Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wesley

Default Wesley

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Fine, you want to go into the past and look at numbers?

Let's do that. Remember, we traded Hall for a 4th rd pick. Let's look at their 2006 seasons.
    Hall-
    G 15 RET 53 YDS 1207 AVG 22.8 LNG 60 20+ 36 40+3
    Drummond-
    G 14 RET 62 YDS 1349 AVG 21.8 LNG 65 20+ 33 40+3

So, Hall was averaging 2 yds more than Drummond was in 2006. Are those 2 yds worth more than the ability to draft Kolby Smith?

I'll be back a little later to help you out on the rest
    Ahem....

We traded Dante for the pick that we took Medlock with. A total waste of a Pro-Bowl KR.

But thanks for the help.

By the way, you didn't like comparing the '07 numbers I guess. And instead, chose to act as if Herm had Drummond all lined up to replace him. [He was cut by the Lions during training camp.]

You have defended every bad move that Herm has made. All the while going so far as to bash Super Bowl champion coaches Vermiel and Cowher.

I can't believe that there is anything that Herm could do to draw any criticism from you. Including compiling a career losing record.

As for Wesley, you used his '06 numbers as a starter, when he was actually coming off the bench. Remember Sammie Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Ahem....

We traded Dante for the pick that we took Medlock with. A total waste of a Pro-Bowl KR.

But thanks for the help.

I really wish you'd just take my word for some things. We drafted Kolby before we drafted Medlock. If we are recieving a draft pick in the 5th round from the Rams, who do you think had the lower pick? The Chiefs coming off a playoff loss or the Rams who never made the playoffs?....not that it really matters anyway considering the pick originally belonged to the Bills. BUT.....we DID pick Kolby with the Ram's pick from the Hall trade. Medlock was taken #23 in the 5th round compared to Smith who was taken at #11 in the 5th.

P.S. You're welcome for the help
    By the way, you didn't like comparing the '07 numbers I guess. And instead, chose to act as if Herm had Drummond all lined up to replace him. [He was cut by the Lions during training camp.]

I compared the '07 numbers, but you didn't like those because Dante only played 7 games. Why is ok to look at Hall's numbers from '06 and think he's going to be SO much better than Drummond, who's '06 numbers are EXTREMELY comparable to Dante's?

You have defended every bad move that Herm has made. All the while going so far as to bash Super Bowl champion coaches Vermiel and Cowher.

I can't believe that there is anything that Herm could do to draw any criticism from you. Including compiling a career losing record.

As for Wesley, you used his '06 numbers as a starter, when he was actually coming off the bench. Remember Sammie Knight?
    Oh, my bad. Vermeil replaced Wesley before Herm ever got the chance....kinda defeats the whole arguement about Herm only starting Pollard because he's Herm's guy, huh?

But I suppose that Herm won't get any of the credit for those mistakes. It seems that only the successful moves are credited to Herm.

Well DUHH. That was a bad decision. So that had nothing to do with Herm. How does that work again? Herm drafted any player that does well, while all the failures were someone elses decision?

I just want to make sure I have the rules straight.

Which mistakes are you refering to?

Drafting the second rated kicker in the draft ahead of the first rated kicker because he's a UCLA guy? Really? Tell me that doesn't have Carl Peterson written all over it.

...or maybe it was the "mistake" of trading a KR who did relatively nothing for the team the year before, for a solid #2 RB while picking up a FA KR who had comparable numbers to Hall in '06.

...or maybe it was the "mistake" of releasing a LB who isn't as good as this board thinks he is.

...or maybe it was releasing a kicker who was inconsistent at best while being unable to hit a 12 yard FG in a dome in a playoff game.

Please....enlighten me how obvious these "mistakes" are...i just don't see it. All i see are a bunch of monday morning QBs who think the coach is bad because he traded a washed up KR.

The fact is that even if you want to blind yourself to the positives about some of the players that we let go, you can't deny the failure to replace them. (Mitchell/Harris exception)
    ...and again, this makes no sense.

Hall for 7 games < Kolby Smith & Eddie Drummond

Tynes IS NOT a good kicker, but Medlock was not Herm's decision.

Mitchell < Harris

.....anything else...well, besides the fact that the Offense got old which you'd like to blame on Herm?

I guess Herm destroyed our great defense too, huh?

Herm lost the Faders game for us on a bad call! :P
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Ahem....

But thanks for the help.

Go back and show me his record with a stable QB. Then come talk to me about his record.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Herm lost the Faders game for us on a bad call! :P
    But, he started one "his" guys in Jarrod Page, who won at least 2 games for us on picks...so, it's still 2-1. try again. lol

Dosen't he pick who his QB is? Didn't he have Pennington for a while? How is that an excuse for a losing record?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    But, he started one "his" guys in Jarrod Page, who won at least 2 games for us on picks...so, it's still 2-1. try again.
    OK, the other 11 games we lost last season.

Dosen't he pick who his QB is? Didn't he have Pennington for a while? How is that an excuse for a losing record?
    How many seasons was Pennington healthy? Look at the seasons when Pennington was healthy for all 16 games, then look at those records.

OK, the other 11 games we lost last season.
    So, you're saying we could've gone undefeated with team we had last season if we had just someone else as head coach? really?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast