Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Wesley

Default Wesley

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Oh, my bad. Vermeil replaced Wesley before Herm ever got the chance....kinda defeats the whole arguement about Herm only starting Pollard because he's Herm's guy, huh?
    No. Your boy Hermie was the head coach in '06.

...and again, this makes no sense.

Hall for 7 games < Kolby Smith ... err you mean Justin Medlock, not Kolby... & Eddie Drummond and no way to that.

Tynes IS NOT a good kicker, but Medlock was not Herm's decision.

He was better than the garbage that Herm replaced him with. And if you are going to give Herm the credit for drafting the good players, then he gets Medlock too.

Mitchell < Harris

.....anything else...well, besides the fact that the Offense got old which you'd like to blame on Herm?

I guess Herm destroyed our great defense too, huh?
    The man has never faltered.

Go back and show me his record with a stable QB. Then come talk to me about his record.
    Exactly!!! He has never bothered to protect a QB. But that would be someone elses fault, I'm sure.

I call this texascide...

chief31 style...

:cool:
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    No. Your boy Hermie was the head coach in '06.

This is why i like using FACTS to back my statements up. Sammy Knight was signed in Vermeil's last offseason here and produced as a STARTER for the Chiefs in '05.

I like how you keep acting like we drafted Medlock with the pick we got from the Rams. I've already covered that in a previous post...#42, but i guess you just missed that one.

Exactly!!! He has never bothered to protect a QB. But that would be someone elses fault, I'm sure.
    Yeah, it sucked that those linemen only decided to protect/block for Curtis Martin to a 1308 yard season the first time Pennington was hurt and a career high 1697 yard season the same year Pennington was hurt the second time.

Pennington had a hurt:
    Wrist from 9/3/03-8/8/03
    R-Shoulder from 11/10/04-12/01/04
    R-Shoulder from 9/28/05-10/31/05
    Calf from 9/20/06-1/3/07
    Pelvis, R-leg, Ankle from 9/7/07-11/16/07

Pennington is a fragile QB. Period. During this same time period, David Carr was getting sacked so many times, he was breaking NFL records as the most sacked QB in NFL history...how many times did you hear of David Carr missing games?

BTW- Herm has drafted Olinemen in:
    01-Kareem McKinzie-3rd rd-(Starter for SB champ Giants)
    01-Situpe Peko-6th no info
    02-Chris Baker-3rd-(2 year starter for Jets)
    02-Jonathan Goodwin-5th (started in '05, mostly backup)
    03-Dave Yonanovits-7th no info
    04-Adrian Jones-4th(starter in '05, now backup in KC)
    04-Mark Cavka-5th no info
    05-Joel Dreesen-6th no info
    06-Dre Stallings-6th
    07-Taylor Herb-6th
    07-Michael Allen-7th

If it's talent evaluation you want to look at, let's compare the past 2 coaches to coach here in KC from 2001 to 2005: these players are still contributing to their respective teams and first rounders

Vermiel drafted:
    01:
    no first rounder
    Derrick Blaylock-5th
    Monty Beisel-4th

02:
    Ryan Sims-1st
    Eddie Freeman-2nd
    Scott Fujita-4th

03:
    Larry Johnson-1st
    Kawika Mitchell-2nd
    Jordan Black-5th
    Jimmy Wilkerson-6th

04:
    no first rounder
    Keyaron Fox-3rd
    Jared Allen-4th

05:
    Derrick Johnson-1st
    Dustin Colquitt-3rd

Edwards drafted:

01:
    Santana Moss-1st
    LaMont Jordan-2nd
    Kareem McKenzie-3rd
    James Reed-7th

02:
    Bryan Thomas-1st
    Jon McGraw-2nd
    Chris Baker-3rd

03:
    Dwayne Robertson-1st
    Victor Hobson-2nd
    Brooks Bollinger-6th

04:
    Jonathan Vilma-1st
    Jerricho Cotchery-4th
    Eric Coleman-5th
    Derrick Ward-7th

05:
    no first rounder
    Mike Nugent-2nd
    Kerry Rhodes-4th

Just looking at the names on these lists, i'm glad if we're going to rebuild this team thru the draft, that Vermeil is gone. I'd say Herm is a better evaluater of talent than Dick was, but I'm sure y'all will find reasons to tell my why Vermeil's group was so much better than Herm's.

Yeah, it sucked that those linemen only decided to protect/block for Curtis Martin to a 1308 yard season the first time Pennington was hurt and a career high 1697 yard season the same year Pennington was hurt the second time.

How is it that you don't understand the difference between run-blocking and pass-protection?

BTW- Herm has drafted Olinemen in:
    01-Kareem McKinzie-3rd rd-(Starter for SB champ Giants)
    01-Situpe Peko-6th no info
    02-Chris Baker-3rd-(2 year starter for Jets)
    02-Jonathan Goodwin-5th (started in '05, mostly backup)
    03-Dave Yonanovits-7th no info
    04-Adrian Jones-4th(starter in '05, now backup in KC)
    04-Mark Cavka-5th no info
    05-Joel Dreesen-6th no info
    06-Dre Stallings-6th
    07-Taylor Herb-6th
    07-Michael Allen-7th

So, one starter in seven drafts? Impressive! Maybe if Herm had tried taking an o-lineman in one of the first two rounds, he would have had two starters!

If it's talent evaluation you want to look at, let's compare the past 2 coaches to coach here in KC from 2001 to 2005: these players are still contributing to their respective teams and first rounders

Vermiel drafted:
    01:
    no first rounder
    Derrick Blaylock-5th
    Monty Beisel-4th

02:
    Ryan Sims-1st
    Eddie Freeman-2nd
    Scott Fujita-4th

03:
    Larry Johnson-1st
    Kawika Mitchell-2nd
    Jordan Black-5th
    Jimmy Wilkerson-6th

04:
    no first rounder
    Keyaron Fox-3rd
    Jared Allen-4th

05:
    Derrick Johnson-1st
    Dustin Colquitt-3rd

Edwards drafted:

01:
    Santana Moss-1st
    LaMont Jordan-2nd
    Kareem McKenzie-3rd
    James Reed-7th

02:
    Bryan Thomas-1st
    Jon McGraw-2nd
    Chris Baker-3rd

03:
    Dwayne Robertson-1st
    Victor Hobson-2nd
    Brooks Bollinger-6th

04:
    Jonathan Vilma-1st
    Jerricho Cotchery-4th
    Eric Coleman-5th
    Derrick Ward-7th

05:
    no first rounder
    Mike Nugent-2nd
    Kerry Rhodes-4th

Just looking at the names on these lists, i'm glad if we're going to rebuild this team thru the draft, that Vermeil is gone. I'd say Herm is a better evaluater of talent than Dick was, but I'm sure y'all will find reasons to tell my why Vermeil's group was so much better than Herm's.
    It's all about the jewelry. How many Conference Championships for Herms teams? And how many for D.V.? How many Super Bowl rings? How about Cowher?

Dick had two less first round picks.

You don't think that might have anything to do with it?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    It's all about the jewelry. How many Conference Championships for Herms teams? And how many for D.V.? How many Super Bowl rings? How about Cowher?
    oh, yeah...that's a fair comparison. Let's see, 15 years or 7. Cowher had 2 AFC titles and one ring in 15 years....same for ol' dicky.

So, you want to hire ANOTHER coach who only got 2 AFC titles and one ring in 15 seasons after hiring one who couldn't even get us a conference Championship in 1/3 of his career.

Basically, you're saying you want to give Cowher 15 years as a head coach just to go 2 super bowls and win only one.

We don't even know what we can expect from newer coaches like Edwards, Lovie Smith, Nolan, Manginni, etc.... and i've heard all these guy's names on the hot seat this offseason. Hell, Tom Coughlin's name was being mentioned during THIS season. It's just a shame fans don't have more patience with these coaches.

oh, yeah...that's a fair comparison. Let's see, 15 years or 7. Cowher had 2 AFC titles and one ring in 15 years....same for ol' dicky.

So, you want to hire ANOTHER coach who only got 2 AFC titles and one ring in 15 seasons after hiring one who couldn't even get us a conference Championship in 1/3 of his career.

Basically, you're saying you want to give Cowher 15 years as a head coach just to go 2 super bowls and win only one.

We don't even know what we can expect from newer coaches like Edwards, Lovie Smith, Nolan, Manginni, etc.... and i've heard all these guy's names on the hot seat this offseason. Hell, Tom Coughlin's name was being mentioned during THIS season. It's just a shame fans don't have more patience with these coaches.
    It really sucks running into Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    It really sucks running into Peyton Manning in the playoffs.
    we had THE best offense in the league....according to you, that's all we needed. Plenty of good teams have beaten Peyton Manning in the playoffs....the guy only has ONE ring in 9 seasons. "Peyton Manning" is a REALLY crappy excuse for not winning a playoff game.

I guess it was ALL Peyton Manning and had nothing to do with our 29th ranked defense, right?

we had THE best offense in the league....according to you, that's all we needed. Plenty of good teams have beaten Peyton Manning in the playoffs....the guy only has ONE ring in 9 seasons. "Peyton Manning" is a REALLY crappy excuse for not winning a playoff game.

I guess it was ALL Peyton Manning and had nothing to do with our 29th ranked defense, right?
    You act like I don't want our defense to be good.

That is crazy. I want a dominant team on both sides of the ball and you know it, as a fellow Chiefs fan.

Are you telling me that you don't think Peyton had anything to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You act like I don't want our defense to be good.

That is crazy. I want a dominant team on both sides of the ball and you know it, as a fellow Chiefs fan.

Are you telling me that you don't think Peyton had anything to do with it?
    i know that Peyton can and has been stopped by better defenses. He wouldn't have been able to do what he did without facing a 29th ranked defense. We saw an example of that when he got destroyed by the Patriots later in the playoffs.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast