility's and rumors and interest from numorous teams. So far this off-season NONE of these players have seen ANY interest from the chiefs. Take Chad Johnson for example. Here is an ALL-PRO reciever who is wanting out of cinncinati. We need a top reciever as bad as ANY team in the league. He would be a GREAT complement to bowe, (Who by the way is going to see a TON of double coverage next year if we don't get him another threat.) plus he has said in the past that he loves playin in Arrowhead because of the loud croud and college atmosphere. Now, I understand that chances are he's gonna go where he can get the biggest $$$$. BUT, so far KC has not lifted ONE finger or shown an ounce of interest in Johnson. Why? Can any of you tell me that he's not worth ATLEAST and interest. I would think we could atleast call his agent and see if there was ANY chance he'd be interested in KC. Once you do that, ESPN catches wind of it and ALL of a sudden theres a story. Then little guys like us can feel better about our Chiefs in knowing we atleast showed some interest in a guy like Johnson.......BUT NO!!!!

Like Iv'e said before, get used to the Chiefs relying on the little guy. Fine by me, but I bet if you put Johnson on one side, Bowe on the other, Parker in the slot, Johnson in the backfield and Gonzo at tight end, you have a defensive cord. with a bigger cup of coffee in front of him than his usual. ONE player can make a HUGE difference. We need more help than that but my point is we NEED to go get us a LEADER. ROOKIES don't lead very often, they are ROOKIES. Just a bunch of young, unproven guys who have more money than they had the day before.

Remember the quote, "rookie Mistakes". A leader helps minimize the amout of those a team has. If we don't find us a couple THREATS, leaders, dominate force, BIG NAME players......we are just another Buffalo Bill.

Bigchief
    Agreed. This team has never gone after the "high profile" Player and probably never will under Carl Peterson.

I understand us wanting/needing to get younger. But you can't have a 54 man roster full of 24 year old guys trying to make a football team. Croyle is not a leader in the locker or on the field (yet) Johnson is Johnson and keeps to himself. Tony is a leader but how much can a all pro TE who gets double teamed every play really do?

Why can't we get younger but still and an all pro WR or OL?
    This is just the new thinking of the chiefs and it's new thrifty owner if you ask me.

No super bowl in sight.

Not a chance.

Carl don't roll like that.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

You had me until you called us the Bills....Cleveland and Phily get big name players....who Fin cares, how many SuperBowls has it won them?? Good call, unless you mean you want to be like Buf and lose 4 times. Soundls like a great plan. Free Agency building is the reason that we are 4-12. Figure it out.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    You had me until you called us the Bills....Cleveland and Phily get big name players....who Fin cares, how many SuperBowls has it won them?? Good call, unless you mean you want to be like Buf and lose 4 times. Soundls like a great plan. Free Agency building is the reason that we are 4-12. Figure it out.
    Absolutely correct. Look at the(i'm gonna throw up) Pats. Most of their success is due to good drafting.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

The key is to draft good young talent, then when the need arises, go after some free agents as an upgrade if you can't draft them, or the players you did draft need time to grow.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

I jsut think it is funny that people are complaining that we missed out on the highest paid player in NFL history. Damn...we coulda spent all our cap money in one shot.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I jsut think it is funny that people are complaining that we missed out on the highest paid player in NFL history. Damn...we coulda spent all our cap money in one shot.
    Who?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Who?
    I think he's referring to Chad Johnson. I can't read minds... yet.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    I think he's referring to Chad Johnson. I can't read minds... yet.
    Can you do Jedi mind tricks... yet?

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast