Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Wilkerson signs with Bucs

Default Jimmy Wilkerson signs with Bucs

Jimmy Wilkerson agrees to terms with Bucs

Kansas City Star
    March 01, 2008

The Chiefs lost yet another veteran player on Saturday, but this time it wasn't by their own choosing.
    Reserve defensive lineman Jimmy Wilkerson agreed to terms of a two-year contract with Tampa Bay. The Chiefs had hoped to re-sign Wilkerson, who can play all of their line positions.
    Wilkerson said Tampa Bay's contract offer was similar to that of the Chiefs but the Bucs promised something the Chiefs couldn't: that he would be able to compete for a starting job.
    'I gave a lot of thought to coming back to the Chiefs,' he said. 'But I really felt the Chiefs wouldn't miss me. They drafted two defensive linemen last year (Turk McBride and Tank Tyler) and they're going to be good players, so it's going to be hard for me to get a lot of playing time.'
    Wilkerson, the Chiefs' sixth-round draft pick in 2003, played five seasons in Kansas City. He started a total of five games.

Is it just me or was Jimmy a pretty solid backup for us. I think we should've kept this guy. Good job Carl.

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Who was that? I didn't even remember who the guy was.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    He was a pretty good backup D lineman, special teamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    You tell me!

I thought he was talking about this guy!

http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

I liked him, but you can't blame a guy for going where he has a chance to start.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    He was a pretty good backup D lineman, special teamer.
    I see. The guy might have went with the Bucks because he wanted out of KC; probably feels like he has a better shot at a Championship there, and with Carl not letting him compete for the stating spot just made his decision that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by royalswin100games View Post
    Jimmy Wilkerson agrees to terms with Bucs

Kansas City Star
    March 01, 2008

The Chiefs lost yet another veteran player on Saturday, but this time it wasn't by their own choosing.
    Reserve defensive lineman Jimmy Wilkerson agreed to terms of a two-year contract with Tampa Bay. The Chiefs had hoped to re-sign Wilkerson, who can play all of their line positions.
    Wilkerson said Tampa Bay's contract offer was similar to that of the Chiefs but the Bucs promised something the Chiefs couldn't: that he would be able to compete for a starting job.
    'I gave a lot of thought to coming back to the Chiefs,' he said. 'But I really felt the Chiefs wouldn't miss me. They drafted two defensive linemen last year (Turk McBride and Tank Tyler) and they're going to be good players, so it's going to be hard for me to get a lot of playing time.'
    Wilkerson, the Chiefs' sixth-round draft pick in 2003, played five seasons in Kansas City. He started a total of five games.

Is it just me or was Jimmy a pretty solid backup for us. I think we should've kept this guy. Good job Carl.
    did you read this? the chiefs wanted to resign him but he wanted a chance to start. I don't think that is Carls fault....not trying to defend him by the way

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You tell me!

I thought he was talking about this guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I liked him, but you can't blame a guy for going where he has a chance to start.
    Agreed!

We gotta big time storm rollin through. I'm gonna shut down, so BEHAVE YOU GUYS! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by AkChief49 View Post
    did you read this? the chiefs wanted to resign him but he wanted a chance to start. I don't think that is Carls fault....not trying to defend him by the way
    If they want to "rebuild", they should do all they can to keep the quality players that are under 30 on this team. Wilkerson is 27. I've noticed he played pretty well when he had an opportunity. Maybe it wasn't Carl's fault. But if it's the coaching staff, they made a mistake IMO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast