Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Wesley

Default Wesley

"Everybody underestimates the kick in the groin." - Bas Rutten

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    oh, yeah...that's a fair comparison. Let's see, 15 years or 7. Cowher had 2 AFC titles and one ring in 15 years....same for ol' dicky.

So, you want to hire ANOTHER coach who only got 2 AFC titles and one ring in 15 seasons after hiring one who couldn't even get us a conference Championship in 1/3 of his career.

Basically, you're saying you want to give Cowher 15 years as a head coach just to go 2 super bowls and win only one.

We don't even know what we can expect from newer coaches like Edwards, Lovie Smith, Nolan, Manginni, etc.... and i've heard all these guy's names on the hot seat this offseason. Hell, Tom Coughlin's name was being mentioned during THIS season. It's just a shame fans don't have more patience with these coaches.
    Both Cowher and D.V. had gone to a Super Bowl in their first four seasons.

Herm does not qualify as a "newer" head coach. This will be his eighth season as a head coach.

By this point in Cowhers, or D.V.s careers, they had both accomplished more.

i know that Peyton can and has been stopped by better defenses. He wouldn't have been able to do what he did without facing a 29th ranked defense. We saw an example of that when he got destroyed by the Patriots later in the playoffs.
    You keep pointing out our ranking as a D when we lost to him.

I'm sorry it was so poor, but it was what it was.

I guess Peyton had nothing to do with it.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Both Cowher and D.V. had gone to a Super Bowl in their first four seasons.

Herm does not qualify as a "newer" head coach. This will be his eighth season as a head coach.

By this point in Cowhers, or D.V.s careers, they had both accomplished more.
    Too bad Dicky couldn't call on those first 4 years of experience and figure out how to put a defense on the field for the Chiefs huh?....oh, wait....by then, he already had at least 10 years of experience over a 30 year time period.

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You keep pointing out our ranking as a D when we lost to him.

I'm sorry it was so poor, but it was what it was.

I guess Peyton had nothing to do with it.
    what? i'm missing something i guess. did we play Manning every game of that year or what? Is he the reason our defense was ranked nearly last in every defensive catagory?....or were the Chiefs' weaknesses already exposed and taken advantage of?

Do you think Manning created a whole new offense on the fly to counter our defense or what?

I'm out. goodnite y'all

what? i'm missing something i guess. did we play Manning every game of that year or what? Is he the reason our defense was ranked nearly last in every defensive catagory?....or were the Chiefs' weaknesses already exposed and taken advantage of?

Do you think Manning created a whole new offense on the fly to counter our defense or what?
    You just posted that the Chiefs had the number one offense in the NFL.

Do you think that the Chiefs played worse defenses than the Colts those years?

And yeah I think that Manning is CAPABLE of creating a whole new offense on the fly to counter our defense.

It's called using audibles.
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Too bad Dicky couldn't call on those first 4 years of experience and figure out how to put a defense on the field for the Chiefs huh?....oh, wait....by then, he already had at least 10 years of experience over a 30 year time period.

Are you saying that D.V. had some weaknesses? OMG NOOOOOO!!!!!!

But he took two teams to the Super Bowl, winning one, in his first ten seasons. That sounds like he muist have had some strengths too.

What has Herm done in seven seasons? Hell, take D.V.s last seven to compare against if you like. Take Cowhers first, or last, seven seasons to compare against.

Did it work out for D.V. in K.C? Nope. Maybe he should be discreditted because he was unable to get his team to the Super Bowl in five years. (Despite the fact that he had already done it with two othwer teams.)

Then what to do with Herm, who was equally as unable to get that task completed, in the excat same window?

I'm out. goodnite y'all
    Best post from you yet!

Rep!

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    You just posted that the Chiefs had the number one offense in the NFL.

Do you think that the Chiefs played worse defenses than the Colts those years?

And yeah I think that Manning is CAPABLE of creating a whole new offense on the fly to counter our defense.

It's called using audibles.
    umm, no.....audibles are already in your established offense...that's why all 10 of the other players know what to do when you call one. Audibles are ONLY for changing a play...Manning was not drawing plays in the dirt.

...and yes, the Chiefs OBVIOUSLY played worse defense those years:

REGULAR SEASON TOTAL DEFENSE RANK
    2001-KC 23, IND 29
    2002-KC 32, IND 8
    2003-KC 29, IND 11
    2004-KC 31, IND 29
    2005-KC 25, IND 11

of course you would know this if you actually stopped to do a little research before opening your mouth.

umm, no.....audibles are already in your established offense...that's why all 10 of the other players know what to do when you call one. Audibles are ONLY for changing a play...Manning was not drawing plays in the dirt.

...and yes, the Chiefs OBVIOUSLY played worse defense those years:

REGULAR SEASON TOTAL DEFENSE RANK
    2001-KC 23, IND 29
    2002-KC 32, IND 8
    2003-KC 29, IND 11
    2004-KC 31, IND 29
    2005-KC 25, IND 11

of course you would know this if you actually stopped to do a little research before opening your mouth.
    Time for you to do some more research there guy.

Maybe if you opened your eyes before you opened your mouth you would have seen that I said we "do you think we played worse defenseS than the Colts" not that we played better defense than the Colts.

Now back to the audibles.

I didn't say Manning was drawing plays in the dirt, I know what an audible is jackass.

My point was that he was ALLOWED to call audibles at all.

I can't remember seeing the Chiefs use any audibles last year.
    Last edited by hermhater; 03-16-2008 at 08:36 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678